Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Nice to see you're enjoying the Big 'Un Rachel :thumbsup:
Yep! :):thumbsup:
Haha! I like your dad. :) :thumbsup:
He can be pretty funny! :D
A Standard Lambfoot that ran afoul of a pair of Channel Locks, a fan belt, and a hay mowing machine.:eek:

Pretty rough.
NpqGp9l.jpg

Pieces squished and squeezed together.

XfppZ7t.jpg

First bandage electrician's tape.

E0DCOt0.jpg

Final bandages

OQj2kO0.jpg

The knife is still a user. Solid and ready to go.
Yikes! :eek: Some good two part epoxy can do wonders if it's just the horn that's broken. Are the pins knocked out, too?

That knife must have been used prior to the invention of electrical tape. o_O

Ain't that the truth. I could barely stand to reprofile the edge on my Wright's. Reshape a sheepsfoot into a lambsfoot? More trouble than it's worth...

Besides, no need to waste steel. All sheepsfoot knives become lambsfoot blades eventually.

It's pretty old! :D I repaired it with epoxy to stop the bone falling out, had to straighten the blades, which were bent right into the liner, but it still has zero blade-play :thumbsup:

I HATE taking good steel off a blade :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

Yep! :):thumbsup:

He can be pretty funny! :D

Yikes! :eek: Some good two part epoxy can do wonders if it's just the horn that's broken. Are the pins knocked out, too?

Good stuff :)

I definitely prefer epoxy to super-glue. The epoxy putty is pretty good too :thumbsup:

r8shell r8shell and Jack Black Jack Black - I used some Super Glue and had to repin the spring pin and barehead pin. It really did turn out quite nice and is very useful/capable I'll see how it goes.

Good to hear Ed, hope to see pics of it at some point :) :thumbsup:

Have to say, you fellers who are trying to mod Lambsfoot blades out of a perfectly good Sheepsfoot seem to be going a hard way about things. There's more to a traditional Lambsfoot than the blade, and getting hold of one isn't that hard, or that expensive :thumbsup:
I dabble in bladesmithing from time to time, my project was a blade from a knife I wasn't happy with anyway. So I'm not out anything but time, I didn't have much going on because of weather anyway. 1579390725433343543921.jpg
I've still got this one until I get back around to it...

Have to say, you fellers who are trying to mod Lambsfoot blades out of a perfectly good Sheepsfoot seem to be going a hard way about things. There's more to a traditional Lambsfoot than the blade, and getting hold of one isn't that hard, or that expensive :thumbsup:
I was thinking the same thing, Jack.
Guys taking a $100 knife, grinding the blade and nail nick away, trying to make it look like a $55 knife.

I dabble in bladesmithing from time to time, my project was a blade from a knife I wasn't happy with anyway. So I'm not out anything but time, I didn't have much going on because of weather anyway. View attachment 1267821
I've still got this one until I get back around to it...

I think that's fair enough Willie :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1267837
This is how far I got before I noticed the crack. It's right above the space between my 3rd and 4th fingers

Ouch! That's a shame :( :thumbsup:

I can't speak for everyone, but sometimes it is just fun to modify and make something your own, or try to make something just to see if you can.

I can see that Joshua :thumbsup: Not all knives with Sheepsfoot blades are going to make a good Lambsfoot though, and of course, it's easy to mess up a good knife :( :thumbsup:

I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.

G2okeHE.jpg

You too Dylan, cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Happy Sunday Guardians! :) I have a ton of stuff to do (it never seems to end), so don't think I'll be having a very restful day, but I'm hoping to get a few things off my list, and catch up with the forum a bit, so that'll be a nice enough Sunday for me :) Treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day :D Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

YgNJhjB.jpg

dzQ6NtB.jpg

A Standard Lambfoot that ran afoul of a pair of Channel Locks, a fan belt, and a hay mowing machine.:eek:

Pretty rough.
NpqGp9l.jpg

Pieces squished and squeezed together.

XfppZ7t.jpg

First bandage electrician's tape.

E0DCOt0.jpg

Final bandages

OQj2kO0.jpg

The knife is still a user. Solid and ready to go.

Your mowing hay? Where'd you live? The Garden of Eden? :D

This old Alfred Blackwell looked like it had been run over when I picked it up :eek: I still enjoy carrying it from time to time :thumbsup:

actoSH0.jpg

dZndEvf.jpg

My first visit to Tod', and I was only there for 15 minutes.
I do like that Blackwell; you must of seen potential in it when you bought it. I daresay most folk would pass that over. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
My visit to Tod', and I was only there for 15 minutes.
I do like that Blackwell; you must of seen potential in it when you bought it. I daresay most folk would pass that over. :thumbsup:

I reckon most folks pass through fairly quickly :D I love an old knife, and have enjoyed carrying that one a lot :) Have a good day mate :thumbsup:

36tP5hN.jpg

I reckon most folks pass through fairly quickly :D I love an old knife, and have enjoyed carrying that one a lot :) Have a good day mate :thumbsup:

36tP5hN.jpg

I'll be heading back at some point as there's a couple more walks that will start there and it looks like I can get to Townley Hall in Burnley a lot quicker if I pass through Tod'. Been in Hebden Bridge dozens of times.
Enjoy your Sunday; don't work to hard.:cool::thumbsup:

I'll be heading back at some point as there's a couple more walks that will start there and it looks like I can get to Townley Hall in Burnley a lot quicker if I pass through Tod'. Been in Hebden Bridge dozens of times.
Enjoy your Sunday; don't work to hard.:cool::thumbsup:

Nice to see their Tourist Info Office is still open, it must be one of the last in West Yorkshire, but it looks like the antique shop is closing/closed :( Thanks mate, you too, I can see a sausage sandwich on the horizon ;) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
The presentation to the school board went well. I'm glad it's over though, I dislike formal presentations.

A rosewood by any other name...
Belated congrats on your successful presentation, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Rosy pic of your rosewood! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can't download to Imgur at the mo, so I'll post an old shot in the Blue Bell.
NfdGKNQ.jpg
Atmospheric pic of The Eye, David! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you Guardians !
Just back from the hospital.
Test results all normal

NOW I EAT :)
Good to hear that everything came out OK, Dan! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
The fasting is the worst part of colonoscopies for me; I hope you enjoyed your first post-operative meal! ;):cool::cool:

I carry a lambsfoot...
xLOcCQI.jpg

...because it's INCREDIBLE!

'Nuff said!
:D:D Vince, you're good at this Guardians' tradition that @WhittlinAway introduced!

The knife is definitely a collector's edition, and the "Pulp-Lit Annotated Omnibus Edition" title page is very cool! :cool::thumbsup::cool: The Guardians could have quite a Lambsfoot invasion of the Books and Blades thread if everyone reposted their recent photos (including all the comic books) there.

Also, it’s overcast outside which makes for nice pictures. I don’t think anyone will oppose more pictures of this beautiful bone. :)

Oaxkt5q.jpg
Outstanding photo of an unforgettable knife! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Glad it got there so quick- I was lucky enough to pick this one up a while ago- but will for life hang onto Jack’s AC that he gifted me - Man I love that gorgeous wee knife!
Thanks again Jack my friend.
I also need to say sorry for being snobby as of late as its been extremely busy in work and private life lately!
Hopefully time for some snaps soon! enjoy your day Guardians!
Good to see you check in, Duncan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

“Zorro”, the undisputed and supreme hero of my childhood.
I was totally obsessed with him. I would put capes on and jump from the roof of my house onto mounds of construction sand below :D...
Zorro carries a lambsfoot :thumbsup:

Have you seen the "novelty knives" with illustrations of Zorro on the handle, Dan? ;)
I always enjoy that theme song. A novel I'm currently reading describes a woman as "dressed like an English horsewoman" and someone remarks that "horsewoman" is a word one doesn't hear often, and someone else says that it's more common than "horseman". I immediately sang to myself, "Comes a horseman known as Zorro". :rolleyes:
There's an episode of The Bob Newhart Show in which Dr. Hartley, wearing a Zorro costume, has to talk his patient Mr. Peterson (who his wife called "a gutless, spineless, wishy-washy pansy face") off a ledge outside a high-rise apartment. The final 5 seconds are classic for all Zorro fans! :D:D

:D:thumbsup:
Comes to mind...
Evening all!
w02hDNI.jpg
Thank you, Dennis. :)
That video had me laughing so hard I was crying.
Probably because I have way too many of those things in my life. :D
I guess I'm white and nerdy... but in my defense, my son is WAY worse than I am. ;) :oops: :D
Totally agree with John. :p I'm familiar with Weird Al, of course, but I know almost nothing about the genre he's parodying in your link, Dennis, so I'd never seen that particular video. Very meaningful to me, and a new theme song for my life!! :D:thumbsup::D (E.g., for me, MC Hammer can't touch MC Escher.)

Another fine shot of your blond oxhorn lambsfoot; what's the Russian tube??

I don't always stay current with this thread, but whenever I take the time to catch up I always seem to have a lambsfoot in hand. What about you?

48688321081_d0436dbf1f_c.jpg
Well-played, Christian! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Good Evening Guardians. Late night edition.
View attachment 1266586
As always, a striking image, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: What's the object depicted on the Brookes and Crookes tang stamp?

After you practice I want visual proof. Something along these lines...

Amazing skill! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: I was struck by the fact that rather than drawing back the projectile, he pushes the fork forward when he's preparing to shoot.

Edit: Oh, hey! 1000 posts :D
Congrats on the milestone, Mike (although the palindromic 1001 is even better IMHO :rolleyes:)! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Enchanting ebony lambsfoot, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I had to lure him out for that picture. He was hiding inside waiting for unsuspecting prey.

That picture is adorable. I've got to get me one of those sheep. I'll keep him away from Skoll. :cool::thumbsup:
:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
My wife is interested in many crafts, including knitting and weaving with wool yarn, so she has an amazingly large number of toy sheep of various sizes and breeds scattered around the house.

Thanks GT! I like the pile side as well, but it is fun to have both options, isn't it.
No doubt! :cool::cool::)

You'd think so wouldn't you Gary?! :rolleyes: I don't know if it's anything to do with the fact there's a nursery on my street, and several more close by, but I don't remember seeing so many abandoned soft toys until recently. The tiger on my roof is another matter, I've no idea how that came to be lodged up there, but with some effort, and the help of a long pole, I've just managed to turf it off o_O :thumbsup:

0KvDyoH.jpg

That sounds unpleasant GT :( I don't think I'd last an hour on the basketball court these days! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:
The toy situation sounds unusual (and kind of creepy :confused:), but the HHB with tiger is a nice photo (that probably makes Sköll jealous)! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I still enjoy basketball a couple of times per week, but it's no longer a way to rejuvenate myself at lunch hour as it was when I was younger. Now, the rest of the day after basketball is more of a struggle to recover! :eek::rolleyes:

There was a group of super villains in Spider-Man comics in the 1960's called "The Sinister Six"!
3PWdPHR.jpg
:D:D:D:D:D:D
I like that, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Given that I'm white and nerdy, giving my lambsfoot flock a name like the Sinister Six would lend me some much-needed "edginess". :D
I was buying comics in the 1960's to early 1970's, when Stan Lee wrote Spider-Man, and most of the Marvel comics, it seems. In the early '70's they started reprinting the Spider-Man series in a book called Marvel Tales. I don't know if they reprinted any other series. Spider-Man was the most popular. In the early '70's you could still pick up old comics at used bookstores for pennies. Not like it is now. Every one in a plastic bag and overpriced. Comics were better then, and written mostly for young people. Family friendly, like the Porch. Too much weirdness out there now.
I've never been a big comic book reader, and I think the only one I've read in at least 50 years was a "graphic novel" about Bertrand Russell and his mathematical and philosophical contributions. ("Novel" suggests fiction, which what I read wasn't. Is there such a thing as a "graphic biography"?)

I find that quite amusing... You should make a coffee table book of stuffed animals and lambsfoot knives.View attachment 1266692
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side... And a lambsfoot in your pocket
Nice reference! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nice Solo Carry. :D:thumbsup:
Nice pun! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Everybody wants a lambsfoot these days...

Great grain on the handle of that lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is it rosewood?

Looked in yesterday but was too tired to post after another round with a CAT Scan and a needle biopsy
Hope you're feeling better lately, ED. Cool photo! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. The pile side looks equally nice.
Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1266855
Thanks, Harvey. :)
The covers on your red lambsfoot are rather jelly-like! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I thought it was interesting, when we first visited England, that the employees working the grocery store checkouts were sitting down. Most of ours here have to stand.
I wondered about that, Barrett, after reading between the lines of one of Jack's posts. Thanks for the confirmation. :):cool::cool:

Last day for Union Jack's turn as Lambsfoot of the Week:
lambsfoot.mark.closed.jpg

Union Jack with a friend:
LJ&UJ.crossed.jpg

- GT

Back