Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    59F is a summers day here :D 80F gets people in hysterics and shouting about water rationing :D
    Anyway Go Packs! We have an NFL show over here so I can actually catch that game next weekend. :thumbsup:

btb01, Jack Black and Prester John like this.
  2. donn

Sep 14, 2002
    Err no I did not! Thank you for enlightening me to a nice piece of Sheffield industry history.
    I have an old half-pint pewter tankard and I know what your talking about. I've wondered whether its the patina and not the actual pewter that affects the taste .
    Great photos there. :thumbsup:

Prester John and Jack Black like this.
  3. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Thanks Jack! Hope your day has gone well.

Jack Black likes this.
  4. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black - Thank you, Jack. Your Hartshead looks great in the shade. The Alfred Blackwell is very nice.

@5K Qs - Thank you GT. The B & C wasn’t nearby, but I found one online with the very same stamp.
    55A12121-C88D-4090-9F2C-E75C2D615905.jpeg

Your image of two Lambs locked in mortal combat:D is excellent.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
    03FCFD6A-CF42-47A3-B2B1-8F50390F44A0.jpeg

5. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    The Lambsfoot points the way :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Thank you, Jack. A superb duo you are sporting today.

Thank you, GT! I suspect you are quite right, a lot of readers here with a wide variety of interests.

Something fine for me today.

[​IMG]

7. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I'm glad not to disappoint you sir, I have another footed knife that I'm fond of that I wouldn't do anything to, but my mechanic saves me lots of choice pieces of scrap steel to at with, and we make our own charcoal since having a supply of wood isn't a problem I've got a fairly cheap hobby.

I have some good news on that front, my brother (who is a pretty darn good welder) thinks we can lay a bead on it and grind it down for a repair.
    Thank you sir!!!
    1579492837470347324358.jpg
    Just got home a bit ago, lake Erie cranked up the lake snow machine just as the fuel pump in my plow truck quit. My poor brother logged 30 hours in the cab. I got lucky and our old man filled in for me to get some sleep. So I've only had 18. Time for a night cap and a short sleep before heading back out. Toted the lambsfoot today.

8. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    The building is looking a bit run-down these days, but if you're ever heading north on the train out of Sheffield, look to your right a couple of seconds after you pass the Wicker Arches, and you'll see it David :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

It might be the patina, I guess after a few pints you wouldn't notice :D I think the era when blokes kept tankards in their local was back in the days when the glasses weren't very clean :eek: Thanks my friend :thumbsup:

Thank you Joshua :) Unfortunately I ended up with a bunch of work landing in my lap o_O Hope you had a good one good sir :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey, great pic of your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic photos Dan, looks like a lovely day :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Dylan, fabulous Sunday choice my friend :) :thumbsup:

Sounds like fun Willie, I hope you can salvage your earlier project :) Sounds like you are all logging in some hours there buddy :eek: Stay safe, and I hope the week brings better things :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, another Monday :rolleyes: I hope everyone had a great weekend at least, and that your week gets off to a reasonable start :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

9. Wild Willie

Mar 19, 2018
    Thanks Jack. We just wrapped up again (hopefully) gonna take it easy the rest if the day. Hopefully you get some time back after having to work yesterday. It's never fun getting a task on an allotted day off. At least you got a chance for a pint and a shot at the end of the day. Have a good one. 15795200817661197209678.jpg
    Toting the lambsfoot again today, treating the scales to a linseed oil bath...

10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I will do just that.
    I've really taken to sausage sandwiches, they remind me of something a Hobbit would ear. ;)

That's the truth!!!

Hidden tang :) ... and hidden nail nick :eek: :D

Your Lamb looks "comfy", Harvey. ;)

Classy looking photo. :cool::thumbsup:

Good Morning, Jack.
    A lot of us here in the States have the day off from work. It's Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

11. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    Woke up at 3:00 and couldn't go back to sleep.
    I'm taking my seat out on the porch early, with a cup of coffee and sharp knives to share, waiting for others to join me. :)
    [​IMG]

12. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

mitch4ging, cigarrodog, WHT and 9 others like this.
  13. Wild Willie

Mar 19, 2018
    I just finished my last 2 beers, putting coffee on now. I'll join you presently

Reaper AL, Jack Black and JohnDF like this.
  14. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I often have to work on Sundays Willie, not usually that unexpectedly, but I think I have it a lot easier than most all in all. Thank you my friend, hope you get a chance to put your feet up :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Yeah, that's my Stan Shaw :)

[​IMG]

Enjoy your day off John :) :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the insomnia mate, 3.00am is an early start. I love your pic though :) :thumbsup:

Hope you've got a day off too Kevin, cool pic there :) :thumbsup:

16. donn

Sep 14, 2002
    Cool pictures! That snow looks great. :thumbsup:

Cheers Jack, I must of seen it in days gone by, I just can't recall.
    Hope you've had a good Monday; it's been nice to have some blue sky again after yesterday's murk.

[​IMG]

17. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Sambar Stag covered SFO Hartshead Barlow with a Whitetail Deer Stag whistle. I think they compliment each other nicely.

[​IMG]

18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    It's certainly not the most eye-catching building David. Not too bad thanks, yes a nice sunny day over here, cold though. Great-looking watch, and it looks good with your Lambsfoot. Hope you've had a good day pal :thumbsup:

They go well together Ed, nice pic :) :thumbsup:

Reaper AL, donn, TFBraden and 2 others like this.
  19. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thanks, Jack. Not to worry though, I'm sure I'll have a delightful nap later this afternoon. ;):D:cool::thumbsup:

20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Sounds good to me John :) :thumbsup:

I've got my evening's entertainment mapped out...

[​IMG]

From the days when men were men, women were women, and cussin' was a competitive sport! :eek: ;) :thumbsup: