Favorite Spyderco

With out a doubt my favorite Spyderco to date is the Caly 3.5 with G10 scales. To me this is the perfect edc when I can carry a 3.5 inch blade some cities I work in have 3 inch limits so I am on the hunt for a knife with a 3 inch blade.

Have you tried the Caly 3?

I bought an orange dragonfly 2 about a month ago and it hasn't left my pocket since. Perfect size for edc IMO.

I have to say the Swick. I realize that most Spyderjunkies are into folders, but I am more a fixie type of guy...small fixed blades that are easy to EDC, and the Swick fits that bill to a T.

Have been carrying Spydies for a while- first one was a Delica (molded plastic clip) from the early '90's (hated them prior to that- had some guys from my old, brief volunteer firefighter days convince me otherwise). I've retired a bunch. My LONG time EDC was a Wegner. Would still carry it, but replacing it would be almost impossible. Retired a Jess Horn, a Caly, 2 Millies (both need a trip back to Boulder for overhauls), a Salsa (still carry that one sometimes), I've given away a bunch of Delicas/Enduras- (I meet someone who could make good use of it & then gift it.) Lost a couple to general carelessness/sold some (more than I care to think about) in dire financial times. Current EDCs are a Ulize (THANKS Esav!) and a Resilience. It's a big honking cheap & tough beater. I carried it to the beach all summer & went swimming 3 times in one week- had it clipped to my shorts & didn't rinse it. Got some rust spots from the salt & cleaned it up & it's right as rain again. Spend about $40 on a good Spydie beater & lean on it hard & keep the others for when you are wearing a clean shirt. Had probably 30-40 go through my hands & still have some. Most days I leave the house w/ a Spyderco in my pocket.

Looking for a folder, larger is better, but size isn't everything or so I'm told; and I'm not picky about on blade style on this particular purchase. (Looking in the $1-200 price range).

Preorder the S90V Manix2 XL. If you don't like it you can easily sell it or trade it later.

Google S90V Manix2 XL for the dealer.

I buy and sell and trade them almost daily. I've been through hundreds of blades.

The only one that has never left my side...Paramilitary 2.

These 2, although there are 2-3 more that I really like.
2013-09-13164420_zps80bae505.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2013-03-05175442_zpsf601e490.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The military is my number one favorite, southard and domino are tied for a close second.

I have a Paramilitary 2 and I love this blade! It's about the best spyderco you can get for the money $100-$120. If you want a little more blade length then go with the Military.

What I have on me right now:

My other favorites for this week:

And my old school favorites:

I have most of the knives mentioned, but if I could only have one it would be the Gayle Bradley. It is not the fanciest or lightest knife, but it is tough and still slices great because of the 3mm blade thickness and hollow grind. The blade size is the perfect length for me and the knife works as a gentleman's knife and a tough work knife. The fit and finish is great, locks up as solid as could be, it is an all around great knife.

I haven't found a perfect knife yet, but this is one of the closest ones for me. The knife just works great as a an all around, do it all knife.

Back