God Save the Queen!!

Couple of Schatts

bZdPG6k.jpg

8GH1c34.jpg

I'm wondering if any of our Queen experts may be able to shed some light on the "Inventory Clean-Up" blade etch. Was it something akin to GEC's "Special Factory Assembly" designation, where odds and ends of existing inventory are assembled into finished knives? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

w2rFA3H.jpg

NSSeEic.jpg

I'm wondering if any of our Queen experts may be able to shed some light on the "Inventory Clean-Up" blade etch. Was it something akin to GEC's "Special Factory Assembly" designation, where odds and ends of existing inventory are assembled into finished knives? Inquiring minds want to know! :)
Yes, they were mostly parts leftover after an SFO was made for a dealer or other brand. Where GEC usually only does an SFO of something they were already going to produce, Queen used to let the brand/dealer pick anything from their back catalog of options. Some of the leftovers could be 5-10 years old even. There may have been 50 of one pattern, 30 of another, etc. Whatever was usable off the shelves without starting up another production run.

Yes, they were mostly parts leftover after an SFO was made for a dealer or other brand. Where GEC usually only does an SFO of something they were already going to produce, Queen used to let the brand/dealer pick anything from their back catalog of options. Some of the leftovers could be 5-10 years old even. There may have been 50 of one pattern, 30 of another, etc. Whatever was usable off the shelves without starting up another production run.
I was hoping you’d weigh in, Carl! Great info —thanks! 🙂👍🏻

I found this Queen # 95 fixed knife in a storage locker.

It's certainly not looking good, someone really scratched it up. I feel bad for ole 95, I would like to restore it but it's probably too far gone. I can sharpen it though and use it in the kitchen.

Since the stamp is on the blade, do you guys think maybe this is from the 70's?

Any info shared would be greatly appreciated.

20240402_111714.jpg

20240402_111812.jpg
20240402_111744.jpg

Back