Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Wow Jack that’s great news! :thumbsup: :D We got to meet Duncan and Paul at the Rendezvous in 2017. It was a great time indeed! I hope you guys have a great visit! :thumbsup: Can’t wait to see the Barlow’s! They are sure to be a classic! :thumbsup: :D

Today I’m carrying my one and only Senator. I hope y’all have a great day! :thumbsup: :)

47964983496_89da3487d0_b_d.jpg

47964983426_1965b80c86_b_d.jpg

Late to the party, but this sounds intriguing. Have you guys created a SFO ?

Arresting photo, John; I looked at this one for a long time! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
First, I was trying to figure out if you had a new lambsfoot because the grain didn't look familiar. Then, I was trying to figure out what the corrugated background was and finally realized that because of the way the vertical dark lines went OVER the knife that they were actually shadows (from venetian blinds?) on a wood background (table top?). Very nice!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, GT. :)
Sometimes you see your knife just sitting there and think, "That'll make a neat picture."
This one turned out even better than I expected, making the covers look striped. I think it threw a few people off. :D

Wow Jack that’s great news! :thumbsup: :D We got to meet Duncan and Paul at the Rendezvous in 2017. It was a great time indeed! I hope you guys have a great visit! :thumbsup: Can’t wait to see the Barlow’s! They are sure to be a classic! :thumbsup: :D

Today I’m carrying my one and only Senator. I hope y’all have a great day! :thumbsup: :)

47964983496_89da3487d0_b_d.jpg

47964983426_1965b80c86_b_d.jpg
I'm excited about the Barlow, also! I like your horn senator, Ron, and the way you photographed it.

I think I'll be on the lookout for ironwood lambsfoots today (with probably a few exceptions).

Unlike Dave, I did NOT have to wait long to spot my first ironwood :rolleyes:.
Totally Totem, Dave! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That IS warm; my city hasn't hit 80˚F so far this year. :(

High regards to you, Jeff, for emulating the generosity that's quite common on The Porch!! :cool::cool::) Best wishes in your search for a replacement lambsfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

And leave devastation in your wake?? :D Cool pic of lambsfoot in situ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Birthday thrills, 2-tone chills, and charcoal grills! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Looks like a great time, Joshua! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Arresting photo, John; I looked at this one for a long time! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
First, I was trying to figure out if you had a new lambsfoot because the grain didn't look familiar. Then, I was trying to figure out what the corrugated background was and finally realized that because of the way the vertical dark lines went OVER the knife that they were actually shadows (from venetian blinds?) on a wood background (table top?). Very nice!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

:D:D I always enjoy the "I carry a lambsfoot ..." posts, Dwight, and this is a good one! :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, Dwight; Union Jack is a rosewood model with dark stripes (parallel to handle on pile side, diagonal on mark side). :)

That's a pretty primo patina popping already, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Cool pic, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I'm surprised an untamed beast like Sköll tolerates being fenced in with poultry perched on him! :eek:

Congrats, Ron; I know Tennessee has only two Senators, and you must be more than proud to have one of them in your pocket!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Union Jack pile side:
View attachment 1137093

- GT
Gary, you make your posts so personal with the your remarks, seems like you could be standing/sitting in a room with everyone having the conversation. Love reading your posts. That's a great shot of Union Jack, just like you described.

Congrats, Ron; I know Tennessee has only two Senators, and you must be more than proud to have one of them in your pocket!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Union Jack pile side:
uj-pile-vopen-garden-post-jpg.1137093
Thanks for the compliment Gary! :) In this day and age saying you have a Senator in your pocket could be taken the wrong way! :eek: Your Union Jack is looking good my friend! :thumbsup:

I'm excited about the Barlow, also! I like your horn senator, Ron, and the way you photographed it.
Thanks for the compliment! :)

Last edited:
Good morning Guardians. Weed and mow again, the order of the day! Ugh:(

This is a picture of the South Platte River near where we trained Tuesday. Even with the recent snow and rain it runs low, so the runoff has not started. I'll update later when the run off is going.
IMG_1150.JPG

The Rockies defeated the Diamondbacks yesterday to get to .500, 27-27. Yea!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
IMG_1152.JPG

Thanks Jack.
I hope to spend a little more time here soon.

I've had the '19 with me for the past couple days.
47962656032_df3eec598a_h.jpg
Nice shot of the '19 Kevin!

Hi folks, just checking in from a really bad wifi connection on my IPad. It's going to be a good few hours still until I make it home, but I'm enjoying the fantastic pics, and will catch up properly later, hopefully. Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

At the risk of sounding a bit too proper, I often eat pizza with a knife and fork. My ebony Lambfoot was up to the task... :)

View attachment 1136910
That looks great.

@Fodderwing Another great in that beautiful tree image, Dwight.

JohnDF JohnDF What a fine image, John.

Half/Stop Half/Stop Well Ron, if you’re only going to have one Senator, let it be that beauty.

dc50 dc50 Very nice minimalist image, Dave.

@meako Looks Heavenly, Meako.

@5K Qs Hey Gary, Beautiful pile side view of Union Jack. Your effort at image making shows.

I feel your pain, but my take is different. It might take me a half hour and twenty or more images to get one that I’m happy with, and then on to post processing. For me it’s a joyful, meditative experience as I chase light and perspective. Not to mention that it gets me away from the various Housewives of from where ever that the Missus is watching.:)

flatblackcapo flatblackcapo A nice Sunny image of the Ironwood.

pjsjr pjsjr Two excellent images, Preston.

Good Morning Guardians

So...Getting older, clumsier, and cracking screens. Got the replacement, and looked for a MIL-SPEC protective case. Found one suitable even for my youngest grandchild.
C2CEC3C6-F034-4001-8938-1EC166501100_zpsburkm3iq.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I'll be on the lookout for ironwood lambsfoots today (with probably a few exceptions).

Thanks, Vince & Jack & Harvey & John. :)
Edited To Add:
John, I don't enjoy photography very much because it turns out to be so time-consuming for me. First I have to make sure I have my (actually, my wife's) old point&shoot camera with me, with charged batteries. Then I have to find a spot with enough light, but not too much sun, and then try to anticipate/avoid all the weird reflections that may occur. I usually take 4-6 pics of each "pose" in order to raise my chances of getting at least one "keeper" (even with my low standards :rolleyes:). Then I have to download the photos to my MacBook, make an initial pass through the entire group of current photos to identify the obvious rejects, and then process the survivors, usually by cropping and doing a 1-click "auto-enhance". I then have to decide which processed pics I'l actually save, save them to the appropriate folders, name the files in a helpful way, and finally resize to try to get most under 200 KB. Wears me out! :eek::rolleyes:

High regards to you, Jeff, for emulating the generosity that's quite common on The Porch!! :cool::cool::) Best wishes in your search for a replacement lambsfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

And leave devastation in your wake?? :D Cool pic of lambsfoot in situ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Birthday thrills, 2-tone chills, and charcoal grills! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Looks like a great time, Joshua! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D:D I always enjoy the "I carry a lambsfoot ..." posts, Dwight, and this is a good one! :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, Dwight; Union Jack is a rosewood model with dark stripes (parallel to handle on pile side, diagonal on mark side). :)

That's a pretty primo patina popping already, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Cool pic, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I'm surprised an untamed beast like Sköll tolerates being fenced in with poultry perched on him! :eek:

Union Jack pile side:
View attachment 1137093

- GT
The totem is certainly a distinct lambsfoot Gary :thumbsup::cool:
The past few years it's hot and dry in May, and wet in June which we need as the forest fires are out of control in the North.

Back