For those with Bryan Breedon Knives

Bryan -

Wow, love the looks of the palm handled one above. Can you show any more pics of it, maybe a little larger?

Clarification: my previous reply "with my pleasure" was referring to Bryan's request "...But when it get done I am sure the
new owner of that blade will post in this thread
".

I've got a custom on order with Bryan and this thread is not helping with the "waiting period" or my drooling....:D

My current bevy of Breedens. Favorite? Tough choice but probably the kephart. Great knife and sheath too. The big one is awesome with its 3/16 01 steel, 7 inch blade and heavy duty sheath. And then there's the Halloween knife........

IMG_2411_zpsefa31833.jpg

IMG_2410_zps617d7783.jpg

IMG_2413_zps4d6f88ec.jpg

Hi all, Thanks for the kind words. Yea I will get some more pics of the knife with the black palm handle scales.
I will try to do that on sunday.

chat with you all later,

Bryan

Hi all, Thanks for the kind words. Yea I will get some more pics of the knife with the black palm handle scales.
I will try to do that on sunday.

chat with you all later,

Bryan

So when are you coming out to Arizona to go camping? Or do I need to come to Nebraska?

LG&M, I have to thank you for introducing to me the Tessa.
I have, also, to thank Bryan for his willingness to understand what I have in my mind.
Hope you find the disign as useful as I do. I am looking forward to the smaller RTAK design.

The so called "smaller RTAK design" is very attractive to me also.
I have the opinion that Bryan has to "name" that design (to give its/her own name).
Anyway, where the name "Tessa" is coming from ?

Hi all,

Tony, If I ever get the time and the money to travel your way, I will let you know:D

Name for the knife. B-TACT. Short for Breeden's- Tactical Awesome Cutting Tool :D

Unless someone else has a better name lol lol.

Bryan

Pics of my new "cleaver"- I think Dr Bill is to credit for this design. 10" blade 1/4" thick and shaving sharp. This one was a lucky grab. I admit to not being a heavy knife chopping guy so I am working on technique and getting past my hesitation to swing a heavy straight razor this hard !! Just looking for the deflection that puts it into a knee. I was really shocked and happy with how well this thing chopped! I hit everything from dead and live Locust, live Poplar and small and really big thorn tree. Not sure of the species but these have very strong thorns- my wife stepped on a branch and thorn penetrated her tennis shoe sole and stabbed into her foot.
I compared the cleaver to my GB 19" on the Poplar and it was really close- I did not count swing but seemed about even to me. To be fair, I grippped the axe at about same distance from the sweet spot on the cleaver and the stub was giving a bit more with the tree gone. If it had been a complete equal size Poplar and I gripped the axe where one normally would- maybe slight advantage to the axe. Still very impressive to this axe guy!
Chest carry with shock cord, keeps it out of the way when dragging brush:
090_zps613d92f8.jpg

Big thorn tree- cut off piece fell vertical beside stump
088_zps0424bfa3.jpg

Live locust- 5 hits
087_zps379e62b9.jpg

Poplar 12 hits
086_zps13c1e1b1.jpg

not sure species of thorn three hits... I was a bit timid
085_zps2b29d9a1.jpg

Size on that one-
084_zpse772afe3.jpg

Here comes the Boom!! LOL
083_zpsb7237c84.jpg

don't be too concerned about the carnage- my church bought this lot and wanted a nice path cleared for members to walk while visiting the land. We hope to have our own church building one day. We meet now in a tiny commercial office building. Makes for a close congregation :)

Bill

That knife is a beast! Very nice. I am not a" big" knife guy and I kind of want one. Good job on the trees locust is hard stuff. Don't worry about the carnage your doing Gods work:D
huntter55, Tessa is a name I always liked. Almost named my daughter Tessa. Just thought it was more personal then "Super cutter 007" or something.
Keep the pictures coming all.

That cleaver is a wicked chopper. Keep on a trail clearing with that Cleaver. Love the pics.
Too bad your wife stepped on a thorn.

A couple more pics of the B-TACT.
IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1291-1.jpg

1. LGM, thanks for the information as far as the Tessa is concerned.
2. As far as the name of the new knife, I cannot fully agree with the name "B-TACT", becouse according to dictionaries: TACT (or simply: tact) = Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak or act without offending, AS WELL AS = (Archaic) The sense of touch.
The name, according to my opinion, has to 1. characterize the maker, 2. indicate the design, 3. indicate the length of the blade. So: B-C7 (from "Bryan-Cutter 7 inch"), maybe.... Note: please mention B-C7, and not B.C. (coming from "before Christ").

Bryan, I'd like to see your version of the Canadian Belt Knife. Have you ever made one?

Gruntmedik, The top knife in this pic is as close to it as I have come to it. That knife is called the pathfinder.
That is as close to what I have done with it.
IMG_1115.jpg

I do have a order comming up for a fellow that wants a Canadian belt knife. Pretty much a excact copy
of it, but with my the way I finish my handles.

Thanks for the question and I hope that anwers your question.

Bryan

Back