1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Fiddlebacks and Food

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Dcaggie06, Feb 12, 2014.

1. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Happy 4th of July !!
    Just sitting down to a Ribeye and some Jasmine rice :) with my new favorite.
    [​IMG]

Jiabla, NoRest, Nbrackett and 3 others like this.
  2. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    lunch time @ the shop
    [​IMG]

post lunch nap time
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  3. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
  4. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    B Griffin, Nbrackett and NoRest like this.
  5. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Just a NewYork steak slow cooked on my Weber smoked with some Hickory,oak and Apple wood chips .
    Topped with my favorite fixed blade to date :)
    [​IMG]

6. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    @TheFactor flung a cravin on me.
    have you every tried reverse searing a steak?

Sunday lunch
    [​IMG]

7. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    @VANCE I never have tried reverse searing but after seeing your lunch plate I’ll be turning my barbecue sideways today :D and adding some veggies to the dish :thumbsup:

B Griffin likes this.
  8. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    Lol
    Im not sure if you are familiar with it or not so ill give a run down for errybody..
    1st thing...you need a good meat thermometer.

-Basically, you start with a low temp like you are smoking somethin ie: 225 to 300 degrees and the meat cook until your desired internal temp

125ish = rare
    130-135 = med rare
    135-145 = medium

*Anything above that just leave it and let it burn..

-Once the internal temp is to your liking remove the meat from the grill.

- Get the grill raging hot. (I let mine get to around 500 degrees or so. Depends on how much beer us left in the can).

- Place the meat back on the grill for a few moments to get the grill marks

*IMHO

B Griffin likes this.
  9. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    @VANCE Thanks for the break down and clarification lol.
    I had it all wrong :D

B Griffin and VANCE like this.
  10. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    and.....a reheated but still tender Prime filet for dinner w/ a side of Cohoota
    [​IMG]

11. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    @VANCE I didn’t have a Thermometer so couldn’t try reverse searing but slow cooked this NewYork for about a hour or so smoking it with some apple , hickory and oak chips . I still think you’d be proud of me :)
    Getting ready to dive in now lol but will definitely pick up a thermometer so I can try your reverse searing in the future :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

12. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    pork tenderloins
    [​IMG]
    im undecided on the cook method.
    grilled or electric skillet.
    I bought the skillet because it's what my mom uses to cook bomb ass pork chops on New Years day and wanted to be able to replicate them "all the time". 3 years later and im thinking about using it for the second time:D

TheFactor, Nbrackett and Khanvoy44 like this.
  13. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

TheFactor, NoRest and VANCE like this.
  14. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    looks good Nathan

TheFactor and Nbrackett like this.
  15. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    update!
    [​IMG]

Nbrackett and NoRest like this.
  16. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Mmm! Looks tasty!

VANCE likes this.
  17. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    I really thought these would end up in the Kamado Joe.

VANCE and Nbrackett like this.
  18. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    i had to make sure this thing still works:D

19. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    final update folks!
    [​IMG]

Nbrackett and NoRest like this.
  20. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Looks delicious.

VANCE likes this.