GEC #35 Churchill Thread

So what do you folks think about this one?
When the Churchill was announce I couldn't believe there was no jigged bone Northfield on offer. Well thanks to Glenbad and his considerable talents this has been rectified (for me at least :p).

I can't say enough about the quality of the work on this knife. It could pass for a factory knife.
Glenn is the man!

What appears as a blemish on the right bolster is a dark reflection. It's perfect in hand.
wH9cg3s.jpg

wH9cg3s

Last edited:
When the Churchill was announce I couldn't believe there was no jigged bone Northfield on offer. Well thanks to Glenbad and his considerable talents this has been rectified (for me at least :p).

I can't say enough about the quality of the work on this knife. It could pass for a factory knife.
Glenn is the man!

wH9cg3s.jpg

wH9cg3s

That is perfect :eek:

Glenn is the man!

What appears as a blemish on the right bolster is a dark reflection. It's perfect in hand.
wH9cg3s.jpg

wH9cg3s
That is a beautiful Churchill! :thumbsup: As usual @glennbad Glenn did a wonderful job on the knife! Congratulations on that treasure! :D

Glenn is the man!

wH9cg3s.jpg

wH9cg3s
Might be the nicest Churchill I've seen:cool::cool::cool:

Glenn is the man!

wH9cg3s.jpg

wH9cg3s
Very nice!

Glenn is the man!

wH9cg3s.jpg

wH9cg3s
WOW! That’s special right there.

Glenn is the man!

wH9cg3s.jpg

wH9cg3s
Remarkable! I love it. That is an absolutely gorgeous 35 FLymon FLymon .

Glenn is the man!

wH9cg3s.jpg

wH9cg3s

Very, very nice Stu. I like the way Glenn took the jigging right up to and into the bolsters.

Glenn is the man!

wH9cg3s.jpg

wH9cg3s

Oh, that is simply too awesome. Very, very nice.

View attachment 971504 View attachment 971505

I am glad this thread is still active. I believe that is a testament to the pattern. I hope you don’t mind me posting a 35 that is not a Churchill. If so, please move this post. I began collecting right after the 2016 Forum knife so I missed out. I found one the other day, and I like it even more than my Churchill. One springs are wonderful, and I like a punch. This particular one is the darkest I have seen.

Last edited:
Noticing this same deficiency in the handles used for the 35’s, I immediately bought the AAPK SFO 35 in Rust Red jigged bone. It is not stamped Northfield, but it still fits the bill! The quality and bolsters and jigging sure indicate Northfield quality. And it really is a beautiful knife.
The hummingbird 35 lasted just a few days in my menagerie, and I passed it on. Sheer dullness!
I was shocked, chagrined, and bummed out to see someone had a green 35 and I didn’t. What the H*** is going on?

I'm sure I'll kick myself some day for not picking up a Churchill.
There still seem to be a few lingering around ;)

I've already been kicking myself for not picking up an Ebony Northfield. I love this pattern and hope they do another run in the not too distant future. A much as I like the sheepsfoot, I'd really an awl/punch.

View attachment 971584 View attachment 971585

Don’t kick yourself JohnDF JohnDF , I still see several of the Cougar Clawed Bone versions for sale. I try to never quibble with the personal preferences of others, but the CC bone was my favorite by far, and the only one I had to have. That bone perfectly suits the workman like nature of this pattern.

If you want something different, I have also noticed that when any of the 35 versions pop up on the exchange they stay around for a reasonable amount of time and sell at a fair price. I had to sit on my hands to not buy a stag 35 that Lostball sold a few days ago at a very reasonable price.

It might not be the most flashy or popular knife, but the 35 is one that you will absolutely love to carry and use.

Last edited:
The 35’s I have are the AAPK, Cougar Clawed, HJ10, Blade Forums, Yellow Rose, and Sambar Stag. I use them all. I gave the Blade Forums and Yellow Rose to family and became distraught - I then luckily replaced them.
I certainly hope there is a new run. I have a hidden war chest to capture more rapture!

Back