Favorite Spyderco

Want to hear something disgusting? I have never owned a Spyderco blade. Whew! Feels good to finally get that off my chest.
Honestly, I have been a bit turned off by Zytel scales; but I'm over it. This purchase is waaaaay overdue. Looking for a folder, larger is better, but size isn't everything or so I'm told; and I'm not picky about on blade style on this particular purchase. (Looking in the $1-200 price range).

Help me decide churning sea of blade knowledge!

Paramiltary 2 or Endura 4... had both, still have the Para, I loved both. Awesome knives for the cash.

Want to hear something disgusting? I have never owned a Spyderco blade. Whew! Feels good to finally get that off my chest.
Honestly, I have been a bit turned off by Zytel scales; but I'm over it. This purchase is waaaaay overdue. Looking for a folder, larger is better, but size isn't everything or so I'm told; and I'm not picky about on blade style on this particular purchase. (Looking in the $1-200 price range).

Help me decide churning sea of blade knowledge!
a lot of their models are with G-10, some are CF, some are Ti, rest is FRN
Paramilitary 2 is classic, I also like Military and Manix2 XL.

Everyone needs a Military IMO, and you're looking for a large knife.
Sounds like the ticket to me.

I'm on the prowl for a military cru wear or the sprint runs....

Long blade with a solid feeling handle? Can't go wrong with the Military. Or the G-10 Police. Or the Manix2XL. Or the regular Manix2. Or even the Resilience, which for under $50 is probably on of the best long Spydies you can get. You could also look at the Gayle Bradley, which is lauded as one of the toughest Spyderco on the market today. It also boasts CPM M4 steel and CF/G-10 laminate handles, and at around $150 is a steal of a knife.

Dude just go get a Gayle Bradley and be happy. My absolute favorite knife of all times is a Southard Flipper. That's pretty impressive consider that I've owned multiple CRK, a Hinderer, Strider, and other big company knives. Spyderco offers far far more than just FRN handles.

If you like large then get a Manix 2 XL with G10 handles and S30V blade.

My favorites are:
Southard Flipper- Titanium Handle+ G10 Handle Scale
Techno- Titanium handle
Gayle Bradley- Carbon Fiber handle scales + SS liners
Paramilitary 2- SS liners + G10 handle scales (mine are custom Al Scales)
Superleaf- SS liners+ G10 Scales
Centofante III- Zytel?/FRN handles
Delica 4 FFG-SS liners + FRN handles
Endura 4 FFG- SS liners + FRN handles

Gayle bradley, comes with m4 and a kickk ass hollow grind. Always sharp and super solid lockup.

I've owned most of the popular Spydies and to me the Caly 3.5 is the ultimate edc.

To me the Caly 3.5 combines the best traits of Spyderco knives and throws them all together to create the perfect knife.

I'm a small knife guy. So I vote Dragonfly.
IMAG0159.jpg

DSC_3405.jpg

Or Lava.
DSC_3308.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

With out a doubt my favorite Spyderco to date is the Caly 3.5 with G10 scales. To me this is the perfect edc when I can carry a 3.5 inch blade some cities I work in have 3 inch limits so I am on the hunt for a knife with a 3 inch blade.

Paramilitary 2 my all-time best perfect size easy to use with one hand and beautiful i own a all black and M390 blue g10

I've owned most of the popular Spydies and to me the Caly 3.5 is the ultimate edc.

To me the Caly 3.5 combines the best traits of Spyderco knives and throws them all together to create the perfect knife.

I agree with the sentiment above but picking a favorite is very hard.

I wish I could get a caly 3.5 in M390 with a different lock, that would be my ultimate

Southard
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3
Techno
Military
Sage 1 or 2
Szabo
Hungarian
Domino

Back