Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks, Jack. :)
Have fun on your adventures today.

Thanks John, I had a pleasant time swapping stories on the tool-stall, picked up some slingshot stuff I'd ordered, grabbed a bite to eat, did some shopping. I have a bit of work to do at home, and then I'm off out for dinner later :) Hope you're having a good day my friend :thumbsup:

49461719103_b8ce345956_h.jpg

Do you make that dandelion wine yourself Willie? For a woman who barely drank, my grandmother was always making country wines, there would be demijohns bubbling all over the house! :D :thumbsup:
I do. This particular batch I made with my dad. We have a lot of fun making it. It's a blast to make even if you don't drink, so I can see why your grandmother would keep a bunch going. My great uncle doesn't drink much either but he's got a cellar full of wine and home brew white lightning. He runs a small still out in the garage for something to do.

Thanks John, I had a pleasant time swapping stories on the tool-stall, picked up some slingshot stuff I'd ordered, grabbed a bite to eat, did some shopping. I have a bit of work to do at home, and then I'm off out for dinner later :) Hope you're having a good day my friend :thumbsup:
It's always weird to read all the wonderful stuff you already did today, while I'm just sitting down to eat my breakfast. I'm happy you've had a fun day so far, hope tonight is just as rewarding. :)

Very nice Kevin :) :thumbsup:

I do. This particular batch I made with my dad. We have a lot of fun making it. It's a blast to make even if you don't drink, so I can see why your grandmother would keep a bunch going. My great uncle doesn't drink much either but he's got a cellar full of wine and home brew white lightning. He runs a small still out in the garage for something to do.

Good for you :) My grandmother used to make tons of the stuff, from just about everything imaginable, even tea! :D I still have her old recipe book :) I used to make a few batches myself when I was younger. I've never tried distilling, but I know a knife-collecting Russian chemistry teacher who has a lot of experience :D :thumbsup:

It's always weird to read all the wonderful stuff you already did today, while I'm just sitting down to eat my breakfast. I'm happy you've had a fun day so far, hope tonight is just as rewarding. :)

LOL! Thanks John, I've just been messing about with this wee slingshot, reminds me of the Milbro I had as a lad :) Off out for Mexican in an hour or so, I don't know if the place would pass muster with our Texan contingent, but it's run by Mexicans - Yorkshire Mexicans though I guess! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

0O8pDNE.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - After hearing of your busy day, I had to take a nap.:D

When I woke up, thinking of your going out for a Mexican dinner, I felt compelled to have Tostados with melted, shredded, sharp cheddar cheese.
2D5A24E1-FB74-4F01-8C8A-ED566783035A.jpeg

Modoc ED Modoc ED - The Stag covers on your H B & H Lamb Foot is exceptional.

donn donn - Two fine images, David. The still life on top is especially appealing.

Good Morning Guardians.

1-XL Lamb and a fine 10 cent cigar.
0C2A0D97-797F-4859-9212-49CA831B6104.jpeg

I don't know if the place would pass muster with our Texan contingent, but it's run by Mexicans - Yorkshire Mexicans though I guess! :eek: :D :thumbsup:
Here in California, the Mexicans cook everything... Mexican food, American food, Chinese food... They are GREAT cooks!!!

Fun picture, Jack. Made me smile at work. :)

Harrison Bros & Howson

qZltu3z.jpg

larDI9D.jpg

yQt4P7w.jpg

That's a fantastic old Sheffield Lambsfoot Ed :) :thumbsup:

Now ain't that a good looking knife. :thumbsup:

DL5hxF3.jpg

hfvh2ou.jpg

So is that David ;) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - After hearing of your busy day, I had to take a nap.:D

When I woke up, thinking of your going out for a Mexican dinner, I felt compelled to have Tostados with melted, shredded, sharp cheddar cheese.
View attachment 1274872

Modoc ED Modoc ED - The Stag covers on your H B & H Lamb Foot is exceptional.

donn donn - Two fine images, David. The still life on top is especially appealing.

Good Morning Guardians.

1-XL Lamb and a fine 10 cent cigar.
View attachment 1274873

LOL! I think today might be the first day this week I haven't had a nap! :D That looks delicious my friend, two incredible pics :) :thumbsup:

Here in California, the Mexicans cook everything... Mexican food, American food, Chinese food... They are GREAT cooks!!!

I thought the food was very good (but what would I know?) :D My only complaints were the irritating tones of the middle-class English waitress, and the fact Tommy's Margaritas are no longer included in the early-bird 2-4-1 cocktail offer! :eek: o_O :(

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

GT, stuck on the farm with only the cows for company. :( :D

Fabulous photo. It's looking like a well-loved tool, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
That was a long time ago, John, but no doubt has life-long influence! :rolleyes:
Thanks for the wise comment about my ebony lambsfoot, John :); I need to "moisturize" the wood.

Thanks GT! It is a Cannon brand, and I was surprised at its quality for the price. I think if I do another mod, I might try an Otter anchor knife in carbon.
Thanks for the confirmation, Joshua. :)

Very interesting GT, I the Hindi name for dried cilantro/coriander is dhania, and I think it's the same when it's fresh :thumbsup:

Thank you my friend :) The Old Cock is a small low-ceilinged old pub, which always has a range of good beers on. As it was busy though, I couldn't see all the ones they had on tap, but greedily spotted the Imperial Stout right away. I asked how strong it was, and the landlady told me 8%, so I just asked for a half. "Just a half?" She asked. I told her that I'd probably end up having another, but since it was 8%, it seemed cheeky to have a pint in one go :D As she was poring it though, I spotted the Brass Castle Hazelnut Porter, so said I'd have a pint of that 'on the side' ;) :thumbsup:

