Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good afternoon, Guardians! Jelly is back at work with me today!
GEPVtjl.jpg

....a battle bot!:D:thumbsup:
Great horn!:)

Nice!:cool::thumbsup:
I like your anti-robot deflection device!:D

Mine today, ready for better weather for walking!
Haha, thanks Dennis. That '19 looks like it's ready for anything.

Thanks pal, that's a very cool pic! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Looking good Kevin :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack.
Great pics of your HHB, that is some wonderful country. I feel inspired to get out for a hike but those blackberry crumble pics inspired me to eat myself into a food coma. :D

48531928256_00e1f82584_h.jpg

I've only just jumped on the Lambfoot Band Wagon here in the Guardians thread recently (about two months ago); however, I have caught up and read all the post since the beginning of the Guardians thread. What with all that reading, it seems that some Guardians have had difficulty with the pull of the Pen blade on the Two Blade Lambfoot knife and in some cases, the Lambfoot blade too. Well, everyone here knows I'm a sucker for difficult knives so I up and ordered a Two Blade Lambfoot knife directly from the manufacturer in Sheffield, England and it arrived this past Monday. Following are pictures of the knife with a few comments from me too.

V6ED9nh.jpg

AXmIRdS.jpg

1VzOQvs.jpg

The knife is a solid, well built knife. There is absolutely no under blading of either blade and the pull for both blades is a smooth 6. The covers are Rosewood and there are no gaps, cracks, or chips in the covers or between the covers and the liners. No gaps anywhere even between the liners and springs. The blades came sharp; however, I did touch them up with a fine, white, ceramic rod. The knife is well finished with a satin finish on both blades and both blades are centered in their wells. Overall this is a first rate knife and I'm glad to have it.

My theory: I think that what with all the knives that Jack Black Jack Black has had made by this manufacturer that the manufacturerer has stepped up their attention to detail and is now putting out top grade knives throughout their line. I say this because in the last month, I've purchased multiple Lambfoot blade knives from them and all of them have been blemish, issue, free. Whenever I order from the manufacturerer in their "How did you hear about us" box, I always say; "Jack Black - Blade Forums". Don't know if that has any influence but somehow I think it does.

Anyway, I wouldn't hesitate to order another Two-Blade Lambfooot knife and especially, wouldn't be concerned about a difficult pull of either blade.

Last edited:
Good afternoon, Guardians! Jelly is back at work with me today!
GEPVtjl.jpg

A great-looking knife Matt :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack.
Great pics of your HHB, that is some wonderful country. I feel inspired to get out for a hike but those blackberry crumble pics inspired me to eat myself into a food coma. :D

48531928256_00e1f82584_h.jpg

LOL! :D Thanks pal, another great pic :) :thumbsup:

I've only just jumped on the Lambfoot Band Wagon here in the Guardians thread recently (about two months ago); however, I have caught up and read all the post since the beginning of the Guardians thread. What with all that reading, it seems that some Guardians have had difficulty with the pull of the Pen blade on the Two Blade Lambfoot knife and in some cases, the Lambfoot blade too. Well, everyone here knows I'm a sucker for difficult knives so I up and ordered a Two Blade Lambfoot knife directly from the manufacturer in Sheffield, England and it arrived this past Monday. Following are pictures of the knife with a few comments from me too.

V6ED9nh.jpg

AXmIRdS.jpg

1VzOQvs.jpg

The knife is a solid, well built knife. There is absolutely no under blading of either blade and the pull for both blades is a smooth 6. The covers are Rosewood and there are no gaps, cracks, or chips in the covers or between the covers and the liners. No gaps anywhere even between the liners and springs. The blades came sharp; however, I did touch them up with a fine, white, ceramic rod. The knife is well finished with a satin finish on both blades and both blades are centered in their wells. Overall this is a first rate knife and I'm glad to have it.

