Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks Charlie, that's a very handsome Christopher Johnson Lambsfoot my friend, you just can't beat that good old steel can you? :) :cool: :thumbsup:

There's some archive footage from the Western Works at the Yorkshire Film Archive - Think I saw your Lambsfoot at 28.36!
I saw my knife!!!:eek::D
Wouldn't it be great to find one of those sample collections still sewn on the card!!!;):p:cool::cool:
Thanks for the drum band, Jack!!
Here are some pipes - still too quiet!

Sounds nice Mel, it's looking like a sunny day here - but who knows! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Sweet photo Jer ;) :D :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Another striking pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, got a few chores to do this morning, and possibly an old friend from Sheffield coming over for a socially-distanced coffee and a walk in the park, but otherwise, I'm planning an easy day ;) Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that you enjoy your Sunday :thumbsup:

UmAhNIB.jpg
That Wood is Glowing for you ( and us ) Jack!! Beautiful Knife!

I saw my knife!!!:eek::D
Wouldn't it be great to find one of those sample collections still sewn on the card!!!;):p:cool::cool:
Thanks for the drum band, Jack!!
Here are some pipes - still too quiet!

Wouldn't it just my friend? :) They probably mailed out thousands :eek:

Thanks Charlie :) Great tunes :) I wish I could have found a video of this bunch of heid-the-baws playing it! :cool: :D :) :thumbsup:

Everyone seems to react differently. I felt a little sleepy and achy behind the eyes from my first shot, but it's hard to tell if that was just the tree pollen in the air. I have some friends who experienced mild fevers, or could hardly lift their arm. (a fair trade for avoiding Covid, I believe)
Be careful out there, I'll bet everyone will rush out to crowd the streets with pent up cabin fever. I don't know about the Oxford vaccine, but the Pfizer one supposedly gives up to 80% immunity a few weeks after the first shot, which I found reassuring because the stores and restaurants never really shut down around here.

Absolutely right. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Thank you.

Thanks, Charlie.
That's a fine old Lambsfoot. I've got a fair set of sizes and covers from A.Wright, so if I were to add another to my flock, it would be something vintage.

I finally took a new picture of the current flock, including the new medium in horn from waynorth waynorth and the stag Hartshead from Modoc ED Modoc ED
qALYh6A.jpg
Congrats on your 2nd Covid shot my friend . Peace of Mind ???? I would suggest you getting a vintage Old Lambfoot . They are a pleasure to use if you can find a decent one . And I percieve you to be a User .

Harry

Congrats on your 2nd Covid shot my friend . Peace of Mind ???? I would suggest you getting a vintage Old Lambfoot . They are a pleasure to use if you can find a decent one . And I percieve you to be a User .

Harry
Thank you very much.
Vintage lambsfoots aren't so easy to find, but I always keep an eye out and expect I'll come across one, one of these days.

We haven't met yet, but it is good to see you back in the fold. I'm relatively new here in general and very new to the Lambsfoot community. So, well met and continued health.
Cheers,
Ted aka brewbear

Same as Ted, relatively new to the forum and really new to the Guardians. Thanks for the kind words regarding my lambfoot, and I’m happy to report the sausage was delicious!:D Nice knife you have, I’ve got a more working lambfoot on the way that I hope one day will show as much integrity as yours. Good to meet you Dennis!
Todd
Ted, Todd,
Real pleasure to meet you two and look forward to more posts!
Thank you very much for the well wishes!:):thumbsup:
Hello Dennis. I was just thinking about you today and wondering how you were doing. It's very good to hear you check in my friend. God's speed to you and your family.
Thank you very much, Dwight! I do miss this place when I haven't been on in a day or two...or three!:cool::thumbsup:
Hope all is good in your part of the woods!:thumbsup:
Thanks for your concern Dennis:thumbsup:. I am slowly getting better:thumbsup:. Lower GI problems now but hopefully all that is improved today:rolleyes:. Nice photo of your (what looks to be Ironwood scales) