Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning, Guardians!
DlBFtLH.jpg

Have a great Sunday!

Is that a newly acquired one Vince or have you had it awhile. My memory button is stuck in the off position while taking my meds. First class knife at any rate.:thumbsup:

Is that a newly acquired one Vince or have you had it awhile. My memory button is stuck in the off position while taking my meds. First class knife at any rate.:thumbsup:
I've had it since they came out. I carry it some, but don't use on food. I want to keep the blade clean and shiny! I did sharpen it. The lambsfoot knives have good steel that's easy to get razor sharp on an Arkansas stone.

donn donn Cool flask, David. Thanks for showing it.:cool:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if you took metal off the spine to make the Lambfoot profile wouldn't the angle of the edge in relation to the handle stay the same?

The angle of the edge is the same, but the angle of the spine gets your finger closer to the blade tip when you want to do something delicate or precise by placing a finger on the spine. It isn’t a huge advantage but it does make a difference.

Great news, Dan.
Oh, boy! ¡Arroz con pollo!

Good news Dan. :thumbsup: I believe bowel prep' can make a man hungry so enjoy your chicken. :D (Looks delicious btw!)

Great news Dan :) Buen apetito mi amigo :thumbsup:

Good to hear that everything came out OK, Dan! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
The fasting is the worst part of colonoscopies for me; I hope you enjoyed your first post-operative meal! ;):cool::cool:

Thank you again Guardians ! :)

I bet Zorro could cut some Zs with that Lambsfoot. :cool::thumbsup:

There's an episode of The Bob Newhart Show in which Dr. Hartley, wearing a Zorro costume, has to talk his patient Mr. Peterson (who his wife called "a gutless, spineless, wishy-washy pansy face") off a ledge outside a high-rise apartment. The final 5 seconds are classic for all Zorro fans! :D:D

I found the episode :D ... it's hilarious :thumbsup:

I loved the Disney Zorro series with Guy Williams (in black and white ) as a child. I used to watch it at my grandmas house. Guy Williams was very loved in Argentina, and he loved it there too. He retired and lived in Argentina for several years.
I also remember when my Dad would read the Bible to the family in the evenings and I was caught a few times carving imaginary Z's in the air in the middle of the reading :)

My childhood nostalgia has kicked in so I am watching the Disney series again while I exercise on my treadmill and rowing machine.

Looked in yesterday but was too tired to post after another round with a CAT Scan and a needle biopsy

Standard with Buffalo Horn covers..

tlo59wU.jpg
Thinking of you Ed and hoping you are feeling better :thumbsup:

Great pictures, Jack. I hope you get some time to relax today.

Yummy... Makes me want one, but there is no sausage defrosted. :(

Thanks buddy :) Unfortunately, I had some work come in, so I have been slaving over a hot key-board all day o_O You'll have to plan ahead for a Sunday Sausage Sandwich next week John :D I struggle more with getting decent bread-cakes (as we call them in my neck of the woods) than sausages, particularly as I usually go out walking on Saturday. I picked up some in Knaresborough yesterday, but they are rubbish o_O :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
My wife and I were reminiscing about our Rodeo Days...

Great stuff! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Crikey, I've got to get into the tourism business. :eek: I've a mate who works at York Boats and is sometimes involved with York tourism stuff. There's definitely a lot of people behind the scenes making piles of money from tourism promotion.

Thanks chaps, it was inspired by the shot Mark (Ramrodmb) did a few weeks ago of his grandad's hip flask. My grandad (actually my mum's stepdad) was a Flight Sgt in the RAF during WWII, flying bombing missions in every theatre of the war, and I believe that's the flask he carried with him.:thumbsup:

That's a great belt buckle John, and a champion to boot. :cool::thumbsup: I hope it gets to see some wear. :thumbsup:

I think it's selling tat that brings in the money! :rolleyes: I've done a lot of work for tourist boards over the years, writing stuff, but I never made that much :D First piece I wrote was for the Lakes, about 1992 :thumbsup:

Nice keepsake David :) I have my granddads's pewter tankard, but it rarely gets used. Unfortunately, my grandmother got one of her mates at Walker & Hall to EPNS 'dip' it! :rolleyes: Since it has a glass bottom, the silver-plating doesn't go all the way down inside, but what makes it worse, is unless it's polished, it looks rotten, and who wants silver polish in their beer?! o_O:rolleyes::thumbsup:

It's a two blade today.

1gF7Rvx.jpg

Hope you're having a good weekend Ed :thumbsup:

"Graphic novel" is a euphemism for "comic book" because some old guys don't want to admit they read comic books. I have fond memories of the comic books I read when I was younger, and I bought reprints of them for my children. I don't currently own much myself, and today's "comics" have zero interest for me.

You can charge a lot more for a graphic novel ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
DlBFtLH.jpg

Have a great Sunday!

Looking good my friend :) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The angle of the edge is the same, but the angle of the spine gets your finger closer to the blade tip when you want to do something delicate or precise by placing a finger on the spine. It isn’t a huge advantage but it does make a difference.
Gotcha.:thumbsup: That makes sense. Thanks for explaining.

Go, Pack, Go!
Xuxijim.jpg

A stadium fullo folk with those on their heads must be a sight to behold I'm sure... :D

I loved the Disney Zorro series with Guy Williams (in black and white ) as a child. I used to watch it at my grandmas house.

That's the one I remember! BBC2 Friday nights 6pm! Zorro. :):thumbsup:

I think it's selling tat that brings in the money! :rolleyes: I've done a lot of work for tourist boards over the years, writing stuff, but I never made that much :D First piece I wrote was for the Lakes, about 1992 :thumbsup:

Nice keepsake David :) I have my granddads's pewter tankard, but it rarely gets used. Unfortunately, my grandmother got one of her mates at Walker & Hall to EPNS 'dip' it! :rolleyes: Since it has a glass bottom, the silver-plating doesn't go all the way down inside, but what makes it worse, is unless it's polished, it looks rotten, and who wants silver polish in their beer?! o_O:rolleyes::thumbsup:

That's a shame. Is there any way to remove the plating? An acid bath for example; so you can use it without also drinking silver polish? My mate asked me the other day about one of his old family tankards. He said he didn't want to use it 'cos of possible lead poisoning. I pointed out to him that it wasn't the lead in the pewter that would kill him but the chemicals in his local tap water he'd use to wash out the tankard.... :eek::rolleyes::D

That's a shame. Is there any way to remove the plating? An acid bath for example; so you can use it without also drinking silver polish? My mate asked me the other day about one of his old family tankards. He said he didn't want to use it 'cos of possible lead poisoning. I pointed out to him that it wasn't the lead in the pewter that would kill him but the chemicals in his local tap water he'd use to wash out the tankard.... :eek::rolleyes::D

I reckon that'd encounter the same problem as the original silver-plating - the glass bottom in the tankard o_O Unfortunately, granny went through a phase of getting virtually every metal object in the house silver-plated :rolleyes: I have to say that I've never been a great fan of metal tankards, I much prefer drinking out of a clean glass :thumbsup:

Oh this Guardians thread just gets funnier and funnier... :D:D
Thanks for posting that Vince, that has to be picture of the week! :D
I hope victory was yours. :thumbsup:
That's a stolen pic, David. Wouldn't mind going to Lambeau Field for a game, but my wife won't go to Wisconsin in the winter. Not a big fan of cold weather myself. I think the current 59F is a little chilly (it's been in the 80's within the last week) here in south Texas.
The playoff game tonight is at 5:40 pm central time. Loser goes home, winner plays in the Super Bowl in a couple of weeks.

Back