Golokathon

Awesome work Vic,

…I always value your opinion.

Having had the opportunity to use Tony’s Farmer (both before and after the new handle), I can attest to it’s prowess; a great blade in a small package.

The Bark River Goloks are equally appealing, I have used both the original and the new run, and I am the keeper of the BRK&T Golok Prototype (you can’t own a piece of history),

...but I still prefer my KSF Machete as a big chopper.

Keep up the good work my friend.

Big Mike

”Scaring the tree huggers.”

Forest & Stream

Last edited:
Oh Man!!!! You had to mention that now! I am quite positive that HD has one of those too! :D :D :D

Yes, it was in last years big machete chop off that I did on this forum.

Goloks033.jpg

Goloks045.jpg

This one out chopped it.

Goloks057.jpg

Here's a Web-Site that Deal's In Traditionl Filipino Style Weapon's there not Valiant's but there Real Nice Knive's Made In the Philippines, They have a Huge selection of Blade Style's click on each picture for Detail's of the Knife, And there Based In the Good Ol USA, :thumbup: http://www.traditionalfilipinoweapons.com/sandata.html

I Know that website well. I have my eyes on a few of Guro Ron's swords also. :D

I wonder if those are of the quality the Valiants are. I am very impressed with my Valient golok. The Farmer Dangerous Curves is nice, too. I would like to see a really big chopper from him.

Take a look at his videos on YouTube... Some of his swords are used by the Philippine Marine Corps & Pekiti Tirsia players...

I've been waiting for this review. Thanks for all the "work" ;) and info. I'm glad I've got my order in for a Condor. There has been some stuff needing a little Condor love growing in the vicinity.

Great review as always Horn Dog. I was definitely loving the valiant/condor head to head.

Just for your input, the handles WILL be a bit more rounded, and there WILL be a leather sheath later on :)

I wonder if those are of the quality the Valiants are. I am very impressed with my Valient golok. The Farmer Dangerous Curves is nice, too. I would like to see a really big chopper from him.

In the words of this newest generation, "that would be ... awesome.":)

I've been waiting for this review. Thanks for all the "work" ;) and info. I'm glad I've got my order in for a Condor. There has been some stuff needing a little Condor love growing in the vicinity.

Have you thought about that Farmer? Or perhaps lobbying the smith to see if he'll make a larger version on his Golok?

I'm pretty impressed by what I've seen here.

Great review as always Horn Dog. I was definitely loving the valiant/condor head to head.

Just for your input, the handles WILL be a bit more rounded, and there WILL be a leather sheath later on :)

In that case, the Condor is looking even better. I knew the one I got at Blade was a prototype. Some dont seem to like the hooked tip, but I do. With a more contoured handle and a decent sheath, the Condor golok will be hard to beat.

Hooray for goloks! I find it interesting that the SGL and Dangerous Curves were the same weight. Everyone that owns a Farmer seems praise their edge and penetration in chopping.

Own several Valiant Trading Company blades myself, including an SGL, golok kelapa, and golok bengkulu. I love the use of wood and horn and the comfy handles on the SG line and the parang bandol. Quite nice, especially given the prices.

Thanks for the time and effort you put into that H.D.!!!!

You put up alot of great info and pics here!

Thanks also for the putting a polished convex edge on it as well!

Do you mind if you post a ball park price on each of these blades as you know them?

That would really help me decide.

TF

Great stuff Vic, I got to this thread late but all my questions seem to have been answered from the other posts. Visually I really like the valients. Good to know about their sheath though.

Back