Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Beautiful, Dave. Jigging detail is spot on. Well done.
Thank you, my friend. :)
Just wondering out of curiosity if any guardians have noticed a difference in opening/closing action between the standard A.Wright & Son 3.5 inch Lambsfoot and their larger 4 inch version.
If they use the same springs for both model ... would it make sense that the larger one is probably less stiff since you have more leverage opening it in a larger blade ?
I'm not sure whether it is the same backspring or not. My big-un is harder to open than the regular-sized model, which is fine, as there is less chance of it closing on me. :eek::D

Last edited:
I don't enjoy it often enough to call it my favorite, Jack, but it's certainly the beer that introduced me to the wonders of porters, stouts, and ales as alternatives to weak and watery American lagers. :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

I hope you have an enjoyable and productive week, Preston, and have some energy left for Dutch at the end of each day! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Photo looks great, Dennis! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Sorry to read about a setback, though. :( I think Setback was a card game I used to enjoy decades ago, but it's no fun as a description of health!

Congrats again on the WCLF trio, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Glad you had a safe, enjoyable, and rewarding Rendezvous trip! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Welcome back, José! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: Did you travel for your holiday?

Great pics of the stick with your ebony WCLF and stag HHB, Mark! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Is the stick from the same grandfather who had the dated baseball?

Congrats on the thoughtful gifts, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Kudos for your generosity, Dennis! :):thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the compliment, Jeff; just trying to give as good as I get around The Porch! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. :) I guess I'm not going to reproduce your results just by using "elbow grease"! :eek::rolleyes:

Excellent detectin', Vince! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on a winning pair, Jon! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I try to restrict my and my knives' time in the sun each day, Harvey. ;):thumbsup:
That red jigged bone looks great; I can't keep track of all the marvelous vintage lambsfoot examples you're hunting down! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:;)

Thanks, Jack; I seem to take a lot of good photos while I'm up here. :):cool:

Have a fantastic hike, Jack, and I hope your back doesn't interfere with your plans and enjoyment. :cool::cool::)

I remember this photo! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the compliments, Dennis. :)
I hope you can get the seizures under control and get out for a while in the near future! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Here's a strange photo of Union Jack with the evening sun lighting him up and turning him into golden rosewood!
View attachment 1178176

- GT
The light reflecting on Union Jack, looks fantastic.

CB31xOP.jpg

uzaR7K2.jpg

Unfortunately, another seizure yesterday, gotta get 'em under control!:mad:
Sorry to hear that, Dennis.
A friend of mine swears that CBD helps, it might be worth looking into.

For some reason I feel like saying: "Danger! Will Robinson, Danger!"
I get the same urge every time I pick up that robot. :D

48531375446_5250b6a059_h.jpg

My humble contribution today.
oJ5tc79.jpg
Great shot to start the day!:cool::thumbsup:
My carry for today:thumbsup:
LKnToP.jpg

BCRfjK.jpg
Such great lookers! Looks Like it's been getting some good use , Paul!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great shot, Taylor! Getting some real nice patina!:thumbsup:
48523622177_1dc4f84f77_h.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black Have a great time on your hike tomorrow.
Btw, I am all for a shadow lamb. :thumbsup:
....a battle bot!:D:thumbsup:
Great horn!:)
Very nice!:thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians! :)

47643050672_83ef7a2af8_b_d.jpg
Great DamLam, Ron!:):thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
Looks like a golden sunrise to me, John!:cool::thumbsup:
If you look real close you can see "made in England" on the wooden caliper rule.
82zZVvv.jpg

Here's hoping for a great day for all my fellow Guardians.:thumbsup:
Great tools, Mark!!:thumbsup:
Well .... this calls for a picture, right ? :)
Cr6ZwyU.jpg
Yes....yes it does!;):thumbsup:
-.-- --- ..- ' .-. . / .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- . :D
[Your welcome]

I see wood and horn and stag and...
0AV02o6.jpg
-. .. -.-. . / - --- ..- -.-. .... / .-. .- -.-. .... . .-..
:D:thumbsup:

