1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I'm retired!!!! No more of that 0400 or 0500 wake up call unless we're headed out of town.

Reaper AL, dc50, mitch4ging and 3 others like this.
  2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I'm just jealous. :D

cigarrodog and mitch4ging like this.
  3. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    What the heck. Another picture just because it's Sunday. Buffalo Horn covered "Big-un".

[​IMG]

Reaper AL, JaxBaron, WHT and 9 others like this.
  4. herder

herder Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2007
    While I don't post here nearly enough, I sure enjoy seeing so many wonderful pictures from everyone!!!
    Here are my two favorite contemporary Lambsfoot models, I might not be alone with this selection...
    And along with most of my fellow Guardians, I also enjoy a good adult beverage now and then. :)

BF Lambsfoot Pair .jpg

5. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I’m showing the same photo and totin the same Lambsfoot two days in a row! ;) I’ve got more apples to slice today and this Bigun handles that task very well! Y’all have a great day! :D

[​IMG]

6. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    @Half/Stop - Did you grind/sand down the stag on that knife? If so, could you post a link about doing it? Doesn't matter one way or the other. It's a looker any way you look at it..

Half/Stop likes this.
  7. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Prepping to run some errands with my brilliant, beautiful wife, I was selecting the knife to accompany my ever-present SAK when this beauty called to me.

081761E3-BA12-4D5D-A2D4-DE2CAB496EC7.jpeg

8. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Thanks Jack, and very cool frame! I have a couple from them as well.

[​IMG]

But today, felt like going with one I made a little while ago.

[​IMG]

Also enjoying getting to know this 2 blader. Pretty heavy/chunky, but rides well in the pocket and is very sturdy. Came as the dirtiest Lambsfoot I've received, but once cleaned up I have to say it's the best made I've had so far. Very well put together! :)

9. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    They are very solid and well put together. I've got two of them and as you said; they do carry well.

10. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Beautiful lambfoot and slingshot collection. I want to try a two bladed lambfoot, I’ll add it to my to buy list;). Most of my traditional knife collection are multi blade. Nice work on the sling shot, you did a great job on it. I honestly didn’t realize there were so many Guardians interested in sling shots. It seems a lot of “knife” people are outdoorsman/ natural lovers as well. :cool:

11. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the compliment Ed. :) It’s exactly the way it came from Wright’s, except for some some darkening due to normal use. I got it from our friend @Jack Black. It’s a second because of a crack that has been factory repaired on the mark side butt end. Being Pere David Stag they’re mostly smooth antlers from my limited experience. It’s a fine knife and certainly one of my favorites! :)

12. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I would like to give my heartfelt thank you to a fellow Guardian who pm me with a wonderful introduction, tips, information and resources into the world of slingshot as well as a generous offer to send starter package.
    WOW TY Mike !!! @Crazy Canuck !

Here is my slingshot from my childhood, it's about 36 years old I think :)
    My cousin and I made two, painted his orange and mine blue. The leather for the pouch was from an old shoe we found in a pile of garbage in and empty lot :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Dschal, Ramrodmb and 12 others like this.
  13. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Dan and Jack, I'm totally flabbergasted that our little feathered friends are drawn to human hands holding lambsfoot knives! :eek::p:thumbsup:

Thanks for your encouragement, Jack. :)

I was temporarily puzzled about what sort of sorcery you were doing, Greg! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
    With regard to the shield question, I'm sure I'd find a tasteful cloven hoof shield to be quite compelling! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;) But my sense of aesthetics doesn't always match that of others.

Great photo of your AC, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, and Cheers, Jack! ;):thumbsup::cool:

That pair of lambsfoots should help ease any inconveniences as you're temporarily uprooted, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I hope the remodeling is masterful and sticks to schedule (and budget)! :)

Fascinating tidbits of information, Greg! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
    (I had a question or two that I thought you might be willing to investigate, but now they've dropped totally from my memory! :mad::(:thumbsdown:)

Sounds impressive (and exhausting :rolleyes:), Dan! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
    Congrats on a big job, well done!

Thanks, Dennis. :)

Yeah, I think the midnight flight out of Bengal is called Red Eye of the Tiger. ;)
    Your stag HHB is a handsome devil, Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::cool: )I hear knives take on characteristics of their owners.)

Great pic of your lambsfoot pair!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

You're VERY nice to your grandkids, AL! :eek:;):thumbsup: When I go into my local bakery and ask for chocolate chip muffins, they usually tell me something like, "We got cranberry walnut today; take it or leave it!" My wish is certainly not their command!

THIS photo is definitely NOT out of focus; what a great shot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm glad you enjoyed your outing.

That horn lambsfoot is quite irresistible, FBC! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Mike and @JaxBaron, you've got some appealing "wrist rockets"! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I think if I were to take up slinging shot, my catch box would have to be a "double wide"!

Couple of lookers, Barry!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Congrats, Fred!! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your stag is stellar, Rachel! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

ED and Neal, I think those jigged bone WCLF knives, when open, are probably the best looking knives on The Porch!! :thumbsup::eek::thumbsup: (I always use one of those double-ended bottle-openers with the triangular can-punch to open my beer at home. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Haven't found anything else as efficient. :))

Last day for Lam Jack before the weekly knife rotation:
    LJ.mark.V.wisteria.jpg

- GT

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Reaper AL, Pt-Luso, TFBraden and 13 others like this.
  14. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Fantastic patina, and a great skill being able to take a photo showing the rainbow effect, that is a skill in itself. Well done. Lovely scales.

Jack Black, mitch4ging and Half/Stop like this.
  15. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    I have found that people interested in knives, are generally outdoor people. Interested in all things outdoors.:cool:

16. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    I wish I had found that book when I was a kid. My fort building skills would have been greatly improved. :D
    The gear weights are enough to make the "Ultra Light" folk faint. ;)

Thanks, GT, she has a little wicked streak too. :D

This little Lamb' bit me yesterday. It was just a nick, a gentile reminder that the tip is sharp. :p
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Reaper AL, Bugs57 and 14 others like this.
  17. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    I know this is not knife related, but after watching our morning news on TV, just want to send my thoughts and prayers to all those affected by the devastating floods in Texas.

18. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    What gets me it’s that I always need seeds in my hand, I have to bribe them .... but Jack can do it without them seeds !!!:D

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  19. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you very much! :)

20. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Nice! So you have pubs and bakeries across the street, and a park a couple of blocks away....you sure picked the right place to move to!;):thumbsup:
    Nice shot, John!:cool::thumbsup:
    Great photo, Dave!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thanks, Ron!:p:thumbsup:

It's certainly harder to get some shooting in now that we live in town.:(
    Great photo, Ron! Love the covers and the pantina is coming along nicely!:cool::thumbsup:
    My wife says I need to talk to people more...well I guess it's bottled up and then this place gets the full brunt of it!:rolleyes::p
    Well that's cool! Must have been a fun thing for you to do!:cool::thumbsup:

A lot of folks have been through New Mexico looking for gold.
    Jake's father, John, is the one that settled there in Southwest New Mexico in the late 1860s. We've had family working in the copper mines there ever since. Somtimes they would hit some small areas of gold, silver and turquoise, but not much.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chino_mine
    My dad was born there when it was a hill, before it became an open pit. My great grandfather was a constable at the town.
    This copper and turquoise was mined there, some my dad gave me years ago.
    copper.jpg