1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiddlebacks and Food

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Dcaggie06, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Hey, got another for you buddy. From this morning...best shrimp and grits I've ever had. Creamy perfection, with a giant poached egg on top.

[​IMG]

2. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    looks pretty awesome Tony

3. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    missed the knife pic somehow, but this was awesome
    stir fry or fried rice?

used Kylies Padre

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

prom52 and Tutone like this.
  4. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Put the F2 to work this evening. If you don't have an F2, you're missing out on a great little knife. To me it's like a thin blade trapper folder in a fixed blade with a superb handle.

Dinner 7/3/17:

Broiled salmon, shrimp scampi with rice pilaf, garlic sautéed zucchini, crab & shrimp stuffed mushrooms and a side of fresh corn.

https://imgur.com/gallery/4JFxv

TimberlineSpyder and Tutone like this.
  5. TimberlineSpyder

TimberlineSpyder Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2017
    Just posted this in the Photobucket fiasco thread as a test, but thought I'd put it up here where it belongs

"San Bei Ji" or "Three Cup Chicken"

Taiwanese dish, based on pretty much equal parts soy sauce, dark sesame oil & Chinese cooking wine, lots of fresh ginger, finished with Thai basil

With my trusty pro Bushfinger & my beloved Hiking Buddy

[​IMG]

TPVT likes this.
  6. TimberlineSpyder

May 8, 2017
  7. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Birthday dinner! The grape Nehi is the special treat.

[​IMG]

8. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That looks delicious. I'll take a grape or peach Nehi in a glass bottle anytime.

Bmurray likes this.
  9. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    Happy Birthday @Luca917

dinner looks good too

Bmurray likes this.
  10. Tekton

Tekton Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 8, 2015
    IMG_0596.jpg

Bmurray likes this.
  11. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    nice Tek

how was the peach-grapefruit? glaze

12. Tekton

Tekton Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Thanks Phillip. That was a peach/grape drink. It was quite good.

13. Kalsu

Kalsu Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Two pork butts on the Traeger. Using cherry wood.

[​IMG]

I didn't want to throw my Monarch on the grill so here is an out of pocket shot.

[​IMG]

Bmurray likes this.
  14. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Hey Luca, what's is the knife on the side of the plate with the poached eggs? Looks, like a WA surls loveless style hunter.

15. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Prepping for Portobello Stir Fry again![​IMG]

16. TimberlineSpyder

May 8, 2017
    Awesome, love me some pulled pork. That's a sweet looking Monarch, what are the scales?

17. TimberlineSpyder

May 8, 2017
    That looks like the beginning of something great! How do you like the Minimuk for food prep? I'me really excited, I've got a gorgeous Rosewood burl full size Nessmuk that Abe (Scotcha) somehow parted with on the way from Australia. Looking forward to using it for food prep, & really looking forward to hopefully skinning an elk with it this fall

18. Wurrwulf

Dec 3, 2015
    The long belly works great for slicing, but the thickened spine behind the drop of the point creates great control for piercing silver skin/fat caps/plastic wrapping on food packaging. It, to me, acts as a great combination of a chef's knife and a santoku in the kitchen; or a great combination of a clip point and a sheepsfoot blade in pocket knife terms.

I've owned a Minimuk, Stubbymuk, and a Neckmuk. The Minimuk is a great companion in the kitchen, and the Neckmuk is really fun to pocket carry. I sold the Stubbymuk as I preferred the size of the Neckmuk for carry and Minimuk for kitchen. I haven't had the opportunity to try the full size Nessmuk, but I would think the extra length would make it even more handy in the kitchen. If it's 5/32" it may be a little thick for kitchen work, though. It might tend to wedge in things like potatoes/gords.

I'm excited to hear your thoughts once you get to use your Nessmuk!

19. Kalsu

Kalsu Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2010

Thanks! The wood on the Monarch is sapele. It is a great knife. One of my favorites for sure.

20. Wurrwulf

Dec 3, 2015
    Fin. (Complimented with leftover chicken as seen in the "What's for Dinner" thread.)

[​IMG]

(I wish my phone didn't take garbage pictures indoors, I wouldn't have to edit the snot out of them.)

Bmurray likes this.