Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Not feeling well today
So sorry to hear that, Dennis. :(
Hope you're feeling better soon.

OuY7EET.jpg
Like that photo, Dennis. :cool::thumbsup:
Those rowels look very tame, you must have had well behaved horses.
I'm betting you could whip out a sweet set of straps for those spurs now.

A pleasure my friend :) What a terrible thought, going through life without a Lambsfoot! :eek: It was the same for me Kevin, that is one of the things that fascinates me about the Lambsfoot, I don't entirely understand WHY it is so darn good, it just IS! It's a thing of genius, and yet we don't even know who originally came up with those little tweaks that make it such an outstanding knife :cool: :thumbsup:

A Spring Knife is the original, and more correct way of describing a slipjoint, a term which I doubt is more than a couple of decades old. It was in use from when the mechanism was first introduced :thumbsup:

Thanks for clearing up the Spring Knife thing for me. I should have figured that one out ...:rolleyes:
My new Lambsfoot slogan, " You don't need to know why, just use it!" ;):D

Wishing you all some peace and relaxation this weekend. Perhaps with a cold drink...

1u2UTlVh.jpg

... and maybe a good read.

ZDkOdHYh.jpg

Cheers, Guardians!
Lambsfoot , cool drink and a good book. It looks like life is good. :thumbsup:

The Stag HHB helped out around the yard yesterday.
49927575183_d02513eaac_h.jpg

Good afternoon, Guardians!
0MgsIrs.jpg

Good stuff. Cheers!

Mmm..Hope you're enjoying that one Vince :) Cheers buddy :thumbsup:

Happy Sunday Guardians!
JohnDF JohnDF that slip is amazing! Love the oak leaf and acorns.
View attachment 1346381
This was a fantastic Avocado!

That's a working knife Taylor :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Good afternoon Guardians! I thought I’d better report in. Been a little busy, and it seems my drink of choice my not be the same as yours. :rolleyes: Yesterday and today it’s been the stag big’un! Cheers! :D

49930584718_89130aa93f_o_d.jpg

Now nobody believes that is Gatorade for a minute Ron :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks for clearing up the Spring Knife thing for me. I should have figured that one out ...:rolleyes:
My new Lambsfoot slogan, " You don't need to know why, just use it!" ;):D

Knife nomenclature is rarely anything other than confusing Kevin ;) That'[s a nice pic, some great-looking stag, and a very fine pocket slip :cool: :thumbsup:

Looks like we will be having some beef burgundy (or bourguignon depending on where you are from) tonight. Just need to add the mushrooms and a little thickener.

Looks good Les, hope you enjoy it :) :thumbsup:

That's a very nice bonus photo Barrett! :D :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! Kind of an embarrassing question, but do you happen to know what the wood on that one is? I know it was a gift from you, but I had to go back through some photos to see when you gave it to me; it was when I came to Sheffield. I’m sure you told me at the time, but I can’t remember to save my life! :confused: If I had to guess I’d say Rosewood, but I really don’t know. What I do know is that it looks pretty darn good! :D I think it’s slowly become one of my favorite non-SFO Lambsfoot knives.

L61ExmU.jpg

Yes, me too Barrett, and I'm enjoying the Nut Brown Ale right now. Brown Ale is most popular in the British North East, where it is a staple of life. It's popularity begins to fade against you move away from the River Tyne, but it enjoys a quiet following elsewhere. I drank a lot of Brown Ale as a teenager, when a lot of draught ale was of variable quality, both on its own, and as a 50-50 'mix' with bitter. Sam Smith's I consider of much higher quality than the market leader here, and it's a rich and flavoursome pint, well-balanced, with just a hint of sweetness, and plenty of complex flavours :thumbsup:

2P9hYOP.jpg

I'll be saving the Stingo until last myself Barrett. It's expensive here too, and not that easy to get hold of, even in Sam Smith's pubs - little wonder as it costs about £10 a pint, many times more than the cost of the bitter :thumbsup:

I’ve had a few brown ales from US craft breweries, but the only one I can’t remember having before from the UK is Newcastle (and that’s been years).

Great pic Barrett! :) I put some in my soup earlier (of course), Yorkshire it up a bit! ;) :D :thumbsup:

I wonder if anyone’s ever added some Henderson’s to a pint of Sam Smith’s? Sort of like a Yorkshire Michelada! ;) o_O :confused: :D

Aye, or in pints. How many pints is that trunk? How many square pints is that house? How many pints does that fridge cost? :D

I mean, that just makes good sense! :D Just the other day I was thinking about my air-conditioning replacement in terms of how many GEC knives it was going to cost. :confused: :rolleyes:

:D I hope it got your mouth watering. :D
I must admit though, I've never actually had one. :eek:

I'm not saying I wouldn’t try one, but it does seem a bit odd! :D

And one from the Harewood Arms :thumbsup:

I3piZGR.jpg

That’s a great photo, Jack! Looks like that was a nice day to be drinking outdoors.

iTo4Isd.jpg

Don't think this test is very accurate. Or maybe I don't talk right.

That’s interesting! Most of the results I’ve seen from that test seems pretty accurate, but I’m sure it’s not perfect. I can see where your part of Texas could have some similarities to Louisiana or Mississippi, but I don’t know about that New York hotspot! :confused: :D Did your parents/grandparents live in Texas most of their lives, or did they come from elsewhere?

