Fake Sebenza Just sold on eBay.

I searched "chris reeve damascus" and this clone from DH showed up partway down the page. Same screws, same type of damascus pattern:

rBVaEVcgyBWAJPtNAABkuoeq4hY516.jpg

I post my CRK dealer name in my ebay seller profile. It is easy for a buyer to verify that i am an authorized CRK dealer with a phone call to Chris Reeve Inc or they can find my dealer name on the CRK dealer page.... and they can call me as well. I don't have any issues with having my phone number and my dealer name on ebay.

It is reassuring to be able to call the person that you are buying from.

I feel bad for whomever bought this knife.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/142194284760

I just purchased a Sebenza 21 on ebay
sent to CRK to verify authenticity and sure enough it was counterfeit!
I immediately emailed the seller and filed a return request .
I just sent the knife back today.
You can get good deals , just have to make sure they aren't fake.
I believe some sellers don't know they have a counterfeit and might have gotten taken themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad I bought mine years ago before these fakes started to appear.

So wait a minute.... You're telling me a knife maker used more than one type of screw and hardware configuration...? Somebody better tell Anthony Marfione he's messing up.

He used different screws at particular times, it's a fact.. Just because you have something akin to this mans comment doesn't mean it's gospel. i've owned, seen and handled genuine CRK's with closed cap screws, period.

So wait a minute.... You're telling me a knife maker used more than one type of screw and hardware configuration...? Somebody better tell Anthony Marfione he's messing up.

He used different screws at particular times, it's a fact.. Just because you have something akin to this mans comment doesn't mean it's gospel. i've owned, seen and handled genuine CRK's with closed cap screws, period.

I have never seen anything different. I have bought screws from Chris Reeve and they have never been closed. I did a google search band every Chris Reeve knife has the open head screw.
If I am wrong prove it to me. Show me something from Chris Reeve's website.
The knife in question on eBay was a horrible example of a Fake Damascus Sebenza. That is why I started this thread and I want to make sure people don't buy knives that are not genuine.

I have never seen anything different. I have bought screws from Chris Reeve and they have never been closed. I did a google search band every Chris Reeve knife has the open head screw.
If I am wrong prove it to me. Show me something from Chris Reeve's website.
The knife in question on eBay was a horrible example of a Fake Damascus Sebenza. That is why I started this thread and I want to make sure people don't buy knives that are not genuine.

And your head/heart is in the right place... but if you tell people something's fake for the wrong reasons that's wrong... Please note majority of the closed back examples are unique graphics or higher end knives with inserts... It's not something he commonly does... but what you're doing is basically saying a composite blade kershaw tilt is fake because it has two steels and the leek you have doesn't have that.

It looks fake to me and they are not selling it. It says discontinued.

........... Are you really implying a knife that knife center has pictured is fake and because it's discontinued it's not relevant to this discussion..?

And your head/heart is in the right place... but if you tell people something's fake for the wrong reasons that's wrong... Please note majority of the closed back examples are unique graphics or higher end knives with inserts... It's not something he commonly does... but what you're doing is basically saying a composite blade kershaw tilt is fake because it has two steels and the leek you have doesn't have that.

I didn't know they did that. Thanks for letting me know. I have seen lots of higher end Chris Reeve knives and they have always had the open screws.

I didn't know they did that. Thanks for letting me know. I have seen lots of higher end Chris Reeve knives and they have always had the open screws.

They "ALMOST" always do. To be perfectly honest, when that knife was $99 on eBay I had to really look at it and was only using my cell phone... steered away and it skyrocketed. The fakes are coming a VERY long way.. the cheap ones are absolute garbage but I held a very, VERY well made CRK fake and I'm here to tell you 99% of the people out there wouldn't know the difference. If these clowns in China would just make their own high end knife company and do their own thing they'd have a really good thing going for them. I'd GLADLY pay $100-150 for a unique, overbuilt folder instead of $28 for a fake sabenza.

........... Are you really implying a knife that knife center has pictured is fake and because it's discontinued it's not relevant to this discussion..?

Well I am wrong. I googled Lisa's Picks and saw some with closed ends.
Well you learn something new everyday:)

Well I am wrong. I googled Lisa's Picks and saw some with closed ends.
Well you learn something new everyday:)

I'm not 100% convinced that one was a fake brother... just my .02 I've seen guys scream fake striders when they werent from the rooftops.

P.S., Gorgeous CRK you have there, well played.

I bought one off ebay about a year ago and it was a fake. I notified ebay annd it took about two or three weeks but i got my money back. The best part is he wouldnt give me a return shipping label back to isreal so they sided in my favor because his time to do so expired. he contacted me a day or two later and said hey, i refunded your payment now send the knife back to me. I told him not a chance in heck he missed his chance and he didnt refund anything he forfeited his claim he said he couldnt see the difference and insisted it was real. The guy is still selling the knives on there too occasionally they are selling like the real deal i learned from that one. Crazy thing is i paid like 300 bucks and the pics and everything was for a 21 and when it arrived it was a copy of a 25. Had the torx hardware and the sheath said " think twice gut once" when i first seen it i felt sick to my stomach. I was lucky i had owned crks before because i caught it right off and the action was real gritty and nothing like the real deal. I wound up giving it to my cousin and the screws came out and he lost the back spacer within a week.

I bought one off ebay about a year ago and it was a fake. I notified ebay annd it took about two or three weeks but i got my money back. The best part is he wouldnt give me a return shipping label back to isreal so they sided in my favor because his time to do so expired. he contacted me a day or two later and said hey, i refunded your payment now send the knife back to me. I told him not a chance in heck he missed his chance and he didnt refund anything he forfeited his claim he said he couldnt see the difference and insisted it was real. The guy is still selling the knives on there too occasionally they are selling like the real deal i learned from that one. Crazy thing is i paid like 300 bucks and the pics and everything was for a 21 and when it arrived it was a copy of a 25. Had the torx hardware and the sheath said " think twice gut once" when i first seen it i felt sick to my stomach. I was lucky i had owned crks before because i caught it right off and the action was real gritty and nothing like the real deal. I wound up giving it to my cousin and the screws came out and he lost the back spacer within a week.

I think the moral of the story is if you're buying a used knife of that price, get detailed pics, pay via paypal goods and service and if they have no feedback stay far away...
People are trash at times and resort to very, very ugly methods. Glad you got your money back...

Back