GEC...Please Make More Patterns Available To Us in 440C...yea or nea ?

The taste carbon steel gives to the slices off my daily apple is the main reason I have an SAK in my tool box at work, not one of my GECs. I'd buy a stainless one with a decent sized main blade in a heartbeat. But that's just me...

I think if GEC planned their stainless off some of the more popular designs and/or designs that seem more designed for wetter environments would be a great way for them to look at and ramp up some of their stainless production to see a growth in their business. This would hopefully limit or reduce the chances of low sales when a stainless is released. I know that the die hard "true" traditionalist want only carbon but stainless can be plenty traditional and often can be the more practical steel for a knife that is used.

I think if GEC planned their stainless off some of the more popular designs and/or designs that seem more designed for wetter environments would be a great way for them to look at and ramp up some of their stainless production to see a growth in their business. This would hopefully limit or reduce the chances of low sales when a stainless is released. I know that the die hard "true" traditionalist want only carbon but stainless can be plenty traditional and often can be the more practical steel for a knife that is used.

I would buy their popular offerings in stainless. For example: I want a GEC Eureka Jack. But they don't offer one in stainless. So I bought a Case Bose Eureka Jack.
To be quite frank I've about given up on buying GEC. Oh well. More money for Case.

I won't buy carbon and I won't buy case so I am left in a void without quality american, or at least non-chinese, made in SS.

Back