Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot!
Well I can't say we have done alot this week, but here are a few pictures of Linus' activities.

First meeting the siblings:
IMG_2249 1.jpg

And the cousins:
IMG_2224 -2.jpg

He did get in a little hunting. Unseasonably warm, so no deer movement.
IMG_2252 1.jpg

And while I was sitting on my car trailer waiting for a good shot of some eagles flying nearby, which never came to fruition.
IMG_2209 -2.jpg

Windy and warm today, I might get over to the farm to check on things and go for a ride on the RTV to pick up trash that blows from the nearby neighborhood.

Unfortunately, haven't had much of a need to use him, so no action shots. I do have some mail to open downstairs...:)

@Pàdruig

Attachments

• IMG_2231 1.jpg
    IMG_2231 1.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot!
Well I can't say we have done alot this week, but here are a few pictures of Linus' activities.

First meeting the siblings:
View attachment 1263649

And the cousins:
View attachment 1263650

He did get in a little hunting. Unseasonably warm, so no deer movement.
View attachment 1263652

And while I was sitting on my car trailer waiting for a good shot of some eagles flying nearby, which never came to fruition.
View attachment 1263654

Windy and warm today, I might get over to the farm to check on things and go for a ride on the RTV to pick up trash that blows from the nearby neighborhood.

Unfortunately, haven't had much of a need to use him, so no action shots. I do have some mail to open downstairs...:)

@Pàdruig

Great to see Linus Fred, looks like you have had fun hanging out together, even if you haven't done much :) Great pics - just Lambsfoot pics in this thread though please :thumbsup:

c-mac c-mac Great job on your 93 mod! :thumbsup: Curious why you picked the Wright blade profile for the template and not your WCLF? Also, there are some you tubes where a craftsman is putting a nail nick on his blade with a dressed angle grinder cut off wheel chucked in his drill press. The blade was held in a jig that he carefully slid into the rotating wheel. The result looked factory.
Thank you. I used the Wright for the template as I felt due to the angle the blade on the 93 comes it out would be look little off using the WCLF. As you can see the cutting edge of the 93 doesn’t come straight out of the handle like the WCLF rather at a slight angle. I felt the overall appearance of the 93 would look better with a more stout blade. I was also trying to avoid having to add a nail nick and the Wright gave a more punchable profile.
5B8909C9-9E29-458B-A18C-0D821D2ED53B.jpeg E312189A-2070-4DF6-A6BE-1CA2ED9AC311.jpeg

Thank you. I used the Wright for the template as I felt due to the angle the blade on the 93 comes it out would be look little off using the WCLF. As you can see the cutting edge of the 93 doesn’t come straight out of the handle like the WCLF rather at a slight angle. I felt the overall appearance of the 93 would look better with a more stout blade. I was also trying to avoid having to add a nail nick and the Wright gave a more punchable profile.
View attachment 1263657 View attachment 1263658

My thoughts exactly! :D How about a pic of your modded 93 closed to see how much spine sticks up for a pinch?

(I don't know if any of you folks are affected, but over here, a small, but increasing number of businesses won't take cash! o_O May their names live in infamy forever!!! :mad:)

:mad: Oh, when I see that, I make it a point to tell the staff to tell the management that they have lost a sale.
I've had tellers at the bank inform me that I can do my banking online instead, and I ask if they are instructed to tell me that, because I would rather they get to keep their jobs. Don't get me started on grocery store self-checkout!

Wow, I am becoming quite the curmudgeon these days. :D

Here's a pre-patina pic of my ebony big-un. It might not be "bagpipe black" but it's close enough. :)
JVPMUy7.jpg

Good Morning Guardians
I'm forced to post from my phone this morning. I wish I could reply to more of you but quoting takes much effort on my phone. I'm spending the morning in the Emergency Room with my Mom. She fell and bumped her head last night. She is fine and headed home soon. I'll try to post a picture later.
Glad she's okay!

Good Morning Guardians
I'm forced to post from my phone this morning. I wish I could reply to more of you but quoting takes much effort on my phone. I'm spending the morning in the Emergency Room with my Mom. She fell and bumped her head last night. She is fine and headed home soon. I'll try to post a picture later.
Good to know she's fine.

:mad: Oh, when I see that, I make it a point to tell the staff to tell the management that they have lost a sale.
I've had tellers at the bank inform me that I can do my banking online instead, and I ask if they are instructed to tell me that, because I would rather they get to keep their jobs. Don't get me started on grocery store self-checkout!

Wow, I am becoming quite the curmudgeon these days. :D

Here's a pre-patina pic of my ebony big-un. It might not be "bagpipe black" but it's close enough. :)
JVPMUy7.jpg

Glad she's okay!

I am just the same Rachel, it makes me so angry :mad: I refuse to use the automated check-outs, but half the time the staff seem to think you're having a go at them, instead of trying to help them keep their job o_O

I like the pic :) :thumbsup:

I am just having some of this rather moreish coffee candy, which strangely, I only seem to be able to find in Chinese supermarkets here :confused: Actually, I better not have any more, or I won't be able to sleep tonight! :rolleyes: :D

Zinsj4y.jpg

Slingshot multiplication
(I was warned about falling into the rabbit’s hole :D @Crazy Canuck )
dh26idR.jpg

LOL! :D Great pic Dan :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm glad she's going to be OK. Please give her all our best wishes :) :thumbsup:

Glad she's okay!

Good to know she's fine.

Thanks for your thoughts, my friends.
It was not anything serious, just a fall and a bump on the head. But at 97 years old they don't take chances and I don't blame them. We were only there for four hours, which is pretty quick for the ER. I'm glad I was there for her because she is very confused these days and having me there was a good anchor for her. I'm definitely going to need a nap later.

It was not anything serious, just a fall and a bump on the head. But at 97 years old they don't take chances and I don't blame them. We were only there for four hours, which is pretty quick for the ER. I'm glad I was there for her because she is very confused these days and having me there was a good anchor for her. I'm definitely going to need a nap later.

Good work John, a fall can be nasty at any age. Hope your mom isn't took shook up by it :thumbsup:

Going with my lucky WCLF today... Go Hawks!!!

Hope it brings you luck - in an entirely non-partisan way! :D :thumbsup:

Maybe I'll take a nap too. Solidarity, you know....

Good Morning Guardians

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Hope she's on the mend.

I am just the same Rachel, it makes me so angry :mad: I refuse to use the automated check-outs, but half the time the staff seem to think you're having a go at them, instead of trying to help them keep their job o_O
I don't know, Jack. I prefer the self-checkouts because I'm faster than most of the checkers, and I don't have to make small talk with myself!
Going with my lucky WCLF today... Go Hawks!!!
Maybe I should wear my cheesehead.

Hope it brings you luck - in an entirely non-partisan way! :D :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Join me brother. :D

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Hope she's on the mend.
Thanks, ED. She's doing fine. :)

I don't have to make small talk with myself!
That is the Key Point. :D:thumbsup:

While you take your nap. ;)

You're making me sleepy...yawn! :D

I don't know, Jack. I prefer the self-checkouts because I'm faster than most of the checkers, and I don't have to make small talk with myself!

The only ones I use are in the post office, so I don't have to argue with them about the knives I'm sending because they don't know their own regulations o_O :thumbsup:

Back