Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Friends, I'm pleased to announce that we've hit a significant milestone with the Guardians of the Lambsfoot Index and the first 123 pages of the thread are now reflected in the index.

We have so much discussion of A. Wright and Son's knives (160 posts in those 123 pages) and photographic examples of their work (382 posts!) that I've had to limit each of those topics to 100 posts each. For now, the first 50 and last 50 (up through page 123) posts are included, but I plan to refine the selection process later to maximize the number of different members whose posts are included in those topics in the index.

A huge thank you to Jack Black Jack Black , @Jolipapa, and @strokednbored for their large contributions towards the indexing effort. We still have 60 pages to go until we catch up to real time. If you'd like to join in the effort, please PM me.

Friends, I'm pleased to announce that we've hit a significant milestone with the Guardians of the Lambsfoot Index and the first 123 pages of the thread are now reflected in the index.

We have so much discussion of A. Wright and Son's knives (160 posts in those 123 pages) and photographic examples of their work (382 posts!) that I've had to limit each of those topics to 100 posts each. For now, the first 50 and last 50 (up through page 123) posts are included, but I plan to refine the selection process later to maximize the number of different members whose posts are included in those topics in the index.

A huge thank you to Jack Black Jack Black , @Jolipapa, and @strokednbored for their large contributions towards the indexing effort. We still have 60 pages to go until we catch up to real time. If you'd like to join in the effort, please PM me.

Great news, and thanks for all your work.

Where is the best place to pick up a Wright's lambsfoot? I have been looking for one with the golden horn scales. Thanks for the help.

Where is the best place to pick up a Wright's lambsfoot? I have been looking for one with the golden horn scales. Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, we can't really discuss the particulars in regards to purchasing/ordering knives here, per the forum's rules.

The best I can do though is to recommend doing an internet search for Sheffield made cutlery or A Wright and taking a look at some of the shops that come up. At that point, since you are looking for something specific in terms of covers, I'd see if there is an option to contact the shops either by phone or email and see if they would be willing to assist you in your search. I have not had the best results doing that but you might succeed where I have failed...

Nevertheless, I do wish you the best of luck in your search! If you come by an excellent example, we all would love to see it!

I have this guy with me today. One of the few knives I have that has a more attractive pile side, in my opinion...

Bp4edML.jpg

Great news Greg, thank you for all your hard work my friend :thumbsup:

This little beauty arrived this morning.Huge thanks to Jack Black for the wonderful Christmas comp.

Glad you got it :) :thumbsup:

That's excellent advice from Dylan :thumbsup: The golden horn is elusive. If you leave your email address on my homepage, or sign up for BF membership and message me, I'll get back to you :thumbsup:

I have this guy with me today. One of the few knives I have that has a more attractive pile side, in my opinion...

Bp4edML.jpg

Lovely knife Dylan :) I have this stag Lambsfoot, where I think the pile side is better than the mark :thumbsup:

A.Wright Straight Sambar Lambsfoot 2-6.JPG

A.Wright Straight Sambar Lambsfoot 2-2.JPG

Hey guys I hope everyone is well been reading and catching up yesterday was my first day off in a long time. I’m ok with it because it’s been bone chilling cold in these parts I think we hit -9 with a real feel of -18 burrrrrrrr.
This little beauty arrived this morning.Huge thanks to Jack Black for the wonderful Christmas comp.
Great looking knife bonzodog

And Dylan that is super nice like it a lot.

Bp4edML.jpg

And jack that stag is stunning really great looking. I’m about to sit down and sharpen up the guys I carry everyday. And boy do they need it lol. Talk to you guys in a bit and will post a few pictures later tonight. I’m taking my oldest son to the airport for him to return to his mother in Houston our visit with him is over until the summer. So dinner and airport tonight. Be well, be safe Guardians.

Unfortunately, we can't really discuss the particulars in regards to purchasing/ordering knives here, per the forum's rules.

The best I can do though is to recommend doing an internet search for Sheffield made cutlery or A Wright and taking a look at some of the shops that come up. At that point, since you are looking for something specific in terms of covers, I'd see if there is an option to contact the shops either by phone or email and see if they would be willing to assist you in your search. I have not had the best results doing that but you might succeed where I have failed...

Nevertheless, I do wish you the best of luck in your search! If you come by an excellent example, we all would love to see it!

