French regional knives...

Thank you!! It's usually pure luck to happen upon a knife like that. Out of all the Le Thiers models I've tried, I find this model the most comfortable in hand and also overall the best fit and finish
Congratulations!!! It's quite impressive!! And the luck of suitability is yours!! :cool: 👍

ZMM0d2Q.jpg

Le Langres, par Stephane Thomachot

Last edited:
Question -- If I wanted a 11-12 cm Laguiole with no bolsters, genevrier covers, and acier carbone, which would serve me best?

Fontenille Pataud
Jerome Latreille
Pierre Yves Joyeux

Question -- If I wanted a 11-12 cm Laguiole with no bolsters, genevrier covers, and acier carbone, which would serve me best?

Fontenille Pataud
Jerome Latreille
Pierre Yves Joyeux
Depends of your budget, PYJ is really affordable and top quality per buck, Jérôme clearly more expensive, but with good reasons.
If you want elaborate guillochage, choose Jérôme.
If you want a sturdy edc, yet elegant, PYJ is your man!
Imho Fontenille is nice but too bulky.

Depends of your budget, PYJ is really affordable and top quality per buck, Jérôme clearly more expensive, but with good reasons.
If you want elaborate guillochage, choose Jérôme.
If you want a sturdy edc, yet elegant, PYJ is your man!
Imho Fontenille is nice but too bulky.

Thanks for the insight. Just the type of info I need. To be honest I want a knife without the guillochage. The only ornamentation I want on the Laguiole is a humble bee, the Shepherd's Cross, and of course the beautiful juniper burl. I want a simple knife like the one below.

28773517217_252847847a_c.jpg

Back