Sorry for my confusion, and thanks for the information GT :) Those Lister engines are old-fashioned air-cooled straight twin diesel-engines, used on a variety of 'plant' machinery, (though the company made a range of engines), usually in a static or semi-static situation. They were 'common as muck' when I was young, but quite collectible today :thumbsup:

Great to see your Black Jack back :) :thumbsup:

Unusual name for a cafe GT! :D Another fab pic of your Black Jack :thumbsup:
"dhania" sounds right, Jack. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the details about ordering a pint and a half, and about Lister engines. :)
As always, thanks for the encouragement regarding my knives. :)
The name seems unusual, but there was definitely 1 gato that seemed to be a fixture behind the bar, and maybe there were others lurking about! ;)

Thanks. The factory edge was unsatisfactory, so I took the blade nearly flat to the stone. No longer mint, she's a fierce cutter now.
I should try that on some of my knives (after some practice on blades from old beaters). :thumbsup::cool:

The only action you would get from that is "Bolt, Single, Double, Pump, or Lever." :D
That sounds quite "kinky", John, as they said 50 years ago! :eek::D

Your Black Jack Guardians 18 is magnificent, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, José! It seems like my favorite lambsfoot is always the one I'm currently carrying. :)

A long time ago. They're not bad on a combination pizza, but I've never been able to eat them as is. I'll take your advice and give them another try, I'm close to that age now.
Are all varieties of olives detectable for you? I like black olives in salads, on pizza, in Mexican food, but I seldom eat just black olives alone. I do NOT care for green olives in any format (although we had a jar of green olives stuffed with jalapeños over the Christmas season, and I liked adding slices of those (cut with a lambsfoot, of course ;)) to some of my vegetable casseroles/concoctions).

Jack Black Jack Black - Their stories are incredible.

Roza Shanina

Say Yes to Olives.:thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your 2018 Black Jack has been one of my favorites of the SFOs.
Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1274003
Interesting sniper links, Harvey. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for the ebony enthusiasm. :)
Your shot of the Hunter's horn lambsfoot on foil is notable! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Help... Skoll is developing a problem...
It's a special knife and I don't want to mess it up. :cool::thumbsup:
Sorry to hear that, John. :( I hope you can find a way to get Sköll back in the hunt!

Jack, your award-winning HHB with the whale in the top hat reminded me of perhaps my favorite James Herriot Yorkshire veterinarian story, "The Bull with the Bowler Hat"! :thumbsup::D

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1274347
Harvey, if you ever lose that cleverly-camoflaged stag lambsfoot in a pile of chocolate chip cookies, I think I can arrange to help you search for it! Yum! :D:thumbsup::D

Good morning Guardians. I carry a Lambsfoot. Well, actually, sometimes I carry two! ;) Both are SFO’s. I’ve got my Sambar Hartshead Barlow from Jack Black Jack Black and my Waynorth Jigged Bone from @waynorth. Thank you Jack and Charlie. :thumbsup: :)

49460752463_bd1c60963d_o_d.jpg
Good Morning Guardians
I'll be carrying the WCLF today...
Ron & John & Jack remind us again that 2019 was a remarkable Year of the Lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Harrison Bros & Howson

qZltu3z.jpg

larDI9D.jpg

yQt4P7w.jpg
Superb knife, ED; seeing that one posted always brightens my day! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Black Jack again, looking quite "fly", as the guys cooler than me used to say in the inner city back in the 1970s:
mark.closed.fly.jpg

- GT

Very nice Kevin :) :thumbsup:

Good for you :) My grandmother used to make tons of the stuff, from just about everything imaginable, even tea! :D I still have her old recipe book :) I used to make a few batches myself when I was younger. I've never tried distilling, but I know a knife-collecting Russian chemistry teacher who has a lot of experience :D :thumbsup:

LOL! Thanks John, I've just been messing about with this wee slingshot, reminds me of the Milbro I had as a lad :) Off out for Mexican in an hour or so, I don't know if the place would pass muster with our Texan contingent, but it's run by Mexicans - Yorkshire Mexicans though I guess! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

0O8pDNE.jpg
Mexican Cuisine is hot stuff all around the planet. I know a man that owns a Avocado Orchard here in S Cal and the major of his crop is being bought for Mexican food in Asia. Try the Mexican black beans which are from the middle & southern parts instead of the Sonoran/Texican Pinto beans, if you haven’t already... Enjoy!

I agree! Not afraid to roll up their sleeves & get in the heat of the kitchen and cook delicious foods!

Are all varieties of olives detectable for you? I like black olives in salads, on pizza, in Mexican food, but I seldom eat just black olives alone. I do NOT care for green olives in any format (although we had a jar of green olives stuffed with jalapeños over the Christmas season, and I liked adding slices of those (cut with a lambsfoot, of course ;)) to some of my vegetable casseroles/concoctions).
But Gary, a large green olive--or three--just completes a martini (gin, not vodka)! I used to stand at the refrigerator eating one green olive after another when I was a child.

Mexican Cuisine is hot stuff all around the planet. I know a man that owns a Avocado Orchard here in S Cal and the major of his crop is being bought for Mexican food in Asia. Try the Mexican black beans which are from the middle & southern parts instead of the Sonoran/Texican Pinto beans, if you haven’t already... Enjoy!

I agree! Not afraid to roll up their sleeves & get in the heat of the kitchen and cook delicious foods!
I think I've had Mexican food at least four nights this week. And also for breakfast on Sunday.

I think I've had Mexican food at least four nights this week. And also for breakfast on Sunday.
Nothing beats a good Breakfast Burrito. I like them with bacon or Sausage, I’ll pass on Chorizo thank you! Fried Taters, Onions, Eggs a few slices of Avocado and a tad of Salsa! I know I forget the bell peppers , I like them but they don’t like me!

Back