My theory: I think that what with all the knives that Jack Black Jack Black has had made by this manufacturer that the manufacturerer has stepped up their attention to detail and is now putting out top grade knives throughout their line. I say this because in the last month, I've purchased multiple Lambfoot blade knives from them and all of them have been blemish, issue, free. Whenever I order from the manufacturerer in their "How did you hear about us" box, I always say; "Jack Black - Blade Forums". Don't know if that has any influence but somehow I think it does.

Anyway, I wouldn't hesitate to order another Two-Blade Lambfooot knife and especially, wouldn't be concerned about a difficult pull of either blade.

It's great having you here Ed, well done on reading through the thread. These days that is quite an accomplishment :) Thank you for your thoughts on the two-blade from Wright's, I think I got my own 2 or so years ago, and the pull on both blades is certainly strong. The quality of Wright's knives has really come on leaps and bounds in the past couple of years though, and I think it will continue to improve under the new stewardship. Wright's are taking a pride in what they produce now, in a way that perhaps hasn't happened before. I'm not sure if, when folks order, they, and at least one of the dealers think 'Ah, a friend of Jack, we should definitely send them the best we have.' Or, 'He's mates with Jack, so bound to be another picky feller!' :eek: o_O :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thought I'd have a few beers (all local) :)

HfEBqam.jpg

GJ4xSBu.jpg

sdyc7Mg.jpg

I am off to the market early in the morning, and have a pretty full agenda for the rest of the day, but I thought I'd go with the flow...:rolleyes:

w90FaqJ.jpg

A great-looking knife Matt :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Thanks pal, another great pic :) :thumbsup:

It's great having you here Ed, well done on reading through the thread. These days that is quite an accomplishment :) Thank you for your thoughts on the two-blade from Wright's, I think I got my own 2 or so years ago, and the pull on both blades is certainly strong. The quality of Wright's knives has really come on leaps and bounds in the past couple of years though, and I think it will continue to improve under the new stewardship. Wright's are taking a pride in what they produce now, in a way that perhaps hasn't happened before. I'm not sure if, when folks order, they, and at least one of the dealers think 'Ah, a friend of Jack, we should definitely send them the best we have.' Or, 'He's mates with Jack, so bound to be another picky feller!' :eek: o_O :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thought I'd have a few beers (all local) :)

HfEBqam.jpg

GJ4xSBu.jpg

sdyc7Mg.jpg

I am off to the market early in the morning, and have a pretty full agenda for the rest of the day, but I thought I'd go with the flow...:rolleyes:

w90FaqJ.jpg
Nice looking brews jack!!! I'm excited to partake in some adult beverages.

Happy Wednesday guardians! Got this in the pocket gonna touch up the edge later today.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190814123630279_COVER.jpg

Wright's are taking a pride in what they produce now, in a way that perhaps hasn't happened before. I'm not sure if, when folks order, they, and at least one of the dealers think 'Ah, a friend of Jack, we should definitely send them the best we have.' Or, 'He's mates with Jack, so bound to be another picky feller!' :eek: o_O :D ;) :thumbsup:
Picky fellers ought to stick together!

V6ED9nh.jpg

AXmIRdS.jpg

1VzOQvs.jpg

Great review and tips. Thanks, ED.

'Ah, a friend of Jack, we should definitely send them the best we have.' Or, 'He's mates with Jack, so bound to be another picky feller!' :eek: o_O :D ;) :thumbsup:
Probably closer to the truth. :)

When I placed my order, I mentioned in the comments section I was purchasing the knife as I had been introduced to it by "Jack" and "The Guardians of the Lambsfoot " thread.

I wrote I wanted to "join the guardians of the lambsfoot" :) :)

With my knife I received a hand written/signed note that read:

----------
" Dear ___, please find enclosed the ebony lambsfoot knife you ordered plus some information on A Wright and the care of carbon steel blades.
Congratulations, you are now a " Guardian of the Lambsfoot"!
Best wishes,
___________ "
----------

I will treasure this hand written note :thumbsup:

Back