Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

That sounds a great soup. Just don't dip your Eccles cake in it. :D

I've not done much today other than throw money down the drain... :mad:
qClN2IR.jpg

Definitely not David! :eek: :D Yikes! :eek: Hope they've left you enough for a few pints and a pie tomorrow my friend :) After the dress-rehearsal, I hope you have a great Lancashire Day ;) :thumbsup:

tPM87KI.jpg

Just a couple of hours to go, then all the Lancastrians will be hitting each other with black puddings and clog dancing and what-not! ;) :D :thumbsup: That looks good Rachel, hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving
So that's what black puddings are good for! :D

Thank you. The family will start arriving tomorrow, and there will be general chaos around here until Sunday. It's always a wonderful visit, lots of fun, but exhausting. It's hard for me to imagine how my brothers and I actually lived together for the first 17 years of my life.

Snow shovels? If we get an inch of snow, the whole city shuts down. We all go outside and stare at it until it melts.

I wish we could make it melt by staring. I've got my scanner on and in the last hour, there have been five traffic calls - 3 roll overs; 1 collision with a tree; and 1 just in the ditch. There'l be a lot more before the nights over. Some people just can't seem to get the slow down concept.

Last edited:
So that's what black puddings are good for! :D

Thank you. The family will start arriving tomorrow, and there will be general chaos around here until Sunday. It's always a wonderful visit, lots of fun, but exhausting. It's hard for me to imagine how my brothers and I actually lived together for the first 17 years of my life.

Yes, they have their own traditional martial art, Ecky Thump!

oCRKSR6.jpg

LOL! :D I know the feeling! :rolleyes: Have a fab time :thumbsup:

Snow shovels? If we get an inch of snow, the whole city shuts down. We all go outside and stare at it until it melts.

Here the whole country shuts down! o_O :D :thumbsup:

I wish we could make it melt by staring. I've got my scanner on and in the last hour, there have been five traffic calls - 3 roll overs; 1 collision with a tree; and 1 just in the ditch. There'l be a lot more before the nights over. Some people just can't seem to get the slow down concept.
Wow, that's scary.
The most snow I ever saw was on a short trip to Pennsylvania around Christmas 1987. Snow past my knees in some places! Not moving there.
Yeah, snow is fun to play in when it's a rare occurrence. I wouldn't want to deal with it all winter.
Yes, they have their own traditional martial art, Ecky Thump!

oCRKSR6.jpg

LOL! :D I know the feeling! :rolleyes: Have a fab time :thumbsup:

Here the whole country shuts down! o_O :D :thumbsup:
Ha!
Thanks! It'll be a fun time. Dad & stepmom are coming (but will be staying at a hotel)
Koll is all sharpened up and ready for turkey!
Cv8yNKt.jpg

Well, it's after midnight "over there," so Happy Lancashire Day, Guardians!
8hVNYk5.jpg

My four lambsfoots with a recent visitor, Linus.

I don't have English fare to celebrate with, but I'll have a Whataburger with "chips" for lunch tomorrow, and will toast with some scotch (it's British, anyway!) in the evening.

Ha!
Thanks! It'll be a fun time. Dad & stepmom are coming (but will be staying at a hotel)
Koll is all sharpened up and ready for turkey!
Cv8yNKt.jpg

Perfect! ;) Koll is looking good Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Would it be okay to post pics of Yorkshire knives on Lancashire Day?

Most definitely! :) :thumbsup:

Received a special package in the mail today! Thank you, Jack Black Jack Black . This was wonderful to come home to ;)

qBzKJcz.jpg

Poor thing was sitting in the mailbox freezing all day... Had to go right in the pocket to warm up.

Glad it made the arduous journey to you unscathed Mike :) :thumbsup:

Well, it's after midnight "over there," so Happy Lancashire Day, Guardians!
8hVNYk5.jpg

My four lambsfoots with a recent visitor, Linus.

I don't have English fare to celebrate with, but I'll have a Whataburger with "chips" for lunch tomorrow, and will toast with some scotch (it's British, anyway!) in the evening.

Cool pic Vince :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, on the wrong side of the Pennines, folk will already be celebrating Lancashire Day!

image.jpg

Have a good one @donn, looking forward to seeing what you get up to my friend ;) So far, my celebrations have been limited to texting greetings to my mate's Boltonian missus, and a trip to the Jam Butty Mines for breakfast, but I'm there with you in spirit mate! ;) :thumbsup:

r0Ie65Z.jpg

Back