Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    You blokes wouldn't know what hot is.;):D:D:D. The stag on those is really nice.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

chuck4570 likes this.
  2. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    True Cudgee matey - compared to you guys- Whew- No thanks!, The one thing that is extreme here is not so much the Temperature- but the UV in areas, In Auckland on a 30 or 32 degree day- the Sun actually stings your Skin very badly and I burn in 5 minutes, where as in England when Sue and I were walking around for a complete day- it was 30 degrees and I was really worried as I didn't put Sunblock on- it turned out to be not a problem I didnt get burnt at all :eek:- such a massive difference!

chuck4570 likes this.
  3. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    It is the same here mate, from September, it not even the Temperature it is the UV. You see people getting around in shorts when it is only about 20 degrees and because it is not hot they think they are fine. Next day they look like lobsters. They just don't get it.

chuck4570 likes this.
  4. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Of course Vince :thumbsup:, I knew that !:cool::D

Nice, a lake full of sailboats :thumbsup:
    Here is turning too cold for that now. We put the boats away for the winter couple weeks ago :(
    In a few days they change our time too so sunset will be earlier ( around 5 pm , by Christmas is close to 4 )

But we got plans for this winter :thumbsup::) , should be good !

5. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    That's good news Leon, and a great pic of your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Cool pic Vince :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Some great colours my friend :) Nice shot of your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

Way to go Dan, great pic! :D Nice jacket too :) :thumbsup:

Very happy memories Duncan :) I'm glad you're enjoying carrying your AC. It's looking good brother :) :thumbsup:

Scary stuff! :eek:

You posted some fantastic pics last winter Dan, and seemed to keep very active :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a relaxing and restful weekend, and that your week gets off to a good start. In solidarity with @JTB_5, and encouraged by Duncan, I thought I'd carry my Ashley's Choice today :) Stay safe out there Guardians :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, Fodderwing, WHT and 10 others like this.
  6. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

Pt-Pinto, Fodderwing, WHT and 8 others like this.
  7. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Great shots of your woodland walk Jack.:thumbsup: The ginger beer can didn't stand a chance.:D
    But get out while you can before the roadblocks start appearing. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Of course Dan, things are a "mite colder" where you live. :D Have you had a frost yet? I'll look forward to seeing your photos.:thumbsup:
    I also had plans for winter, but probably not now.

Third week of carrying my HHB. I'm recycling a pic as I've little planned today.
    [​IMG]

Fodderwing, Pt-Luso, WHT and 9 others like this.
  8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks pal :D Nice to see you bonding with your Barlow :) :thumbsup:

donn and chuck4570 like this.
  9. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Looking great Joshua! :) :thumbsup:

It’s great to see your Ashley’s Choice Duncan! It’s really looking great! They are all such iconic knives! I hope y’all are doing well my friend! :) :thumbsup:

A great photo of your AC Jack! :thumbsup: Just like Joshua’s and Duncan’s, your photo just proves what a truly special knife the Ashley’s Choice editions are! :D :thumbsup:

Campbellclanman, Jack Black and JTB_5 like this.
  10. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Good morning Guardians! I already had Big Rosie in my pocket before I saw all these stag beauties this morning. :eek: I’ve got my Ashley’s Choice setting out to carry tomorrow! ;) Y’all please be careful out there! :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

11. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Thanks, Ron!

Jack, I appreciate the solidarity! No doubt it will help get the streak off on the right foot.

AC pairs well with morning coffee:

8C2C74C3-D7B3-4650-9019-6F884AD601E0.jpeg

Fodderwing, Pt-Luso, WHT and 9 others like this.
  12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you very much Ron, I took that photo about 20 miles away from where I live, but I doubt I'll be able to get over that way this year :( I have an enduring fondness for the ACs, not least since, compared to my other SFOs, they were relatively straightforward to get made :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

What a babe! :D :) :thumbsup:

It's certainly no hardship Joshua :) Nice pic my friend :thumbsup:

JTB_5 and chuck4570 like this.
  13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

Fodderwing, WHT, Ramrodmb and 10 others like this.
  14. CelloDan

Dec 2, 2017
    Yes we did a couple times which finished killing off our front yard flower garden so my wife and the girls prepared it for winter with mulch, pulling out all the dead flowers etc.

No white stuff yet :D

I do feel for my brother @Crazy Canuck in Alberta

Check this out :eek:

[​IMG]

donn, chuck4570, btb01 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    We had snow here months ago Dan! :D ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

16. CelloDan

Dec 2, 2017
    LOL :thumbsup: :D

chuck4570 and Jack Black like this.
  17. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    That AC stag matches up nicely with your HHB Jack. Both are beautiful knives. Is that a Red Deer in the background?

Good morning Guardians and all. Yet another gloomy morning here in coastal NC:thumbsdown:. Hopefully the sun will peek through:). I have to recycle this photo today. Don't know what this plant is - if someone can tell me....:D They bloom in the fall and winter here in NC.
    IMG_1725.JPG

18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Bill, it IS a Red Deer :) I was sending something to someone here, and thought I would include a Christmas card :D ;) Nice photo of your Hartshead Barlow my friend, I hope you get some sun soon :) :thumbsup:

chuck4570 likes this.
  19. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Good morning Guardians.
    The Waynorth Lamb helped me prepare a snack yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    annnd here is one from Friday ( I think )
    [​IMG]
    Not sure if I posted this one of Betty already. I'm not doing so good with keeping up on the forum lately. :(
    [​IMG]
    Have a great week y'all.

20. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    It's finally starting to feel like Fall here. :thumbsup: Here's a picture I took on a semi-sober walk with my brothers last Thanksgiving:
    [​IMG]
    It's time to get ready for a very stressful week or two in the good old U S of A...
    Rose of Sharon?