1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Force Mutiplier V8 has arrived !

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by T.A.C., Jun 8, 2018.

1. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    That pic with the Gerber is outstanding! Well done!

DaKruiser likes this.
  2. Morgo

Morgo

Sep 14, 2013
    Was blade a surprise show with little notice?

3. Munroc

Munroc

Sep 20, 2017
    I'm happy to wait if it means these blades arrive razor sharp!

4. Adian

Adian Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2013
    No, but they shut everything down for a week before they all left to go down and dings and all started just before that. I just figure that had a little to do with some of the delays in them going out.

I haven’t even been dinged for for my Nuke but I’m not in a rush

5. Thorz113

Thorz113

Apr 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

Amazing blade!!! Compared with AK47, Battle Mistress, Park Ranger, and Mini Mean Street. It is perfect.

azwelke, Apocalyps, HST and 6 others like this.
  6. Crosier

Crosier Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Thanks for this comparison pic! Nice range on view.

7. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Hilarious that's worth quoting right there LOLOLO!!!

With as many regular ones yet to be delivered I see the nukes bringing up the caboose for the grand finally.... no matter how long it is, it won't be as long as the HOGB8, not even close so just a short sweat~ but yeah man, they all looks so freaking awesome I get happier and happier I jumped on one.

8. brainchill

brainchill Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Alright, now where do we go to find a sheath for this thing?

9. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Apparently cricketdave has the sheath thing figured out. Trouble is, he’s just doing them for himself.

If I could find a good source for heavy leather, I do believe I’d take to doing my own. Even though we’ve got some fabulous leather workers here in the forums, I think I’d like it as a hobby.

10. Thorz113

Thorz113

Apr 24, 2014
    How heavy a leather are you talking? o_O

I haven't owned many double sided blades and those sheaths where kydex, wasn't sure if a leather with either a kydex insert or maybe only kydex in problem points (where tip of sheath is and on either side where you insert) to avoid cutting the leather a bit at a time every time you draw and re-sheath. I'm sure you can reduce the wear very much with a careful draw and insert but only so much.

Looking forward to the elegant solutions the sheath makers come up with! :D:D:D

11. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
    Tandy has decent leather sometimes. I'm thinking about doing a loveless style sheath for mine. I didn't make this sheath just using it as an example. It's my knife though. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  12. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    I get to go by the post office today to hopefully pick up my loaner!!!

Cant wait to handle this beast and get it into my shop! I feel like that evil scientist giggling over his project!!!!!

I do a variation on a lined sheath, a flat slab of kydex sandwiched inside the sheath, no plastic touches the blade. I'm not sure if this knife will require such methods yet, but it just might. :D

Hard Knocks likes this.
  13. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
    Got mine in Maroon micarta
    [​IMG]
    With my edc BT6. Comes in at 14.72oz. Point of balance is right at the busse logo.
    [​IMG]

azwelke, Apocalyps, Crosier and 4 others like this.
  14. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    DADGUMMIT ... all these CF FMV8 pics aren't helping my ASD*!!!

*Awaiting Shipment Disorder

15. cricketdave

cricketdave Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I usually buy my leather at tandy, it helps thought to be close enough to actually pick what i want in person. As for the double edge a thick welt takes pretty good care of that. Its not like daggers haven't been made for centuries. I've planned to do a kydex sheath too when I get around to it.

dogboye likes this.
  16. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I ordered a sheath from BuyBrown (@David Brown). Can't wait to see what Dave comes up with! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

17. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Just got shipping notice for mine!

jliang78 and PeteyTwoPointOne like this.
  18. TENTEX

TENTEX Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2017
    Red/Black G-10 must be the last ones out.

19. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Nope, I believe that mighta been one of the early ones posted up....post #80

20. TENTEX

TENTEX Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2017
    Ah went back and logged in I went with Maroon Canvas.