Favorite Spyderco

I'm leaning a bit more towards the domino at the moment. Southard not too far behind.

20131130_150104_HDR.jpg

As for the Domino, Thin wide blade = awesome slicer. A little short, but I've used my Dragonfly's for pretty much everything and rarely felt like I needed more blade. And the handle is Caly3 comfortable IMO. The thing is with the Domino it's comfortable even without using the choil.

Agree to disagree, I guess. The Southard blade is thick, but the hollow grind makes for similar thickness at the edge, so it slices just fine. The Domino's fat, wide handle and blade make it feel huge in the pocket, and then the stubby little edge makes it feel small in the hand, sort of the opposite of my preference, I guess. I haven't sold it, though. I like the funky scale and it flips so well that I pull it out periodically and carry it to give it another try.

I was not a fan of spyderco for I never really enjoyed their designs...
Until u give the PN2 a try.... And since that time it is my favourite EDC

For specific purposes I prefer other knifes, but the PM2 is for me an exceptional folder.
It is mainly due to the design of the blade... It make using the knife very comfortable for many daily usage!!!

Agree to disagree, I guess. The Southard blade is thick, but the hollow grind makes for similar thickness at the edge, so it slices just fine. The Domino's fat, wide handle and blade make it feel huge in the pocket, and then the stubby little edge makes it feel small in the hand, sort of the opposite of my preference, I guess. I haven't sold it, though. I like the funky scale and it flips so well that I pull it out periodically and carry it to give it another try.

I spent an hour on a knife making website last night looking at pocket clips trying to decide what clip to buy so I can use my evil powers as a machinist to make the Southard lefty friendly. I really do want to try the Southard. I think I found a solution. Now I just need my wallet to recover from the Domino, CTS-XHP Native, ZT0700 and the ZT0801 I just bought.

If your in the military you can't go wrong with a PM2. I've carried one through two of my deployments and it will not let you down. I also recommend the Pacific Salt which I carry IWB all the time.

Back