flea market finds

Nice find Sean. I still have all of my Golden Series from grade school.

Jeff

Picked up a Utica TL-29 today at an estate sale for $3, and some things seem unusual to me.

Both the main blade and screwdriver blade have punch marks in them near the handle.

Utica stamp.

TL-29 stamped into the wood handle.

I`ve never come across one like this, and was wondering if it was something unusual.

nice looking TL-29, been a while since I was looking at them but I think it's rosewood, fairly old, I'll look up m notes on 'em to be sure

no idea on the punch marks, though

pretty neat find, john

my new favorite edc
SHARP MODEL 175
KMART 1970'S 1980'S
GENTLEMANS Barlow?
Japan, Kai maybe?
I just like it.
3-1/4 long , 3/8 " thin
Brass liners
brass pins
Unknown wood scales
sharpened up very nice
$5
2003_0101shimano0006.jpg

Nice pickup!

I went to the local flea market this past Sunday morning.

I didn't get any fleas, luckily, but from the looks of the piles of crap merchandise and some of the people there it was a genuine concern....

I picked up a Vic classic, a chinese swiss army knockoff and a japan made GE advertising gentlemans knife - the guy wanted $1.50 for all of them.

Nothing too exciting.

There were a few people selling newer Case traditionals, but they wanted more for them than you can buy them new in many cases.

I don't even mess around when they say something like that.

best

mqqn

I don't even look at old case knives because of the ridiculous prices people are asking for them anymore.:rolleyes:

Picked up these nice little US made calipers for a few bucks.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417729713.412597.jpg

Jeff

Jeff, i find that most of the young guys have no clue how to read a caliper that doesn't have a dial

On our trip to Crown Point the other day I found this, a Buck Workman for $8. Since I love Buck knives, it followed me home.

Another nice find, John!

best

mqqn

Any ideas what type of implement this may be? Best guest so far is a farrier's tool or something used for working with tires or wheels.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419440034.820805.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419440049.237830.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419440063.455000.jpg

Jeff

Hit the jackpot today! Connie and I went to Watseka to see a couple of small shops. In the one store (kind of a gift / resale shop) we found the mother lode of "used" knives. Picked up a Swiss Buck large model with saw for $6, a Case 63033 for $7, and a Schrade 897UH for $7. They had 3 of the 897`s and at least 8 Old Timers. The lady said she bought them from an old hardware store going out of business. I will get pictures up soon.

Back