Flea market finds

Nice to see some activity in this thread. I had kind of given up on it.
I'll get a better picture of these I found yesterday.
Utica regular jack, HSB EO, Kent (economy Camillus) stockmanoid.
5a7022X.jpg

This is a little better, I think.
XSIDFtO.jpg

I'm afraid these all got a pretty cursory inspection: likely-looking, nicely priced, it has blades. I was home before I realized that there was 1/8" missing on one handle of the HSB.
Pu4B1D8.jpg

Then I couldn't find my tackle-box full of drawing supplies, so I held a putty-knife above a beeswax candle and mixed the epoxy on that. The remaining hollow isn't as big as it looks; the epoxy is shiny there. JB weld would have been a close color match, but it would have been slower to set, and my dams had a hard time holding as it was.
The Utica has fine cracks around the pins that I superglued. The Kent is fine, maybe because it had less to shrink, being thinner and narrower, or maybe they are shrinky-dinks of different rigidities.

At 30% off $38 for the three, I'm not complaining,though.

Last edited:
I had been wanting to post this knife I found at the monthly flea market I regular. Nice little bowie with wood handle. Some of the spacers need to be replaced, so it is a bit of a project knife, but the blade is in great shape. Rounded spine with a thin grind. I do not know much about Keyston Bro's knives, other than its German made as seen on the back side. Any info would be appreciated. The blade shape and interesting handle shape drew me in, and I have worked on these threaded tang compression handles before, so I figured I could clean it up some.

PL5BED6.jpg

b4MYwsk.jpg

I had been wanting to post this knife I found at the monthly flea market I regular. Nice little bowie with wood handle. Some of the spacers need to be replaced, so it is a bit of a project knife, but the blade is in great shape. Rounded spine with a thin grind. I do not know much about Keyston Bro's knives, other than its German made as seen on the back side. Any info would be appreciated. The blade shape and interesting handle shape drew me in, and I have worked on these threaded tang compression handles before, so I figured I could clean it up some.

PL5BED6.jpg

b4MYwsk.jpg
Keyston Brothers might be the retailer instead of the maker.--KV

Saturday I picked up this Wusthof manufactured 5" boning knife for 69¢ at Goodwill , it's in great shape overall and I just couldn't pass it up for the price.
Not sure on the age, but the company who contracted it started in '96.

There was no information to be read online, but my weak Google Fu and a bit of forum suggestion eventually turned up a couple Wusthof marked examples.
I also saw an example produced for Hoffritz.

I added a sharpening notch then took it to the stones, now it cuts really well and will be a real welcomed additional to my growing arsenal of kitchen cutlery.

I found a Schrade USA Old Timer 340T and a Western Cutlery stockman at different antique stores in Wichita Falls, Tx. I was hoping to find an Old Timer Minuteman like my grandfather's, and I was surprised at how close I got. IMG_0113.jpgThe 340T is interesting because it has "Cook Drilling Co." stamped into the scale.IMG_0115.jpg The Western Cutlery knife has much better walk and talk than the Old Timer, and I wish there was more width left on the clip blade because I would seriously consider it as an EDC knife. As it is, the edge is very thick and rounded and at my level of sharpening ability, I would remove too much material trying to reprofile it. The sheepsfoot blade's edge is gleaming because my college roommate put a nice edge on it with his water stones.IMG_0114.jpg

Last edited:
Some more from last weekend, OK I know they are nothing special but nice all the same.

ICu1gUw.jpg

Qy1GBWn.jpg

Left to right-
-Richards Sheffield England fishing knife?
-Hugo Hoppe Solingen stainless with slide & fold sprung corkscrew.
-Richards silver jubilee, with a spring problem I need to look at........
-Richards carbon penknife.
-Stainless penknife.
-Foreign stainless keyring.
-2 small Richards.

Back