Fishing rods...huh?

Another negative toward braid is you lose alot of feel when your line isn't tight..flouro still transmits hits on slack line

Ahhh....ok
Well, I just ordered a tatula ct, man, my wife is going to kill me...what's your number so I can give it to her when she asks.....hahaha

Got the rod in today to, holy crap that thing is nice, wieght is right at 3.9oz.
I'll get pics up once I get the reel on.
Btw, I also ordered some sunline sx1 16lb hi-vis yellow for the reel as well, read a lot of good thing about it. Just a little worried about the 16 lb rating and skippin under docks

Last edited:
Got the met mgl in today....holy freaking moly is all I can say. I don't even know where to start.
Really, the best way I know how to explain it is with a car analogy. The zillion sv tw is like a Nissan gtr. Growling power and advancement with reliability. The met mgl is like a Ferrari LA Ferrare mixed with a Rolls Royce. SUPER refined, a work of art, super fast and super tuned in every way. It is that good. I thought the sv tw was nice, which it is but the met to me is in a hole league by it self.

I have actually had to relearn how to cast with it because the bait just rockets off the reel. I find my self over casting because what my brain has mentally calibrated as a normal flight time the reel is about 5 or 10 feet futher than where I am at in my head if that makes sence.
It is also a little hard to tell because the rod is different from the XX the sv tw is on but I am trying to just focus on the reels at a super in tune state with my mind. The hole rod and reel setup only wieghts about 10 ounces and is almost like you are holding nothing in your hand. Retrieve is buttery smooth.
I have sunline sx1 16lb braid with a 12lb fluro leader on it. I just kept on murmuring to myself while I was fishing it" unbelievable, just unbelievable"
Casting: It launches a wacky worm a ways, don't have enough room to really tell how far it can cast them, but it does cast the same wacky setup further with less effort than the sv tw.

The tatula ct I got is also a really nice reel as well. It was replacing a 10 year old quantum tour pt, so the difference is night and day. Cast awesome and is really smooth as well. Now for pics

20160531_181052_zpsh522ozto.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160531_181044_zpse74i8q7f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160531_181029_zpsrcwzhoek.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lookin good! Are you casting the sv and the met side by side or did you take the sv and try it and then the met and try it on the same rod same line? Sounds like you have yourself quite the line up now. I like the color of the new tatula and the tatula type r. Kinda wish they would of made the zillion black too. Do you like the sensitivity of the adrena? I always wished there was just a little more to make it one of the best under 400

The rod seem more "lively" to me vs the xx, and I could feel the worm hitting underwater veg as it was free falling. I'd say that is pretty sensitive

Btw, the color on the met is a little different than I thought. It has the tiniest hint of silver metal flake in the paint job
20160531_211505_zpslootm24r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Sounds like you have taken a step to the darkside of fishing and now you will never go back lol

Yes and no. I think for my plastics bottom contact rigs, they need to be really good but for the rest a tatula ct and omen black 2 will fit the bill perfectly
It's funny, I was telling my wife a fear of mine came true. I was afraid if I tested the expensive outfits I would like it to much and be hooked...Pun intended...lol

I kinda been following with not much to add....Man that MGL is sweet, the paint looks like liquid metal. Nice setups Nick. To digress I been seeing some great reviews of the Casitas, while it is graphite frame, they say it casts and breaks better than the curado I. JDM they come with an MGL spool too...Basically it has the guts of a Chronarch C4i if you look at the schematics, very similar to the Mets as well being 150 size. The Met HG 96 mm handle will fit as well as a C4i clutch bar. I might pick one up in the late summer/fall for jerkbaits. I pick it over the Tatula personally for looks and shimano refinement. F#$% TWS lol

Thanks man,
You know the funny thing is, I have been thinking about that tws and I really can't find any benefit of it over the met. To ME, I don't think the tws works like advertised. May be just marketing hype. Not knocking diawa, I LOVE mine but I can't see any difference from the tws to shimano's tiny little line guide

To all but the most hardcore guys you won't see much difference if any at all. Where the tws and sv shine is light weights and minimal backlash or overruns. The ease of flinging that neko rig and any other tiny bait with a simple flick of wrist. The metanium has an acorn line guide. It's larger on the spool end to allow pretty much the same idea gerneally as the twing but smaller.

Nick have you noticed how fast your bait gets from point a to point b with the zillion? It's pretty crazy but it should indeed get there faster. As for easier well that's a personal question lol. Either reel will be great with whatever you are planning to use it for but to me I'm going to stick with less spool weight and less of a line angle coming off the spool in both casting and while fighting a fish. But then again it's all personal preference. Enjoy what you got and get more to compare lol

Did a little test tonight with casting pitching both.
The zillion had a 1/2 oz jig
Met mgl had 3/8 oz wacky
The met could cast the wacky about 120 ft(probably could get 150 ft with no wind)and I could pitch it between 50ft and 75 ft

The zillion could pitch probably about the same (granted a very diff. Setup)
And not sure about casting,(haven't had a chance to max out casting distance) but I would estimate about 150 to 180ft

Now, having said that I have cast a wacky on both rod and reel setups and the met and posion can cast it significantly futher than I could with the zillion and xx (again, totally different powers and actions)

Honestly, the met seems to me to rocket the bait off faster than the zillion. But I definitely like the adjustability of the diawa's brakes better for skipping and such

Last edited:
But the tats had a horrible angle, it would groove the frame and braid would groove they line guide....then look at the T3 with the hood that breaks/gets stuck pretty easy from reading TT posts. It also had grooving problems from bad angle. It's all relative.

IMO so long you got a solid platform you can make a reel as good if not better than a zillion or met with changes to the bearings and maybe a spool. I hear the sv spool does live up to the hype but the braking has to get some credit. And I've heard the sv spool can be quite delicate, need to baby like a honeycomb.....I'm not bashing daiwa because Shimano has its misses too, the G series the I's stupid shape and brake drum oiling, I hear the mets are a little long. Honestly both manufacturers better reels are behind them. Bring back the 50e and TD zillions PLEASE lol

Two questions for you guys.

Any one use sunline deifer armilo? Thinking about plunking the cash for the most sensitive mono lol

Any what do y'all think about the new jdm Abu reels? Suppose to be lighter and smaller than the alde. Word is new revos drop at icast.

Pretty interesting results nick. Sounds like the met is got it goin on!
Mcs, I haven't read up too much on the abus much but if lighter what is you want and it's supposed be lighter than the debby then it sounds like a winner. I don't know why but I have a hunch that loomis is going to take the poison Ultima pedigree and drop it into a newer better nrx at icast as well ...Let's hope lol

Back