Fiddlebacks and Food

VANCE VANCE Am I doing this right?

IMG_20170903_191417_2.jpg

Looks good Wuurwulf. Now tomorrow morning make a bowl of grits and put a warm lump of that right in the middle.

You're making me hungry Wurrwulf! Now I'm gonna have to fire up my smoker tomorrow. :D

Damn those potatoes look good.
thanks!
I par boiled them for about 4mins.
Cut in 1/2
seasoned w/ kosher salt, cracked black pepper & smoked paprika
olive oil in the cast iron
throw on grill until done.

I saw Bobby Flay do it on a show the day before.

I have to say, if the food you guy post pictures of tastes as good as it looks, there are some incredible chefs on this forum. I was recently at a restaurant, and when the waitress brought out our entrees, I was immediately disappointed by how plain the presentation was. It was nothing compared to the pictures you guys have so generously shared.

No food in the picture, but food prep gear. Love the Gaucho and Surls Moray. The Moray has been my go to for a while. Just got the Gaucho, but it has quickly became a favorite as well.

aZbBzjZ.jpg

These are my most used food prep knives. Notice there is a slot opened. It is reserved for a Forge or Surls 8" chef knife, just sayin'.

PP2JGEN.jpg

That looks great, Nbrackett Nbrackett !

Gave the pulled pork another shot, this time bone-in. I think I opened my grill too much during the 6 hour cook because it wasn't nearly as juicy or tender as the boneless Boston Butt I did last time. Flavor was there; just a bit tougher and drier.

IMG_20170917_182310_2.jpg

Maybe the snail cursed me...

IMG_20170917_100020_2.jpg

Back