Gentleman's folder advice (modern or traditional)

I have the Boker Urban Trapper as a gentleman's folder and I love it. It is modern looking but also traditional at the same time. The 3.5" blade and weighing less than 2 ounces it is the perfect gentleman's folder IMO.

First pic is a Shamwari by Gareth Bull. Blade is slightly under 3". Second knife is an S1 mini by Michael Zieba. Blade is about 2.5" and it is a little tank. Both are within your budget.
M1.jpg

z.jpg

I think the benchmade valet makes a very nice gentleman's folder. It can also be carried loose in the pocket because it has a strong detent. I like the valet because it is beautiful and discreet yet sturdy and has m390 blade steel. It is not a perfect knife but it is very nice.

KNSLRF02CFn.jpg

For a gents folder I like Case Mini Copperlock. There are dozens of handle options and they don't look "scary"Small, lockback.

OR

Al Mar Osprey or Classic

Osprey-Classic-Knives.png

Olamic, Ferrum Forge, Brous, Rike, Zieba knives, Hinderer. These companies all have what you are looking for, I like Zieba the best

Im nearly at that point. Everything looks good but then the options become overwhelming.

Can you recommend any makers that are similar to the Rounder that you mentioned, and within my price range?

I've not seen anything comparable to the Rounder model myself, I had one in for a sheath build a few years ago, very impressive folder, unforgettable even ;)
Good luck with your search.

I'm picking up a small fixed blade by Ohta, smallish with only a 2" blade, desert ironwood hidden tang handle and dangler sheath, looks like an ideal fixed blade folder size.
Merry Christmas to me :)
G2

Back