1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Forum Name?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by gatorzingo, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Waxingmoon

Waxingmoon

Jun 18, 2016
    It was a waxing moon when I decided to give knife making an honest go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan

Feb 11, 2015
    Theres a Mtn/forest about 20 Min from my place, back than i had a jeep and spent alot of time up there, wheeling, shooting, hikkink, chopping,.... i guess at the time I felt like a MtnMan lol

3. NMMTM379

NMMTM379

Dec 7, 2015
    NM = Nuclear Meltdown, MTM = initials, 379 = March 1979 - month and year Voyager I probe photos revealed Jupiter's rings for a grand total of NMMTM379

4. Elgin

Elgin

Oct 3, 2014
    Elgin is the town I lived in most of my life, and still work in.

Also, it was the name I used on the very first forum I signed up for, so I've just stuck with it for any others.

5. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006

Interesting. Why was that event significant to you 36 years on?

6. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    It's just who I am...

7. NMMTM379

NMMTM379

Dec 7, 2015
    I grew up loving everything about space as my parents taped all of Comos: A Personal Voyage. I got every book, documentary, etc. I could get my hands on (that my parents could afford) but my favorite planet was always the largest gas giant and the discovery date of the rings just stuck with me and in every forum name I've had is 379.

8. Daniel Halcomb

Daniel Halcomb Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Well, I have a few usernames from online gaming and such in the past(dshorb14, Dominatordie), but I decided they didn't really fit anywhere besides there. Spent a short amount of time trying to think of a new one for forums and things, gave up and went with my name.

9. CHEMMINS

CHEMMINS

Nov 21, 2015
    Started building a 1 ton chev....then we went to put a cummins in it and that's CHEMMINS.

No longer have the chev....but have a cummins.

10. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    Just went with name since I have no imagination for things like this.

Garth

11. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Before they had "social media," there were mailing lists for people with like interests. I was on where there was more than one person named John, so I became "John in Texas." Someone started referring to me as "the Texican," and I just went with it.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  12. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome

Feb 18, 2016
    my name and city I live in. not in Alabama though

13. Demon613

Demon613

Oct 13, 2010
  14. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    A play on my last name.

15. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I like how all these folk who hardly ever post are posting in this thread. :thumbup:

We could use some more posters, instead of lurkers...

16. Whiteshield

Whiteshield

Feb 25, 2016
    My forum name comes from the Conscripted Whiteshield units from Warhammer 40k. Basically meatshields lol

17. Ptman2000

Ptman2000 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2014
    I'm a physical therapist and graduated college in 2000.

18. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    You play 40k? Me too! Small world!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Whiteshield

Whiteshield

Feb 25, 2016
    Nicely painted Antdog :)

20. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Thanks! My son and a few friends play, and we try to one-up each other with our paint jobs. :thumbup: