Forum Name?

I just changed my forum name from Apophis to inkynate.

I was never crazy about the old name, pretty random, decided to go Gold and start with something new while I was at it.

I'm Nate, in Kentucky, so: inkynate.

Cheers all! 🍻

I have been a polymer chemist since 1983. Polymer = resin ...

somehow ... along the way ... I got old. Huh. How did that happen ...?

not old ... older. only 59. not old yet....

How do you change it?

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...berships-FAQ-s-amp-More?p=4846488#post4846488

How to get your Username Changed
If you want your username changed, you need to do the following:

1. Click on this link: Pay with Paypal | Pay with credit card

2. Place your order for a username change ($10).

3. Post a thread here with the Change Username thread prefix, and title (Old username) to (new username). In that thread, put your order number, and what you'd like your username changed to. If you do not do so, your name will not be changed and we will assume that someone else is trying to hack your account.
Example: Change Username - Spark to SuperSpark

3A. IF YOU ARE SMART, YOU WILL SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR THREAD SO YOU ARE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL WHEN I POST A RESPONSE SHOWING YOUR NAME HAS BEEN CHANGED.

4. Wait patiently. Name changes will typically happen within 48-72 hours.
Kevin Jon Schlossberg | Owner, BladeForums.com (Deal with it, reddit)
Site FAQ | How to get your Username changed

The PayPal/credit card link mentioned in the quote is hyperlinked in the actual post I linked to above the quoted post. :)

I originally logged on as Phineas J. Whoopie. I emailed someone and changed it because someone on another site decided I was JohnTheTexican. Back then, there was no change for the name change. I expect I'll be paying the ten bucks to change it back.

Hopefully mine will be changed soon to dogboye. Just did the pmt. today.

Obviously I'm big into dogs, and since there was already a dogboy (with only two posts, from like 1999… wtf?), I added my middle initial to the end.

Mine is a name that that came up when it was time to name each of our 3 boys. However, it never made the cut. It wasn't intended to be a reference to the Commander from Next Generation. I think his is spelled with an "i" anyway.

My name is Chris, so I used 3 Cs because I, too, have no imagination. I use Ccc or Ccc3 on all the forums I follow (watches, flashlights, bikes) so I just keep it going.

oz = because "I come from a land down under"

gooner = slang term for fans of English soccer team Arsenal, whose nickname is the Gunners (founded by workers at the Woolwich Arsenal munitions factory in 1886) but is pronounced more like the slang in some parts of London

My early days on the net were spent as an ex-pat Englishman and Arsenal fan following the team in IRC chat rooms at all sorts of ungodly hours of the morning (long before pay/cable TV brought games to our living rooms) and my handle there was ozgooner so it kind of just translated over. These days this is about the only place I use this one, but I can't be bothered stumping up the $10 to change it. Would rather put the money towards a new Busse :)

ozgooner.jpg

Last edited:
One thing that metallic cartridge reloading taught me many years ago and has always impressed me was how the extreme simplicity and efficiency of straightwalled cartridge design enabled these rounds to move large diameter projectiles with tremendous amounts of energy comparatively to bottlenecked cartridges with similar powder charges. Several of my favourite cartridges are "straightwalls".

My real name is Zoltar Allouicius Fromby, but that sounds stupid on an online forum. So, I went with khukoo head since my knife obsession started with khukuris, and I am sort of "khukoo" in the cabeça.

Last edited:
My last name is moon.

DM001-2.jpg

best

mqqn

Mine is simple. Its my initials from when I got my email set up when I worked for Ford Motor Company Engineering. I guess there were 18 Ladams to come before me. So I have used this email name since the 90s for all my emails. I don't even recall what my email was before then.

Back