1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks again Dennis, I hope you're doing OK buddy :thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey, I had a great day, but a tiring one :) The weather was very unsettled, one minute warm and sunny, the next there was a heavy downpour, and like that until late afternoon :rolleyes: Because of that, we changed the route of our walk, and I didn't get as many pics as I'd have liked because I didn't want to get rain in my camera! :eek: I'll post a few later though :thumbsup:

Cool pic Dennis :thumbsup:

2. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice pic Dave :) :thumbsup:

I KNEW we were brothers Paul! :eek: :D Your WCLF is looking good my friend :) :thumbsup:

Nice to see that one Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, that's a very cool pic! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice pics :thumbsup:

That's special Ron :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Mark, that's a beautiful old tool, and a great photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

Very nice Dan, you've been posting some excellent pics of your ebony Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Fab Five Rachel :) :thumbsup:

3. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Gary, stag is certainly very traditional on a Barlow :thumbsup:

UJ never looked better GT ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much my friend :) my is still a bit sore, but thankfully it didn't 'go' :eek: My feet sure do ache though! :D :thumbsup:

That looks great Ed, how do you find the larger model? :thumbsup:

I usually pinch open my Lambsfoot blades, but that's the way I use the nail-nick :) Makes a difference have a nice deep nick :thumbsup:

That's a smashing photo Harvey, I hope you enjoyed the beer :) :thumbsup:

Lovely pic Dave :) I wasn't far from the Blue John caverns of Derbyshire yesterday (thought you and Linda might find the link interesting) :) :thumbsup:

Glad to hear it's wearing you in Dan ;) :thumbsup:

It might be worth a shot mate! :D ;) Nice pic there :) :thumbsup:

Wow, you have certainly jumped in with both feet Ed! :D Nice to hear (in your other post) that the pull on the pen is not a problem :thumbsup:

The longer length of the blade certainly makes them easier to open I think :thumbsup:

Me neither, same steel and HT though :thumbsup: That's unusual that the blade on yours is harder to open though Dave :confused: :thumbsup:

Edit - Apologies for the clumsy multi-quote folks :oops: :thumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  4. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Fantastic pics Dan :thumbsup:

Looking good Kevin :thumbsup:

Hope you can get out soon Dennis :) :thumbsup:

Sounds like you're going to have a great weekend my friend :) Cool pic :thumbsup:

I didn't :thumbsup: I think that the larger blades are generally what makes them easier to open, but while the springs have the same steel and HT, they could vary from the smaller ones I guess because of the extra mass :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

5. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Morning Guardians, few pics from my hike yesterday :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Yes it is Jack! :thumbsup: Thank you! :)

Great photos Jack! :thumbsup: Glad you had a good day my friend! :D

Totin these two! Hope all you Guardians have a great day! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

7. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Fantastic pictures, Jack. Of course I like the fish the best. :D:thumbsup:
    Everything there looks so Lush and Green. Everything here is Dry and Brown.

8. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]

9. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    Hi Guardians! Writing this from Glasgow. Typical Scottish day in August; rain and cold. Oh well, just had a dram of scotch to ward off the chills and off to the shops in search of a Lambfoot. Didn’t have any luck in Ireland.

10. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    Where were you shooting those great photos? Looks like the ancient farm that belonged to my wife, Kathleen’s grand parents in Termon near Letterkenny, Donegal. We met up with her cousins two days ago and downed a few Guinness’s. Lovely people, the Kelly’s.

mitch4ging, Cambertree and Jack Black like this.
  11. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Shame the weather didn't fully cooperate for you Jack, but it still looked like a lovely hike. Beautiful photos!

Jack Black, cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  12. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    @Jack Black Jack Black said:

[​IMG]
    That looks great Ed, how do you find the larger model? :thumbsup:"

I've only had it (the "Big UN") for 2 1/2 days Jack so no chance to use it yet. However, compared to the other Lambfoot knives I have it's a whopper in the hand. I think I'm going to like it quite well but I'm telling ya that I like the Standard Lambfoot you sent along with the Hartshead better than any of them. Yes, even the Hartshead. A little polish here and a little bolster buffing there along with just a touch of Super Glue, and the Standard Lambfoot is perfect.:thumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  13. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Good morning Guardians. Horn with a horn.

[​IMG]

14. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Morning Guardians. Lambsfoot took care of my most important daily task in the morning with aplomb! Ventilating that coffee lid ;)

[​IMG]

I like the coffee to freely flow and those tiny holes never let enough air through :)

15. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black - Thank you for taking us with you on your walk, Jack. It was so relaxing. What a treasure to have access to all that pastoral splendor.

Good Morning Guardians.
    [​IMG]

16. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks a lot Ron, those two look great together :) :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :) As soon as I saw that fat trout, I thought 'I've got to get a pic for John! :D On this pic, you can see a smaller trout nearby, even that was worth catching :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Lovely ebony there :) :thumbsup:

It's been wet and miserable here too :( Hope you find a Lambsfoot Bill :thumbsup:

That is in the Derbyshire Peak District John, going down the River Derwent from Grindleford to Baslow via Calver, and then across the Chatsworth Estate to Bakewell. I have friends named Kelly in both Ireland and Scotland :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Mike, it was certainly better than staying in the city - and the weather is worse today! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Sorry for cocking up my multi-quote Ed (fixed it now) The Big 'Un is certainly a much more substantial knife. but that's great to hear you're so pleased with the other one :) That's still my favourite Lambsfoot frame :) :thumbsup:

Nice pic Ed :) :thumbsup:

Very good Mike! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey, there's some nice countryside close to where I live now in Leeds, but I grew up with the Peak District just up the road, and I do miss it :) That's a wonderful photo, what great stag :) :thumbsup:

Despite the rain here, I've been picking blackberries in my garden :) I wouldn't normally pick them in the wet, but the brambles were heaving with ripe fruit, and I picked about 5lbs :)There'll be more in a few days :thumbsup:

Another pic from yesterday :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

17. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Jack! :) :thumbsup:

dc50 and Jack Black like this.
  18. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Love to see a pic of those blackberrit’s with a Lambsfoot. Do you make preserves?

mitch4ging and dc50 like this.
  19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I usually just make pies and crumbles Harvey, but there are a lot this year. I've put most of the ones I picked today in the freezer, and I have about a pound I'll make a crumble with in the next couple of days. I bought some strawberries today, so I might have a few blackberries with those :)

[​IMG]

These are just from the patch in my gardens, but there are brambles all over here, and so few people pick them these days :confused: Crazy, they are the most expensive summer fruits in the supermarket here! :rolleyes:

A few pics I prepared earlier ;) :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Wild Ben

Wild Ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2016
    IMG_1379.JPG Great posts everyone! Used my ebony to cut some mulberry out of the hedges today!