Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

MVIMG_20200702_201049.jpg
Checking the garden tonight, was able to picked some cucumbers to get two jars of dill pickles!
nWFSuLM.jpg

Ugh! :oops: That nap just wasn’t meant to be.

Sadly not! :rolleyes: Nice pic Les :) :thumbsup:

I find that life gets in the way of my naps. :mad:

I guess that's life John :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

View attachment 1370734
Checking the garden tonight, was able to picked some cucumbers to get two jars of dill pickles!
nWFSuLM.jpg

Nice work Taylor :) :thumbsup:

All picked out for Black Friday!!:D Ring and Knife!!:cool:View attachment 1370738

Great choice Charlie :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, I hope everyone has had a good week :) It's another dull day here, but at least it's stopped raining, for the moment, at least :rolleyes: I'm sure our US Guardians are making plans for 4th July celebrations, though I guess things are likely to be different, in many respects, this year. Hope you have a good one anyway folks :thumbsup:

Some of you may remember @mitch4ging posting an image of a Lambsfoot in the current issue of Knife Magazine recently. It accompanied an article written by a young man who is a good friend of mine, as is his dad. Dennis very kindly offered to send me his copy, but I have a subscription to Knife Magazine, which, this year, was a kind gift from my pal @herder :) I've had a real nightmare with my mail over the lockdown period, with parcels not reaching me or being returned to the sender :mad: I finally got my hands on the last 3 issues of the magazine yesterday though, and so I was able to read Christopher's excellent article in full :) The Lambsfoot only makes a passing appearance, but it's well worth checking out this young man's inaugural piece, if you get a chance. It's hopefully the start of a great writing career :thumbsup:

cBfCJmV.jpg

While taking the photo above of Christopher's Lambsfoot knife, as shown in his Knife Magazine article, I spotted this knife on the front cover of the May issue of the same magazine.

7RgaQ6D.jpg

It accompanies an interesting article by Lee Schecter on the innovative knives of the Billings & Spencer Company of Conneticut. The knife in question is a very unusual 'Sportsman's Knife', from the late 19th century, and another photo of the knife inside the magazine shows that the straight-edged knife blade has a non-parallel spine and edge. The article is well worth checking out, and while there is no specific mention of this particular blade, it looks pretty close to a Lambsfoot. Interesting :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians and anyone else looking in.

Mtcn2Nn.jpg
Refined, yet rugged, rosewood HHB, ED! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Great to see your distinctive stag lambsfoot, @Travman! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A group of us were able to get a few boxes of chicken breasts, so we spent the day delivering it out to some elderly and those financial hurt by not being able to work because of the COVID-19.
View attachment 1368948 Time to replenish fluids.
4zlTQQN.jpg
Kudos to you and your group for your chicken deliveries, Dennis! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
So do you put a wedge of watermelon in your Dos Equis?? :rolleyes:

Appealing handle on that lambsfoot Barlow, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for letting me in on the secret Barrett ;) Here's another hot sauce I use quite a bit :thumbsup:

dfNlcmF.jpg
Hot pic of sauce and stag, Jack!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I often use sriracha sauce as a seasoning alternative to Tabasco sauce, but during the pandemic, I've been exploring the shelves full of mysterious bottled "mixed spices" my wife has. I'm quite fond of Berbere, Allepo pepper, Chipotle, Adobo, some kind of fajita seasoning, and various "strengths" of chili powder (not all at once :rolleyes:) sprinkled on my culinary concoctions.

A recycled shot but the one I've got with me today.
3KMCygS.jpg
Great photo, David, of that unmistakable Eye of Sauron horn lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Rare and resplendent, Jack!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Good morning Guardians. Heading off to the links this morning. Hope the rain holds off today...at least until the round is finished:D. Will have this one with me today.
View attachment 1369006
Hope you enjoyed your golf, Bill. :) I used to golf quite regularly, but haven't gone at all for at least 10 or 15 years.
Is that refurbished Barlow working out for you?

There is good and bad in everything, David. :p
(Recycled pic)
Laudable stag lambsfoot, Les! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Striking sun-drenched African rosewood, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Pile side on rocks :thumbsup:
DZvleqB.jpg
Gorgeous, Rob! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I could see Greek letter causing my students to run away screaming. :D
:D:p

I hope y’all don’t get tired of seeing my PD big’un. It’s the only Lambsfoot on the trip! Y’all have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

50062378377_06223aeb9f_o_d.jpg
How can we object to your posting an EDC every day, Ron? ;) It's a winner! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you very much Gary :) That's great you've still been able to get all those miles in. These past few weeks, I haven't covered a fraction of the miles I was doing before the lockdown I'm afraid :( Here's another pic of those ACs, I'm not sure all the names are still current :thumbsup:

8oY5MGT.jpg

Cracker Jack is looking good :) :thumbsup:
Maybe you'll be able to start racking up more miles through the rest of the summer and fall, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Cool photo of AC IDs; I'm quite sure Joshua no longer has the one with his name on it, but he replaced it with another, but I don't know which one. Every one of those knives is phenomenal! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

No "Good Morning" today - it's "Wound Care" day.

I'll tote this one with me. Black Ebony for a Black Day.

Jwjfos3.jpg
Nice ebony, ED! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Sorry to hear that the Wound Care is such a drag. :( Are they still checking wounds both high and low, or is one of them almost healed?

Thank you, Gary.
That's a lovely photo; I wish I could go somewhere with water right now. I'll have to settle for playing in the hose sprinkler, like when we were kids. :D

Sorry to hear of your mail delivery headaches, Jack. I lease a post office box at an official USPS office They are considered essential and have to stay open. I got it some years back because of the "porch pirates" who have been known to follow delivery trucks through neighborhoods, stealing packages. :mad:
Thanks, Rachel. :) We're currently planning to spend a couple of weeks at Lake Huron in August, but I suppose that could all change over the next month.
I do daily walks through many different neighborhoods, and I'm amazed at the number of houses that have boxes sitting by the front door - prime porch pirate pickings! :eek:

"Maths" and "fun" are not two words I would normally put in the same sentence. :(
So Griddle Cakes.
Made to an ancient Anglo-Saxon recipe. These are really nice, but given how much butter went into them you can see how they powered the medieval peasantry.
I'd munched two already then thought "ya know what, these would taste great washed down with a stout".
And ya know what. They were. :thumbsup:
zP9oSjz.jpg

Maybe mathematics is an acquired taste that you're still developing, David. :rolleyes:
As you mature, you may find it to be as tasty as griddle cakes, stout, and a distinctive horn lambsfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Aptly named GT.:thumbsup:
98927EED-6558-4715-B072-824DF870B867_zpscrnxbqvi.jpeg
Thanks, Harvey. :)
Looks like you're all set for a visit to Yorkshire. You'll fit right in with your keychain phrasebook and vintage lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Cracker Jack keeps crooning something about how it's summertime, and the livin' is easy...
cj.pile.Vstand.deck.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
I often use sriracha sauce as a seasoning alternative to Tobacco sauce, but during the pandemic, I've been exploring the shelves full of mysterious bottled "mixed spices" my wife has. I'm quite fond of Berbere, Allepo pepper, Chipotle, Adobo, some kind of fajita seasoning, and various "strengths" of chili powder (not all at once :rolleyes:) sprinkled on my culinary concoctions.

Good idea Gary :) I have been using a lot of paprika :thumbsup:

[/QUOTE]

I received a parcel from my friend @Reaper AL the other day, (which had been sat at my mail box for 3 months). Along with some other fine gifts, it contains this, which I'm yet to try :)

BPzNvvh.jpg

Maybe you'll be able to start racking up more miles through the rest of the summer and fall, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Cool photo of AC IDs; I'm quite sure Joshua no longer has the one with his name on it, but he replaced it with another, but I don't know which one. Every one of those knives is phenomenal! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Cracker Jack keeps crooning something about how it's summertime, and the livin' is easy...
View attachment 1370758

- GT

Thank you Gary, I hope I'll be able to cover more ground as the year progresses :) Fantastic pic of your AC :) :thumbsup:

I was able to read Christopher's excellent article in full :) The Lambsfoot only makes a passing appearance, but it's well worth checking out this young man's inaugural piece, if you get a chance. It's hopefully the start of a great writing career :thumbsup:
I'm sure I join the rest of the Guardians in wishing him much success. :cool::thumbsup:

Good thing I remember the original picture from when Dennis posted it.
Otherwise I would have thought the Horn Lamb was GIGANTIC. :D
Nice addition of your Hartshead to the picture. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, GT. :)

Lovely picture of "Fire Cracker" Jack. ;):thumbsup:

Good thing I remember the original picture from when Dennis posted it.
Otherwise I would have thought the Horn Lamb was GIGANTIC. :D
Nice addition of your Hartshead to the picture. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks John :D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians.
Like Charlie, I have picked out some Ebony for Black Friday.

Great Black Friday choice John :) :thumbsup:

Refined, yet rugged, rosewood HHB, ED! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Great to see your distinctive stag lambsfoot, @Travman! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kudos to you and your group for your chicken deliveries, Dennis! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
So do you put a wedge of watermelon in your Dos Equis?? :rolleyes:

Appealing handle on that lambsfoot Barlow, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I often use sriracha sauce as a seasoning alternative to Tobacco sauce, but during the pandemic, I've been exploring the shelves full of mysterious bottled "mixed spices" my wife has. I'm quite fond of Berbere, Allepo pepper, Chipotle, Adobo, some kind of fajita seasoning, and various "strengths" of chili powder (not all at once :rolleyes:) sprinkled on my culinary concoctions.

Great photo, David, of that unmistakable Eye of Sauron horn lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Hope you enjoyed your golf, Bill. :) I used to golf quite regularly, but haven't gone at all for at least 10 or 15 years.
Is that refurbished Barlow working out for you?

Laudable stag lambsfoot, Les! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gorgeous, Rob! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

:D:p

How can we object to your posting an EDC every day, Ron? ;) It's a winner! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Nice ebony, ED! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Sorry to hear that the Wound Care is such a drag. :( Are they still checking wounds both high and low, or is one of them almost healed?

Thanks, Rachel. :) We're currently planning to spend a couple of weeks at Lake Huron in August, but I suppose that could all change over the next month.
I do daily walks through many different neighborhoods, and I'm amazed at the number of houses that have boxes sitting by the front door - prime porch pirate pickings! :eek:

Maybe mathematics is an acquired taste that you're still developing, David. :rolleyes:
As you mature, you may find it to be as tasty as griddle cakes, stout, and a distinctive horn lambsfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Harvey. :)
Looks like you're all set for a visit to Yorkshire. You'll fit right in with your keychain phrasebook and vintage lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

View attachment 1370758

- GT
Thanks GT, I enjoy golf but this last round I really struggled to score:eek:. It's like that sometimes:thumbsdown:. The refurbed lambfoot...hmmm:rolleyes:. Well it is better; the gaps have been made more acceptable and the blade was reprofiled nicely but now there are more flaws on the scales (maybe from reassembly?) and the appearance of them is darker. It's a much better knife but I'm so picky that eventually I'll have to get the scales redone.o_O
IMG_2476.JPG

Jose, once again your photo is terrific.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good idea Gary :) I have been using a lot of paprika :thumbsup:

I received a parcel from my friend @Reaper AL the other day, (which had been sat at my mail box for 3 months). Along with some other fine gifts, it contains this, which I'm yet to try :)

BPzNvvh.jpg

Thank you Gary, I hope I'll be able to cover more ground as the year progresses :) Fantastic pic of your AC :) :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Very nice photo of your HHB Jack. You will need to let us know how that seasoning works out for you.;)

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

I'll say good morning but I don't know how good a morning it's going to be. I'm off to get new tires on our truck which means I'll be spending good money I could have used to buy knives.:eek: That alone makes this a Black Friday. So to go along with the Black Friday theme and buying black tires, here's a little black something I picked up from Jack Jack Black Jack Black some time ago.

YYXvidP.jpg

Back