God Save the Queen!!

ySSrEHQ.jpg

gQFslek.jpg

XIGvu5o.jpg

eNHQbCD.jpg

bVfNPcE.jpg

ilXvpnh.jpg

I stumbled upon this site : https://queencutleryhistory.com/ : and it made me think about Charlies thread.
Tons of great info there.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
And I thought of this thread, and fortunately found it!!
Remember 2010, and this behemoth BF knife?? I was still working then, and thought nothing of carrying this large knife around!! I could "bear" the weight!!:D
And I could always rely on it to do the job! One of my favorite BFs!!
Even though Bill was gone, Queen did a good job!! I heard they put some serious strain on their old tooling with this one, however!!:eek::rolleyes::cool:BladeForums Moose .jpg BladeForums Moose 1.jpg BladeForums Moose 2.jpg

Great thread with knives from one of my favorite all time makers. I was hoping to see some examples in here from the Queen Cutlery Classics series they did circa 2004-2005. The series contained Classic Stag, Classic Redstag, Classic Bone, Classic Celluloid and Classic Casein. Anyone remember these - made in small quantities, had special boxes (waynorth shows a box in a post on page 1), not in the 2004-2006 Queen catalogs? I always assumed they were an SFO (for KSF or Cumberland maybe). Anyone know?

Here a picture containing the only one I own. The top knife with "Mountain Man" on the blade was a later SFO from Cumberland Knife Works (circa 2006).

jY9ZMot.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking MMs.
Its a model I am fond of but have never gotten a good example. I've owned a couple over the years but mine always had poor, way too thick primary grinds (which in turn required some ridiculous secondary bevels just to fake some kind of edge). Mine were no doubt from Queens later years of existence.
Yours look just right. Thanks for posting. I may have to resume my search for a good one.

Back