Forging: Can I Play With Madness!

Anyone care to guess what just caused this to come out of my mouth on my way to the grinder bucket??

"Hoo Ha, Hoo Haa, Hoo Haa HAAAAA HAH!!!!!!"

Oh I wish I would have been recording that!

What are these gloves you speak of?

May have to wear them from now on, at least the smell of the glove burning would give me a heads up!

On the bright side I forged out the abomination and left a LOT of thickness all around. I've been trying to forge to close to shape and probably need to slow down a bit.

Some telltale signs of bad forging like the slight mushrooming at the ricasso says it wasn't hot enough. We'll see what we can do with that. This might be the abomination combination, which we're gonna need to name better. Let's call it AC until then.
20180928_145240-01.jpeg

Some telltale signs of bad forging like the slight mushrooming at the ricasso says it wasn't hot enough. We'll see what we can do with that. This might be the abomination combination, which we're gonna need to name better. Let's call it AC until then.
View attachment 994137
What's the saying, "forge thick, grind thin". :cool::thumbsup:
AC is coming along!

Frankenblade?

Nitzan is great, he talked me out of a Dogs head for now, when I asked him about control and the forward weight, his explanation started with... "Ok, now shut up and listen, control is here (pointing at his temple) to here (pointing at his hand)....". That, I can appreciate. Between that and a conversation on anvil height and placement, I learned a lot.

Never tried nails, I need to make a header for that.

Mack, that plane is so stealthy I didn't even know that I was making a reference!:D

Back