• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Godspeed Tactical

Does anyone know if Godspeed Tactical is having some sort of issue lately?

Emailed him about a BK-11 pouch sheath and was told it would ship out two weeks after payment.

Sent out a money order for the sheath on 02-13-2014.

On 03-27-2014 I sent an email asking for a status update, I had not heard anything and wanted to make sure the order had not fallen through the cracks so to speak.

Never got a response, sent another email 04-03-2014 requesting a response and order update. As of today I have heard nothing.

I usually do not deal with custom makers for this very reason but he seemed to be very highly recommended so I took a chance.

So does anyone know if he is experiencing some issues right now? Or of some other way of contacting him besides email? Help much appreciated. Thanks!

UPDATE 04-14-2014; Received a phone call on the way home from work today. Spoke with a very apologetic Eli who informed me of the communications issues he has been experiencing. Stated he would have sheath shipped out to me in two days.

Eli was very pleasant to speak with and I appreciate the phone call. Problems can happen in any business from the biggest company to the smallest shop and the way they are handled speaks to the true character of the business, and right now Eli is doing a fantastic job.

I expect to have my sheath in a few days and will post a final update here when I do.

Last edited:
I would like to see an update on this too.

I am waiting on a couple of sheaths and have not been able to contact Eli either.

I can attest to inconsistent communication when working with Eli, but his workmanship is absolutely amazing. I have 100% faith he will come through with you and what he produces will simply amaze you.

I can attest to inconsistent communication when working with Eli, but his workmanship is absolutely amazing. I have 100% faith he will come through with you and what he produces will simply amaze you.

Awesome, good enough for me. By chance could you share his email with me(by PM is fine if you want), as I can't seem to find it on his website...

I ordered a sheath from Eli Feb.22 2014. I got an email from him April 4th that the sheath would ship out the 7th. I was in the hospital for 18 days and when I got out, Still no Sheath. I sent an Email asking for a tracking number but got no response. Now, almost 12 weeks later, still nothing. No response-no sheath.

if anyone is still interested, i emailed eli the other day and mentioned there was some grumblings on the forums about product not being delivered and he promptly wrote back that he was aware and sadly his laptop crashed in the shop and his comm's are down from it but he is replacing it this weekend and will be getting all orders out

SidTheMuss - I agree that Eli does great work. I have ordered quite a few sheaths from him in the past and have always been more than satisfied with his workmanship and delivery time.

I am not sure that I would agree that all of these comments are "grumblings". What I see are people that have placed and paid for orders that have past the promised delivery dates (2 to 5 weeks per Eli's website) who have tried to contact Eli without getting a reply.

I tried to PM and e-mail him a few times and did not get any reply until I posted here. He replied to my last e-mail on 4/23 and said my sheaths would be sent out in a couple of days.

I apologize if grumblings was the wrong word, to me it just means noise or chatter. Hopefully Eli gets his system online this weekend and everyone gets their orders fulfilled.

Final update; after the phone call I received an email on 04-19-2014 now stating he would be shipping the sheath on 04-20-2014. I received the sheath on 04-24-2014. He had stated on the phone call that his shop computer had crashed so he was very behind on emails.

Final update; after the phone call I received an email on 04-19-2014 now stating he would be shipping the sheath on 04-20-2014. I received the sheath on 04-24-2014. He had stated on the phone call that his shop computer had crashed so he was very behind on emails.

Glad it worked out for you. I have had pleasant dealings with Eli for sheaths as well as knives. He was also a regular poster on the ESEE forums (though haven't seen him post lately). Probably something *was* wrong for sure.

I have also had great sheaths by Eli with good communication!

When I see a situation like this, I am always thankful that I am not the only one I know with internet and email access. When I last had computer problems, I used a machine once a day that belonged to a friend of mine.

I run my business with my laptop but don't always have it with me. In that case, I have friends that have laptops that I can use for a few seconds to check email. Some own and use tablets that have internet access. Some even have phones that they pick up their email on. And even others have computers in their homes! For the few seconds it takes to check email, none have ever said no to me, not once, since they know it is important to my business.

Sounds like Godspeed should take a trip to the public library and use their free system, the create a new account with new password once it gets sorted out (for security's sake).

Many, many, many ways to stay in touch is one is so inclined.

Robert

Back