Fiddlebacks in the Sky - What do you have coming your way?

Happy delicious waiting, ~P!

What would be this perfect combo?

Woohoo! Congrats!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for your blue one ... :)

Thanks, guys!

Heespharm, it's funny-- in many ways, the straightforward Sylvrfalcen heading my way is exactly in my wheelhouse, in its simple appointments and the appearance of its swedging/spalting.

Yet, my still-hoped-fo Sylvrfalcen would be a show(off)piece clad in screamin' blue burl handles like these (or any similar variation thereof), preferably with natural liners and pins and with lime or yellow or any other non-orange liner, really (although the liner is the least of my preferences, should the major things line up at all):

wowza.png~original

SwedgedBushboot20170322-vi.jpg

Sorta like this, in fact!

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-12%20at%207.28.22%20PM.png~original

:eek:

[I had a crack at that one before it was snapped up, but the timing was off, and the proliferation of the yellow space vomit combined with a less-defined swedge(?) held me back. I still wonder if I blew it.... But I think they look funky in the wrong way without a good swedge, vs. funky in all the right ways with 'em.]

Picture any of those bulls-eyes riding clear of a pocket sheath, the visual impact that only gets better as the knife is unsheathed. Ooh, la.

Now that I have a 3/32" 'falcen on the way(!), I'd like TT 1/8" steel on a next one-- for the comparison/complement, but also because the combination of the swedge + tapered tang looks killah when viewed from above, the spine angle. See "show(off)piece," above! :)

That's a LOT to ask or watch for, and even a close combination may never come into being...? The right Blue over a swedged blade would likely do it. Everything else is the stuff of dreams. :)

-- But, back to Now: with the above fancy-pants SF in mind, I realized this incoming ironwood Sylvrfalcen is a great knife for me (especially at Darth Blader's generous pricing-- thanks, Darth Blader!), while a worthy complement to a hoped-for fancy pants version should it ever appear.

IMG_20170319_213448_zpsgkbayi25.jpg

I'm stoked. :cool:

~ P.

2078da9d348f818832865565f4531ce4.jpg

Can someone explain to me why I'm so excited about this nasty old thing? 😊

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I want to check it out as is before cleaning it up. I'm not sure I want to erase all that history.

Thanks, guys!

Heespharm, it's funny-- in many ways, the straightforward Sylvrfalcen heading my way is exactly in my wheelhouse, in its simple appointments and the appearance of its swedging/spalting.

Yet, my still-hoped-fo Sylvrfalcen would be a show(off)piece clad in screamin' blue burl handles like these (or any similar variation thereof), preferably with natural liners and pins and with lime or yellow or any other non-orange liner, really (although the liner is the least of my preferences, should the major things line up at all):

wowza.png~original

SwedgedBushboot20170322-vi.jpg

Sorta like this, in fact!

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-12%20at%207.28.22%20PM.png~original

:eek:

[I had a crack at that one before it was snapped up, but the timing was off, and the proliferation of the yellow space vomit combined with a less-defined swedge(?) held me back. I still wonder if I blew it.... But I think they look funky in the wrong way without a good swedge, vs. funky in all the right ways with 'em.]

Picture any of those bulls-eyes riding clear of a pocket sheath, the visual impact that only gets better as the knife is unsheathed. Ooh, la.

Now that I have a 3/32" 'falcen on the way(!), I'd like TT 1/8" steel on a next one-- for the comparison/complement, but also because the combination of the swedge + tapered tang looks killah when viewed from above, the spine angle. See "show(off)piece," above! :)

That's a LOT to ask or watch for, and even a close combination may never come into being...? The right Blue over a swedged blade would likely do it. Everything else is the stuff of dreams. :)

-- But, back to Now: with the above fancy-pants SF in mind, I realized this incoming ironwood Sylvrfalcen is a great knife for me (especially at Darth Blader's generous pricing-- thanks, Darth Blader!), while a worthy complement to a hoped-for fancy pants version should it ever appear.

~ P.
You're welcome! I'm very happy to see it go to a good home! It's a beauty.

... in many ways, the straightforward Sylvrfalcen heading my way is exactly in my wheelhouse, in its simple appointments and the appearance of its swedging/spalting.

You're welcome! I'm very happy to see it go to a good home! It's a beauty.

That, it is!

IMG_5349.jpg~original

wub.gif~original

~ P.

As for me, today, I'm the one in the sky, or I'm about to be. I picked up my first FF via the flea market – Bmurray's DP Renegade; well, now mine. Delivery was confirmed yesterday, and I should land in a few hours. First thing I'll do is kiss my wife and kids goodnight. Then I'm headed straight to the cave w/ my new blade.

KE Bushie on the way from TKC!!

e9b9e79743d721581b3514c8f8e0b53f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice! i got one coming too! i've had my eye on a KE Bushie for a while now. i can't wait to check it out. cheers! :thumbup:

My first bushboot, first swedged, and first camelthorn all in one on the way to me this week thanks to Abe hooking a brotha' up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first bushboot, first swedged, and first camelthorn all in one on the way to me this week thanks to Abe hooking a brotha' up!

Abe is good like that!

The trifecta of first. That could be my grail Bushboot and even though its probably never leaving TX please let me know if you ever want to part with it.

Back