Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Jack Black Jack Black , the second shot is the bad one in my experience. Take ibuprofen after the second dose. Taking ibuprofen before that weakens the vaccine efficacy.

Ted, I am very grateful for your invaluable help and advice :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm dosing up on a pre-jab sausage sammich ;) :thumbsup:

tcMU9ej.jpg

Hoping to spend a bit of time on my latest walking pole after lunch, but I need a couple of things from the hardware store :thumbsup:

glu1fRO.jpg

Nice find Jack :thumbsup: :)

About ten years ago I made these 2 poles. I had some double sided carpet installation tape and some leather so I put some tape at the top and covered it with tightly stitched leather and makes for a comfortable "handle".
At the bottom I reinforced it with copper pipe and a chair rubber feet cap.

I remember when I got the birch one. We had gone bicycling with my daughters and I brought a little saw to cut me a sapling from a marshy area where they grow in abundance.

On our way back, my 5 year old daughter that had just learned to ride a bike told me as she rode beside me " You should NOT cut the trees, that is hurting nature " :eek: WOW .... I feel a bit guilty to this day my friend :)

qCiwvC1.jpg

zxclaTC.jpg

6Kcketa.jpg

That lamb suure was thirsty.....
I try to keep hydratious anyway, since my imaginary stroke that turned out to be mild dehydration.

The wild cherry stick I pounded a copper ferule onto last year got so dry this winter that the ferule slid off. That hasn't happened before, but I think this was the only one I never glued. It's glued now. Don't ask me how I got superglue in my hair. PPE next time.

nOuOU8Q.jpg

Nobody said anything to me about hydrating.

That lamb suure was thirsty.....

:D :thumbsup:

About ten years ago I made these 2 poles. I had some double sided carpet installation tape and some leather so I put some tape at the top and covered it with tightly stitched leather and makes for a comfortable "handle".

I remember when I got the birch one. We had gone bicycling with my daughters and I brought a little saw to cut me a sapling from a marshy area where they grow in abundance.

On our way back, my 5 year old daughter that had just learned to ride a bike told me as she rode beside me " You should NOT cut the trees, that is hurting nature " :eek: WOW .... I feel a bit guilty to this day my friend :)

qCiwvC1.jpg

zxclaTC.jpg

6Kcketa.jpg

Thanks Dan, nice work my friend :) Ouch! Has your daughter forgiven you yet? :D ;) :thumbsup:

@JohnDF - What did I tell you?! :D ;) :thumbsup:

What's that old saying, a spoonful of salted caramel chocolate fudge brownie helps the medicine go down?! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

91Gc6Dj.jpg

TPKjGbS.jpg

qCiwvC1.jpg

zxclaTC.jpg

6Kcketa.jpg
Out of the mouths of babes.....:D:thumbsup:

I've not had a digital set before, but with my deteriorating eyesight, that might be an advantage :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
If i can give you some advise my friend, i also have a set of digital calipers and they are extremely accurate. Just make sure they are set to exactly zero every time you measure something. They are so accurate that the zero setting can be moved to + or - very easily with just the slightest knock. So just check each time you go to measure.:).

If i can give you some advise my friend, i also have a set of digital calipers and they are extremely accurate. Just make sure they are set to exactly zero every time you measure something. They are so accurate that the zero setting can be moved to + or - very easily with just the slightest knock. So just check each time you go to measure.:).

Thanks a lot Leon, I appreciate your advice :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope your week is ticking by pleasantly :) Wet and windy here today, and if it stays like this, I probably won't be going far. It was strange going into the city centre yesterday, with most of the shops closed. Being as it was raining heavily, I can't say it was a particularly pleasant experience o_O

I got my shot in a high-street pharmacy. They seemed very efficient. I was given the Oxford vaccine. I feel tired today, but I think that is probably from the slog to, and around, town (really been suffering with my feet again recently). My arm is fine, just some very mild pain if I squeeze the area where I got the jab. Hopefully, that'll be it :rolleyes: I'm grateful to Ted B brewbear for his advice, and I made sure I drank plenty of water last night :) :thumbsup:

Back with my trusty Hartshead Barlow today. Have a good day Guardians, take care and stay safe out there :thumbsup:

SqP8QgC.jpg

Last edited:
Jack Black Jack Black , I'm glad to hear all went well. Usually the second shot is the one that will have stronger reactions but keeping hydrated helps. Things are getting better here, there is talk about opening places for inside dinning. Let's hope the light at the end of this tunnel is just that and another train coming.

qCiwvC1.jpg

zxclaTC.jpg

6Kcketa.jpg
Nature's into it.

Do you guys have a preferred length for hiking sticks, anthropometrically speaking?
RPDyuu0.jpg

Looks like I still have room to try to better seat that hame.
KUHIpFg.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black , I'm glad to hear all went well. Usually the second shot is the one that will have stronger reactions but keeping hydrated helps. Things are getting better here, there is talk about opening places for inside dinning. Let's hope the light at the end of this tunnel is just that and not another train coming.

Thanks again Ted, I'm with you on that my friend :thumbsup:

Nature's into it.

Do you guys have a preferred length for hiking sticks, anthropometrically speaking?
RPDyuu0.jpg

Looks like I still have room to try to better seat that hame.
KUHIpFg.jpg

Nice collection Jer :cool: When the weather is better here, I'll drag mine outside for a pic. This past year or so, I've been using a staff rather than a cane, and enjoying using it. The first couple I purchased, but as I'm tall, the shop-bought ones tend to be shorter than I'd like, which is one of the reasons I've been making them. My longest to date is 61 inches :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians. Good to hear some of you are now inoculated :). We are still waiting for ours but I made sure my 87 yr old mom is covered. Havagudn.
pile side of my favorite damlambalaJackBlack.View attachment 1525152

Hope you're not waiting much longer Dwight :thumbsup: That is a GREAT photo buddy, it really shows off the stag, and the Damascus :cool: :thumbsup:

zyaXkgI.jpg

Back