I just did a search and found a vendor that had some in stock. There are quite a few. I’ve got one inbound right now. Shipped the day after I ordered it. Good luck!

image.jpeg @Cambertree @5K Qs I got the chance to compare my knife which came with an extremely difficult to open secondary blade, to a same model knife that my friend recieved today in the mail.
Both blades on his knife opened without difficulty, and it is a lovely solid knife.

He got the peach:): I got the walnut.o_O But I like walnuts, and am very pleased with my knife after the time I spent getting the knife working satisfactorily, it rocks now!

I am happy to report that if you order a 'Lamb Foot and Pen' blade A Wright, a really good one may arrive at your door. :thumbsup:
You could even ask the vendor to check for ease of opening of the blades.

Here's a shot of the two knives together, mine is on the bottom. The nail nick on the main blade on the top knife in the photo, looks inaccessible but is easy to open with thumb nail or pinching, and lowering the pen by filing the kick would make it even better.
Michael

Last edited:
Hey guys, it's so nice to see all of these great knives coming out the UK in these times, the lamb foot pattern just looks like it would be a very versatile blade for all kinds of uses. This thread really blew up since I have been around these parts, and it makes me happy to see it going so strong, I can hardly wait to join in on the fun of using one of these great knives :) right now I am just a pledge, looking and drooling at all the pretty cutters you guys are enjoying, but soon that will surely change, so thanks for all the pics you have shared. :thumbsup:

I would have to agree, Jack! That stag is a marvel!

Thanks a lot Dylan, I was pleased to pick up that handful of Sambar stag Lambsfoot knives :) Hoping Wright's will have some more at some point :thumbsup:

Here's another they did for me a couple of years back :)

AW Stag Lambsfoot 'Senator' 5-9.JPG

Hey guys I hope everyone is well been reading and catching up yesterday was my first day off in a long time. I’m ok with it because it’s been bone chilling cold in these parts I think we hit -9 with a real feel of -18 burrrrrrrr.
Great looking knife bonzodog

And Dylan that is super nice like it a lot.

And jack that stag is stunning really great looking. I’m about to sit down and sharpen up the guys I carry everyday. And boy do they need it lol. Talk to you guys in a bit and will post a few pictures later tonight. I’m taking my oldest son to the airport for him to return to his mother in Houston our visit with him is over until the summer. So dinner and airport tonight. Be well, be safe Guardians.

That sounds like a looonnnnnggggg shift Keith :eek: Glad to hear you've been keeping warm at least my friend :) Thanks for the kind words, it's good to see you here :thumbsup:

I just did a search and found a vendor that had some in stock. There are quite a few. I’ve got one inbound right now. Shipped the day after I ordered it. Good luck!

Hope you get a nice one :thumbsup:

View attachment 823764 @Cambertree @5K Qs I got the chance to compare my knife which came with an extremely difficult to open secondary blade, to a same model knife that my friend recieved today in the mail.
Both blades on his knife opened without difficulty, and it is a lovely solid knife.

He got the peach:): I got the walnut.o_O But I like walnuts, and am very pleased with my knife after the time I spent getting the knife working satisfactorily, it rocks now!

I am happy to report that if you order a 'Lamb Foot and Pen' blade A Wright, a really good one may arrive at your door. :thumbsup:
You could even ask the vendor to check for ease of opening of the blades.

Here's a shot of the two knives together, mine is on the bottom. The nail nick on the main blade on the top knife in the photo, looks inaccessible but is easy to open with thumb nail or pinching, and lowering the pen by filing the kick would make it even better.
Michael

Interesting post Michael, and that's a very good idea :thumbsup: I'm going to try and get over to Wright's next week, so I'll ask them about the two-bladers :thumbsup:

Hey guys, it's so nice to see all of these great knives coming out the UK in these times, the lamb foot pattern just looks like it would be a very versatile blade for all kinds of uses. This thread really blew up since I have been around these parts, and it makes me happy to see it going so strong, I can hardly wait to join in on the fun of using one of these great knives :) right now I am just a pledge, looking and drooling at all the pretty cutters you guys are enjoying, but soon that will surely change, so thanks for all the pics you have shared. :thumbsup:

I really is a very versatile blade Duane :) Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the pattern, and to your Guardianship ;) :thumbsup:

Carrying my ebony today (having wasted most of it dealing with the latest Windows 10 update :mad) :thumbsup:

AW Ebony Lambsfoot 16-9S.JPG

I'm heading over to the City of York tomorrow. Thought I'd take my Guardians Lambsfoot with me ;) Have a great weekend Guardians :) :thumbsup:

AWSFO 12-4.JPG

Back