Fishing rods...huh?

I would say the biggest difference is the balance and wieght of it. I had to counter wieght my other rods but this one is the lightest and best balanced one I have now

I also believe the reel is about the only reason I can throw a wacky worm, the rod barely loads at all with it but some how casting is still pretty manageable . That sv tw REALLY helps with the lighter stuff.
The wacky worm setup I am throwing is at .45oz, so that is just a hair over the 3/8oz threshold of the rod

Last edited:
Even though I said I don't think they are worth it, that was mostly from a monetary stand point, 300 bones is a LOT to me for a rod but the build quality and performance of it IS worth it. I would love to try the emtf maybe one day

You guys all need to gI've a megabass a try! The x7 has the wrap all the way to tip btw...don't know if you guys knew that

Huh...intresting. I notice that wrap is only in the back bone section. Wonder how that affects the rod action or sensitivity

Ha..ha..ha.....I am starting a donation immediately preceding this post...all is welcome...lol

Have you guys ever tried the Lavante series specifically the 7 foot Shakey Head spinning model? I am wondering if they are good at the 200 price point or if I should just go with another Avid or a Zodias. This would pair with a 3000 Stradic FK.

I have had the levante emtf. It was really a nice rod. I never used the spinning because I hate spinners but am looking at the stinger shot just so I have a spinner

I blame megabassx7, but I have already decided on my next combo. Either a MB EMTF and a metanium, a met dc and a levante emtf, or a met mgl xg with a posion adrena . I finally got to handle a met in the store and holy crap it was smooth and tight. I would say a bit more so than my sv tw zillion. I NEED one bad, thanks megabassx7 for ruining me...lol

Last edited:
I am about to pull the cord on a posion adrena, the rod will primarily be used for wacky worm, what rod length and action do yall think will be the best for that. I am thinking the 6'10" med action might be best. I believe it is rated for 1/4-3/4oz and the rig I use is at about 3\8 to 7/16 oz

Well, I just order the 6'10" mh poison adrena. Now just have to wait on the funds for the 2016 met mgl... :-(

Just got your message nick. Sorry I figured this thread was dead lol. The metanium are super smooth. I had one on a bearing down type x and put hedgehog air bearings in it. You will like the PA but in afraid I checked the site too late. For a wacky rig and light Texas rigs I'd deff go with the medium but then again it's just me. If you have alot of cover you fish or heavy weeds then mh will be better suited for your needs. Regardless of either the sv tws or the metanium you will have no issues casting it either way. I tend to lean toward the mag brakes(daiwa) over centri breaks like the shimano because I like my spools to basically free spool the entire cast. If I absolutely need to I'll turn the mags to maybe a 1/4 the way up on windy days. Throw the zillion on the pa and try your wacky rigs with that set up. If you feel it's not loading up well you can always return the rod and exchange. I'll keep checking back here now I know I got ya hooked!! :D

That is the main reason I got the mh, 95% of what I fish is some kind of heavy cover. Just figured I would post here Instead of staring a new thread
Considering I could skip under docks with the wacky worm on the perfect pitch with no problem I don't think I will have a problem with the poison Adrena.
Huh...now you got me thinking, I do LOVE the adjustable mag brake ability of the diawa, hmm..but I think the new Mets have a adjustable dial as well though

Just courious how accurate you think this is
http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fi..._11_2015/post-52370-0-59234400-1447967625.png
It's saying braid with a fluro leader is the best for wacky worm, just seems kinda odd to me
Btw, just ordered the met mgl xg

Last edited:
That is the main reason I got the mh, 95% of what I fish is some kind of heavy cover. Just figured I would post here Instead of staring a new thread
Considering I could skip under docks with the wacky worm on the perfect pitch with no problem I don't think I will have a problem with the poison Adrena.
Huh...now you got me thinking, I do LOVE the adjustable mag brake ability of the diawa, hmm..but I think the new Mets have a adjustable dial as well though

Just courious how accurate you think this is
http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fi..._11_2015/post-52370-0-59234400-1447967625.png
It's saying braid with a fluro leader is the best for wacky worm, just seems kinda odd to me
Btw, just ordered the met mgl xg

I use braid with a leader for all my fishing. Once you get used to braid adjusting to stretch again is so hard.

I want to hear what ya think of the new met. I haven't fished one yet. Braid with a leader on your wacky rig is so the fish doesn't see your line going right into the worm and so the line floats and is less abrasive than mono. I use either flouro or mono anymore. Braid and the whole no stetch is just to hard on things in my opinion. Maybe ifflipped alot of heavy cover I'd use braid but for what I do its a little overkill

I always use braid to fluro for any plastic with a fg knot.
Yea, I know what you mean about braid to fluro, seems less sensitive. But I was just wondering cause I was thinking it would be all fluro for the wacky as the bass have more te to look over your Lure and presentation

I'm still undecided as to if a bass can actually see your line or not...why would they eat a lure with a plastic bill and 3 metal hooks hanging from it lol? I do see how it could possibly make a difference too but I'd be more worried about that if I was in uber clear water

Back