Give-away competition...# two, 2010 forum moose. WINNERS ANNOUNCED

so i know i am no good when it comes to photography
but it cant hurt to try and practice makes perfect and all that good stuff right?

so here are a couple of my sodbusters (soddy brothers?)

006-3.jpg

011-1.jpg
Im with johnytwoshoes my friend, your photos are good, just a couple of hours practice of different camera settings...especially if you have the norm ( thesedays) that is a digital? ...experiment with the different camera settings as in the focus lock settings..as in a manual lock, camera self focus lock etc...also dont rely on the auto setting too much, some times I get 10 times the photo using the action setting etc.
I think your photo's are right up there, and where can you go from here??....yep...theres only one way...thats eo my friend.... do us a favour and send us some more shots, use the early morning sun, and the setting sun...just watch the difference :)
Thanks for your awesome efforts.
Also too many peopl rely on the Macro setting, if you have your camera set up right, and take a good shot of...say for example what I do a LOT , and that is of knife stampings etc...take the photo, and the crop it in photshop...so it blows up just that exact area...if you are in focus...its like looking through a magnifying glass :thumbup: :D

Thanks for the kind giveaway, and for a wonderful thread with great pics :thumbup:
I do have to take some new pics, ..but till then here are some old ones..

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_6781.jpg

IMG_7191.jpg

IMG_7193.jpg

IMG_7197.jpg

IMG_7172.jpg

IMG_7082.jpg

IMG_7047.jpg

IMG_6786.jpg

Last edited:
Very gracious giveaway & great contest. It's really nice to see all the great pics.

My humble entry

sb5.jpg

Wow, I can't compete. The knives posted so far are simply beautiful. I offer you a pic of my Dear Friend.

Mr Buck 110. My constant companion in the woods. He never nags, whines or complains about the rain, cold, heat, etc.

buck_2.jpg

Mark, thats a good looking knife and pic.
It's a simple tool and the story is told by your image collected, that knife looks at home sitting there waiting for use.

Hey Fes, its a Case/Bose Dog Leg I just got today. Its pretty darn nice :) Thanks btw.

I really like that one!

I keep hoping to catch an action shot with my cats, but they are unsurprisingly uncooperative. Go figure.

~ P.

Thanks man!...if hed sneezed ida had to get the sewing kit out...that knife is SHARP!!.................FES.....(hes called fesdog)

ok, so i am taking folks advice and continuing to try new things
different times of day, different settings etc

so here is today's pics, with a new knife for variety :)

009-1.jpg

006-4.jpg

003-7.jpg

I can't get out for pictures right now, I have to stay within earshot of my wife, for whom I am caring after her open heart surgery. But I got this in our yard - my tangelo tree is full of ripe delicious fruit, and this knife fit the setting perfectly:
P3021883.jpg

For a more dramatic location, here is one that I took previously on a backpacking trip. The knife doesn't show very clearly, it's a Laconico fixed blade on top of Mt Whitney (14,508', 4421M)
P8060740.jpg

Birds Eye View

nest004.jpg

i forgot to ask about that knife with engraved (brass?)scales ,my grandfather gave me one very similar,but engravings were almost smoothed out
(i belive it was German made,two spear point blades and sort of nail rasp ??)

cool pic :thumbup:

My yellow knives somehow heard about the orange knife getting a color-matched picture with citrus, and demanded equal representation. When people ask me how I grow lemons this big, I just refer to the nuclear waste I have buried back there.
P3021889.jpg

P3021887.jpg

Back