My first Sam Smith’s selection today is the Taddy Porter. I think my biggest takeaway from their beers so far is that each one tastes like a good example of what it’s particular style should taste like. The Pale Ale taste exactly like what you’d want in a good English Pale Ale. The Lager is a solid Lager. And this Porter like I’d expect a good Porter to taste. :thumbsup:

ZraEAv8.jpg

That’s interesting! Most of the results I’ve seen from that test seems pretty accurate, but I’m sure it’s not perfect. I can see where your part of Texas could have some similarities to Louisiana or Mississippi, but I don’t know about that New York hotspot! :confused: :D Did your parents/grandparents live in Texas most of their lives, or did they come from elsewhere?
I'm a fifth generation Corpus Christian. I do know that one one of my great, great grandfathers came from New York (Irish) and another from Canada (English), but I have mostly Mexican (Spanish, Portuguese, Indian) heritage.

At least it happened here in MN and not when we lived in Arizona! :eek: :D

No kidding!

I don't have anything to add to your England trip reminiscences, but suffice it to say I've enjoyed reading them. :thumbsup:

This was a fantastic Avocado!

(Avocado) oil the joints!

Yup. I have absolutely no reason to complain. I wish the same could be said for all. :(

Such a lovely workmate you have!

Looks like we will be having some beef burgundy (or bourguignon depending on where you are from) tonight. Just need to add the mushrooms and a little thickener.

Mouth. Watering. Want. Some.

Now nobody believes that is Gatorade for a minute Ron :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

:D :D

I'm a fifth generation Corpus Christian. I do know that one one of my great, great grandfathers came from New York (Irish) and another from Canada (English), but I have mostly Mexican (Spanish, Portuguese, Indian) heritage.

That’s pretty cool that you still live in the same place your family has lived for so long. I’d be curious to see the results for other life-long Corpus Christians; maybe y’all have some distinct words/pronunciations that weren’t well represented in the surveys the quiz results are based on. (If I remember correctly, at the end of the quiz it’ll show individual maps for each answer you gave, so you should be able to see what specific questions gave you that New York hot spot.)

Finally got around to taking the dialect quiz...

This is scary accurate! :eek:
I spent my "formative years", ages 18 to 21, in Scottsdale/Phoenix.

Nice! I find your map interesting because I lived in the Phoenix area for 7 years, and off the top of my head I can’t think of any specific words/phrases/pronunciations that were unique to the area. :confused: (From my experience, it seemed like at least half of the people I met in Arizona were from somewhere else.) :D

I went with the Nut Brown Ale tonight. :thumbsup:

smwDQZU.jpg

That’s pretty cool that you still live in the same place your family has lived for so long. I’d be curious to see the results for other life-long Corpus Christians; maybe y’all have some distinct words/pronunciations that weren’t well represented in the surveys the quiz results are based on. (If I remember correctly, at the end of the quiz it’ll show individual maps for each answer you gave, so you should be able to see what specific questions gave you that New York hot spot.)
For New York I think it was my response to the pronunciation of "Mary", "merry", and "marry".

That's what I'm looking for next!

I took the quiz and was not terribly surprised by most of it. I grew up in upstate NY, lived for a few years in Utah, and have been in northern California for over 30 years now. Both of my parents grew up in southern California, but my mother spent a few years as a teenager in Duluth and Milwaukee, which could explain why my map shows a hot spot in Wisconsin.
EWVwQdf.png

Thanks Jack! Kind of an embarrassing question, but do you happen to know what the wood on that one is? I know it was a gift from you, but I had to go back through some photos to see when you gave it to me; it was when I came to Sheffield. I’m sure you told me at the time, but I can’t remember to save my life! :confused: If I had to guess I’d say Rosewood, but I really don’t know. What I do know is that it looks pretty darn good! :D I think it’s slowly become one of my favorite non-SFO Lambsfoot knives.

L61ExmU.jpg

If the blade is polished Barrett, as it looks, it's Indonesian Rosewood, I think I had 10 made like that when John Maleham still had the firm :thumbsup:

I’ve had a few brown ales from US craft breweries, but the only one I can’t remember having before from the UK is Newcastle (and that’s been years).

I've had a few US brown ales too :) The Newcastle one dominates the market here, but I think there are better ones :thumbsup:

I wonder if anyone’s ever added some Henderson’s to a pint of Sam Smith’s? Sort of like a Yorkshire Michelada! ;) o_O :confused: :D

LOL! I'll have to give it a try Barrett! :D :thumbsup:

That’s a great photo, Jack! Looks like that was a nice day to be drinking outdoors.

Thanks mate, it's a great beer garden, out in the countryside between Leeds and Harrogate, on the Harewood estate, lovely gardens, beautiful trees to provide shade if you want it, wonderful views, and there are usually multiple Red Kites circling overhead. Best of all, I almost always have it to myself! :D :thumbsup:

My first Sam Smith’s selection today is the Taddy Porter. I think my biggest takeaway from their beers so far is that each one tastes like a good example of what it’s particular style should taste like. The Pale Ale taste exactly like what you’d want in a good English Pale Ale. The Lager is a solid Lager. And this Porter like I’d expect a good Porter to taste. :thumbsup:

ZraEAv8.jpg

Fine choice Barrett, I have one in the fridge for tonight :) Great pic :thumbsup:

Great to see you out and about Ed :) :thumbsup:

smwDQZU.jpg

I think I might need to put in another order! :D Cheers Barrett :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is doing OK, thought I'd carry my AC for a change :) :thumbsup:

HIWCVEt.jpg

Back