[FIRST LOOK] ZT 0566 (or, so you wanted a smaller 0560?)

Understandably I am going to have to spread my purchases out so my bank account can recover some in between. So my dilemma is deciding what one to go after first out of the new line up.

I have a 0550 and a 0561. I would have liked to see the same traction plan as the 560 in the 0566. This is like a cross between the Cryo and the 0550, but with great blade steel. Not my cup 'o' tea, though. I'll buy the Cryo2 instead whenever it comes out. There's my 2 cents.

Let's just hope it was a detent so we can take out the torsion bar

Steel130 already said it. It has been confirmed by our spys that this will be de-assistable. Will have a detent hole so you are ready for go!

I have a 0550 and a 0561. I would have liked to see the same traction plan as the 560 in the 0566. This is like a cross between the Cryo and the 0550, but with great blade steel. Not my cup 'o' tea, though. I'll buy the Cryo2 instead whenever it comes out. There's my 2 cents.

Think of this as what the 0350 is to the 030x's. Pretty different than a cryo 2.

Nice work kneedeep! That pic puts it in good perspective!

Think of this as what the 0350 is to the 030x's. Pretty different than a cryo

I woudn't purchase the 350 either. Again, not my cup 'o' tea. The Cryo2, as a hard user, fits the bill for me, more than the 350 or the 566. Then again... I may just break down and buy 'em all. The pricewe pay for being knife geeks!
Cheers,
Jeremy

I think I've clicked on this thread probably 20 times just to see those pics. I'm already in love with this knife. I needs it!

The lack of titanium really disappoints me, with titanium this knife would be perfect imo.

it would also be at least $75 more expensive. The purpose of this knife is to put an affordable 056x with excellent steel in as many hands as possible, and to provide the smaller version everyone has asked for. If you want Ti, go get a 056x or a 055x

it would also be at least $75 more expensive. The purpose of this knife is to put an affordable 056x with excellent steel in as many hands as possible, and to provide the smaller version everyone has asked for. If you want Ti, go get a 056x or a 055x

This:thumbup: I am really happy to see ZT using Elmax in more and more knives. Such a great steel.

Good point I suppose, I love the 056x line but have pretty small hands, I can live with the steel, plus I need to be in the business of saving money anyway :rolleyes:

Like many of us I wished it was Ti but not the end of the world. I just hope the steel is milled out to help with weight all the steel frame locks I own are heavy. That being said I will def own one!

I'm excited to see a steel frame lock like this, something different. I am happy its a frame lock vs a liner lock!

I'm excited to see a steel frame lock like this, something different. I am happy its a frame lock vs a liner lock!

Same here, glad to see a frame lock...liner lock would have been meh. Nice to see a smaller option, love the 560...but it is a little big for EDC (for me). I also see a lot of options for aftermarket g10, lots of possibilities with this knife. I see this being a great 'user'. Nice job ZT!

Back