Dandy hurd you got going!:cool::thumbsup:

Here's another recent pic of Union Jack, pile side today:
uj-pile-vstand-dockbench-jpg.1178175
Looking good, Gary!
Would that be called a 'pile-Jack'?:D:thumbsup:
Photo looks great, Dennis! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Sorry to read about a setback, though. :( I think Setback was a card game I used to enjoy decades ago, but it's no fun as a description of health!
Thank you very much, Gary! We'll get there eventually!;):thumbsup:
Here's a strange photo of Union Jack with the evening sun lighting him up and turning him into golden rosewood!
uj-golden-level92-label-jpg.1178176
Awsome! Stunning coloring!
Maybe UJ had a little too much ale,...feeling 'light headed'?!:D:rolleyes::p (I'm really sorry for these, Gary!o_O)

Last edited:
My new Large Lambfoot called by many here "Big Un" with Buffalo Horn covers. Came in yesterday.

My standard board shot
8wAPI2f.jpg

In the sun on an old wood burning cook stove on our front porch which is reflected in the blade.
ehV3ZGu.jpg
I love the different looks you can get from the horn! Very nice!:cool::thumbsup:
I exchanged with him a bottle of Samuel Smith Chocolate Stout for one.
F36AC788-8054-4FDF-B185-F6606805FC81_zps0wdq1eba.jpeg
Nice, Harvey!
Love the covers on that one!:cool::thumbsup:
Beautiful photo, Dave! Amethyst?
My thoughts and best wishes are with you, Dennis, that can't be easy at all.
Thank you very much for the kind thoughts, Dylan, I appreciate it!:)
Another new Lambfoot. Two blade Lambfoot with Rosewood covers. Came in yesterday with the "Big Un".

VpzbIxy.jpg

vVk26iR.jpg
Looks raring to go!:cool::thumbsup:
Very nice photo, Dan!;):thumbsup:
Sorry to hear that, Dennis.
A friend of mine swears that CBD helps, it might be worth looking into.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it! I keep thinking about it, better than narcotics I would guess!
I get the same urge every time I pick up that robot. :D

48531375446_5250b6a059_h.jpg
Nice!:cool::thumbsup:
I like your anti-robot deflection device!:D

Mine today, ready for better weather for walking!

Evening Guardians! Just passed the half-way point to my my week :) Taking the day off on Friday as we have a three day country music festival (Country Thunder Alberta) the wife and I are going to this weekend. Received the tickets from my wife as a birthday present this year, and am excited the time is almost here.

Getting ready for tomorrow. Going with the two bolster I think.

Dgvw4yu.jpg

Just wondering out of curiosity if any guardians have noticed a difference in opening/closing action between the standard A.Wright & Son 3.5 inch Lambsfoot and their larger 4 inch version.
If they use the same springs for both model ... would it make sense that the larger one is probably less stiff since you have more leverage opening it in a larger blade ?

Thank you, my friend. :)

I'm not sure whether it is the same backspring or not. My big-un is harder to open than the regular-sized model, which is fine, as there is less chance of it closing on me. :eek::D
I find my big-un the easiest to open. It could be because I can pinch it open farther from the pivot. Also, I've had it the longest, so it could be that it's more broken in. Also, all my other lambsfoot knives are SFOs - don't know if Jack asked for extra stiff springs.
A very smooth 6 as is the Lambfoot blade. Not difficult at all.
Nice to hear. :cool::thumbsup:
Great picture. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
-. .. -.-. . / - --- ..- -.-. .... / .-. .- -.-. .... . .-..
:D:thumbsup:

Dandy hurd you got going!:cool::thumbsup:
Thanks! Here's another useful link:
https://morsecode.scphillips.com/translator.html

I find my big-un the easiest to open. It could be because I can pinch it open farther from the pivot. Also, I've had it the longest, so it could be that it's more broken in. Also, all my other lambsfoot knives are SFOs - don't know if Jack asked for extra stiff springs.
Good stuff Rachell :thumbsup: I'm thinking the pull is about the same, I'm also thinking its the kick that's hard to overcome to the fully open position. o_O:)

Back