Favorite Spyderco ?

Currently, I find myself carrying one of 3 different Spydies: Para 2, Millie (S30V or M390) and Gayle Bradley. I honestly do not think I could pick a favorite, but it sure would be one of those three.

For the past couple of weeks it's been the Vallotton. Bigger and heavier than most of my Spyderco knives, it is a joy to use and has found a place in my pocket. It gives me a similar feeling to carrying an old fashioned wheel gun with a 6 inch barrel (which used to be a favorite edc back in the day).

My "favorite" Spyderco blades would probably be the Hawk, which is a truly astounding cutter with a very safe compression lock, or the Michael Walker model, with carbon fiber scales and liner lock (of course!). They're not the Spyderco knives that I carry and use the most, but they're the ones I truly enjoy the most when I do carry and use them. I couldn't say which one I would prefer as my favorite, so they will have to stand together for that accolade. If I didn't have either of them the honor would definitely go to my Citadel 92mm Auto, which is an awesome chunk of steel.

You might not be able to easily find any of these models, but I suggest you try if you want a truly exceptional Spyderco.

Last edited:
endura plain-edge, flat-ground in zdp 189. it's my everything knife (but it rides with a buck 301.)

Out of the many Spydies that I own and love, the Stretch is my favorite. If for some reason I can only have one knife the Stretch is it.

At the moment, :D, my fav is the UK S. As I get older, I have come to realize that I don't really need a pocket tank. A slipjoint folder is all I need. A Spyderco slipjoint of course. With age, comes wisdom. :D

Still stuck on my PPT and Yojimbo 2. :(

It's hard being happy with my two newest Spydercos. I need an excuse to get a few new ones...

Out of Sage 2 and 3, Delica 4 G10/VG10, Chaparral, and Techno, the winner is...

Of course, the NKOTB: The Techno. Great knife - even if I am left-handed.

Still want to get a Sage 1, sooner or later. Was hot to get a Caly 3 once, but wasn't crazy about the CF handles once holding one. Prefer the CF handles on the Sage 1 and Chaparral.

Nice! I just placed and order for a Techno (received my DC today) and am very excited about this little pocket tank!

Out of Sage 2 and 3, Delica 4 G10/VG10, Chaparral, and Techno, the winner is...

Of course, the NKOTB: The Techno. Great knife - even if I am left-handed.

Still want to get a Sage 1, sooner or later. Was hot to get a Caly 3 once, but wasn't crazy about the CF handles once holding one. Prefer the CF handles on the Sage 1 and Chaparral.

You have small and medium. Now you need a large Spydee: Manix Xl :D

My favorite EDC as of now...
2012-03-15_17-19-48_508.jpg

I hope to snag a m390 cf and a Starmate before too long.

Back