Fiddlebacks and Food

Last night's dinner on the lanai:

DSC00761_zpsou1rzuif.jpg

These stone crab claws didn't stand a chance:

DSC00767_zpsdweb8etu.jpg

How about Creole mustard rubbed, blackened Caribbean grouper, finished with a lemon-butter basting, yellow rice and garlic green beans sautéed in avocado oil. Damn this was good!!!

That does sound yummy......looks yummy as well !

Do you make your own blackening or did you use a commercial brand ?

Peter, my wife says to go ahead and pack up that little dragon and send it our way. :p
She thinks its cute.

Just so you know, it doesn't speak a word of english. Our fire breathing dragon was acquired during a business trip to Berlin. I managed to smuggle it back in my suitcase without it breaking, along with some vintage beer glasses. Came across it at a local craft fair. Please tell Joanne that she has excellent taste in Dragons !

56638cf8fdd0fb16da215c73afd6f851.jpg

Grilled ham and cheese. Dressed with Sharp cheddar, Tomato, Onion, home made Chipotle Mayo, and home made Cole Slaw on Chiabatta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Still on a low carb diet :-(... but slowly losing weight so there's that.. almost down a pants size

e8ff502fb5778fa628c522722cc75f74.jpg

Still on a low carb diet :-(... but slowly losing weight so there's that.. almost down a pants size

e8ff502fb5778fa628c522722cc75f74.jpg

Grilled Chicken Ceaser? Looks good enough to eat[emoji12]

Grilled Chicken Ceaser? Looks good enough to eat[emoji12]

At work I pretty much have a choice of only pizza, Cajun, Taco Bell or subway.. but the rotisserie chicken at subway is surprisingly solid

At work I pretty much have a choice of only pizza, Cajun, Taco Bell or subway.. but the rotisserie chicken at subway is surprisingly solid

Oh I remember it well when I lived and worked in the city. Including Houston!

7814ccf6f5388a35eacfb19f33167951.jpg

Chilled Soba noodles, steamed asparagus, BBQ chicken slices, soft boiled egg, Asian style coleslaw, and roasted chili miso And of course the BC Karda

Back