GEC #470123 Viper

Finally delivered to my part of the woods! OK, it arrived in December.

The walk & talk is excellent, but I can't say I'm overwhelmingly impressed by the fit & finish on this. Same with my 72 LB green jigged bone. The scales and liners just don't feel flush. And they're quite a bit rough around the edges. As opposed to my 39 pioneer bone and 87 smooth bone which both are super polished. Am I getting.. picky..? crazy..?

20240120_114330.jpg

Finally delivered to my part of the woods! OK, it arrived in December.

The walk & talk is excellent, but I can't say I'm overwhelmingly impressed by the fit & finish on this. Same with my 72 LB green jigged bone. The scales and liners just don't feel flush. And they're quite a bit rough around the edges. As opposed to my 39 pioneer bone and 87 smooth bone which both are super polished. Am I getting.. picky..? crazy..?

View attachment 2463740
Congrats! As for the as fit and finish, they are hand made. For that kind of product they are perfectly built, but don't expect them to be ideal microscopically.

Congrats! As for the as fit and finish, they are hand made. For that kind of product they are perfectly built, but don't expect them to be ideal microscopically.
Thank you! Of course. And I may have been spoiled with my 39 and 87 (my first and second GEC). But it still seems like they have been skipping a step on these later ones. The flushness is night and day between them.

I am of course just trying to get people repelled by GECs.

Where did these drop? I've been trying to find one as a gift for someone, but the only person who has them is a POS scalper that got at least 6 of them. I don't want to miss any future drops, but know nothing about gec. The person I'm trying to find a special one for has been collecting them for a decade at least.

The smooth yellow bone seems pretty readily available on the secondary. The retail on em was pretty high though so don’t be too sticker shocked.

Back