1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Looks like a great hike, Jack!:):thumbsup:
    Nice job Jon and company!:thumbsup::thumbsup: May have to build one as well!;):thumbsup:
    Looks like a cool book, and of course a very cool Lambsfoot, Kevin! I went from the Boyscout book to the Army books, but haven't seen yours.:cool::thumbsup:
    Very cool use of the barrel, Mike!:):thumbsup:
    Slingshots have changed since I last owned a wrist rocket!:eek: Need to upgrade soon.
    You have a great idea there, Dave!:cool::thumbsup:
    That's some great companionship you had with you, and some great terrain for a ride!:cool:
    So very cool, Dan!! Great recording!;):thumbsup:
    Your HHB looks like it's enjoying the day, José!:thumbsup:
    That's a pocket full of fun, Jack!;):thumbsup:
    Two great photos, Fred! Glad the harvest is going well!:cool::thumbsup:
    Looks good, Jack! I've been on an oatmeal, yogurt and fruit :rolleyes: :thumbsdown: Ready for some bacon and eggs!;):thumbsup:
    Looks like your Rosie is going to get a workout!:D:thumbsup:
    Man, a busy weekend for you, John! Glad you had your survival tools handy!:cool::thumbsup:
    What a great way to start the day, Rachel! Hope you had some milk or coffee on hand for the cookies! I gotta pick up some biscottis now!!:D:thumbsup:
    Man, your WCLF is looking good, Ed!:cool::thumbsup:
    And a grand shot of your handsome Horn Lamb!;):thumbsup:
    Nice! What other tool would you ever need?!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    A great looking WCLF to have by your side!;):thumbsup:
    Wow, nice!:cool::thumbsup:
    Thank you very much, Gary!
    (If that's the case, it's going to get old, fat and sassy :p)
    Great shot of the Ram Jam, Gary! See him next go-round!:cool::thumbsup:
    They do that every now and then!:D:thumbsup:
    I did that same thing with a spear point the other day!:cool::thumbsup:

Back to the rock...
    rock0.jpg

Have a great Monday!

2. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
  3. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice pic Ed :)

Great to see you here my friend :) That's a nice collection to go with your favourites, I'll have to see if I have any for you :) :thumbsup:

The Big 'Un is a worker Ron! ;) :thumbsup:

Lovely knife :) :thumbsup:

Very nice Mike, I didn't know that firm was so well known. I often carried a Milbro slingshot as a kid, and got one of those 'wrist rockets' when they first came out, but this is the first slingshot I've had in years. I like it's simplicity, but find wrapping the bands a bit fiddly :D I need to get out and practice a bit more, at one time I would have just gone up to the local park, or out in the garden, but they'd be calling a SWAT team for me here these days :rolleyes: That's a beauty that you made, well done :) Glad to hear you're getting on with that two-blade from Wright's :thumbsup:

Me neither :) :thumbsup:

I never bought many seconds from Wright's, maybe half a dozen, but the ones I got had only minor cosmetic flaws. I even got this double-bolstered model :)

[​IMG]

Well done Mike @Crazy Canuck :) Nice that you still have that one from your childhood Dan :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, and nice to see Lam Jack again before he departs for a while :) :thumbsup:

Just to clarify Kevin, is it Woodcraft & Camping by Bernard S Mason? Yep, them's pointy knives! :eek: :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

That pic took about 10 seconds to set up I'm ashamed to say Dan! :D My girlfriend bought the vintage Chinese toy from the market, and I borrowed it :D :thumbsup:

It's never earned me a fortune, but the holidays have been good Dennis! :D :thumbsup:

I enjoyed reading the pieces those guys submitted, and their pics made the front cover a couple of times :) Very interesting history my friend, and an excellent photo :thumbsup:

4. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Dennis, it was scenic, fairly short, and mostly flat! :D I did get back to a healthier diet again myself mate! :eek: :D Fantastic pic :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful Dan :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone had a great weekend :) I have some work to do in the house this morning, but have my Hartshead Barlow in my pocket :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

5. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much Dennis.:):thumbsup:

mitch4ging likes this.
  6. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Good morning and nice week Guardians.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

7. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Dennis. I survived. :)

8. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    There is just no good place to take a picture in the hotel room.
    [​IMG]

9. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    We are watching the Grandson 5-year-old today he brought his wee camera so I'm thinking we will go to the Historic Ranch/Park this afternoon and take a few phots.
    Thank you, my friend,:)

10. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Good Morning! :)
    IMG_1744.JPG

ulix, peanutsxx, Reaper AL and 17 others like this.
  11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I'm sure you'll be glad to get back to your home John, but at least you have a Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Hope you have a great day Dave, that's a smashing pic :) :thumbsup:

12. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I'd never leave home without one. :)

13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    A good maxim to live by my friend ;) :thumbsup:

14. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, Jack, you are very kind.

mitch4ging, cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  15. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Good morning.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  16. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Dennis! :)

That’s a beautiful Senator Jack! :thumbsup: The minor cosmetic flaws don’t affect the functionality of an otherwise unblemished knife Jack! Keeping in mind they are man made objects. If cosmetic flaws were a problem I’d be in a world of trouble! ;) :eek: :D

Good morning Jack! A lovely photo my friend! :thumbsup:

I’m totin another Bigun Workhorse today. I hope all you Guardians are off to a great start with your week! :thumbsup: :D

[​IMG]

17. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Aren't they all God mornings?

mitch4ging likes this.
  18. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Good morning, Guardians!
    [​IMG]

19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you Ron, I got distracted halfway through writing that post, but meant to add that while I only had a few seconds from Wright's, they had one guy who used to knock on the door once a week and ask to buy them, and some of the dealers bought them too. While I was quite happy with the ones I had, I believe that some of these seconds were sold on dishonestly. I am pleased that Michael Elliott has taken a decision to no longer sell any seconds made, they'll either be put right, or they'll be scrapped.

Thank you very much my friend, that's a great-looking Big 'Un :) :thumbsup:

Reaper AL, mitch4ging, JohnDF and 4 others like this.
  20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I was watching an episode from Season 5 of 'Homeland' last night, and it turns out that Black Jack gum is secret spy code! :eek: If @r8shell hadn't sent me some last week, I wouldn't have even known what it was! :cool: Rachel, just so I know, does the signal mean that I'm being 'reactivated' or that I need to go 'underground'?! :confused: :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Pretty interesting history :cool: