Favorite Spyderco ?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Para 2. I'm such a rebel. ;)

Seriously though keep an eye out on the exculsives. If you got time, just wait around for a really cool exlcusive/sprint to come out. I would avoid buying an expensive one on eBay or elsewhere. The regular production knives are more than just fine.

If you don't have a tenacious then you should consider it. They have two available on the exclusive page now, the blue and green. I'm real tempted. That darn "buy" button has a strange gravitational pull. Maybe the best price to performance of ANY folder.

Link to exclusive page:

http://www.spyderco.com/exclusives/

I actually prefer my sage 1 to my para2. The biggest thing for me is that the para2 gets in the way when reaching in my pocket for my keys or whatever else I have in there

My all time favorite Spyder is the Military, although the Para 2 is a close second. However, I do have a Superleaf on the way and it may give the Para some competition.

Very excited to have picked up a NIB CF/M390 Military tonight though, at the exchange.....I think this one is going to put all my other Spyders back in their boxes. :D

It's a toss up between the Military series and the Sage series. I think they compliment each other well in terms of size and use but honestly every Spyderco I used I liked.

This one. I just love whoring out pics of it.
Ti-M4Military.jpg

Next week, I'm gonna take apart my M390 Military and put that blade into another Ti Military that's on its way :)

I just got a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 with CTS 20CP steel and it is one of the best I have had from Spyderco! I have put this one in with my edc's. That CTS 20CP really cuts! I give this one a big :thumbup:
THANKS! Kevin

Caly3 CF ZDP-189.

It was gifted to me for my first Father's Day (I have a new baby girl, my wife bought the knife). I own big knives, but this is the one I carry.

Before yesterday I would have said Paramilitary 2 with out a doubt. But since I got the Gayle Bradley yesterday, I am torn now. They are both great for my purposes. The GB left the house with me today and the PM2 went into the knife closet. We will see if the newness wears off but it carries so damned well and is such a good looking knife for being such a capable tool.

It's a tie between my military and ffg endura 4

Gayle Bradley. Its my favourite knife period, not just spyderco. The handle is perfect for me and the blade shape, grind and steel are very useful for a variety of tasks.

Next would be a tie between the sage 1 and the caly 3.5. I carry these knives more than the gb because the weight and wire clips make for better carry in casual pants but the gb is the best overall knife I own (includes some more expensive knives from other manufacturers but I dont own any expensive mid techs or customs yet).

Well, admslc, I don't have a lot new to offer - and there is no one "right" answer here!

Personally, I think you should get a Para2 in one of the premium steel exclusives (they grey 20CP is my favorite). You should also check out the Gayle Bradley - others have said that it is one of the finest folders made, and I would agree. I love the M4 steel, ergonomics, and carbon fiber. Deacon's recommendation of the Stretch is also right on target - especially if you spring for one of the ZDP-189 variants.

My all-time favorite, Spydie, though, is an oldie - the original C19 Terzuola Jr. from 1993. It was my first unadulterated "love" in the Spyderco line and remains my favorite to this day...

TedP

PB013465-sm.jpg

For me, I have to say my favorite is the Smallfly Balisong. I have one is Foliage green, and I love it. It actually has the distinct place of being not only my favorite Spyderco, but also my favorite knife period.

Okay changed favorite again, right now it's the Superleaf. I'm sure it will change in the future but right now it's getting the most pocket time.

hands down, my favorite fixed blade.

032_031.jpg

it's clearly a safe queen :p

spyderco_bushcraft_rough_edge.jpg

I just ordered a Techno, which will be my first Spyderco, so that will be my favorite. ;-)

Back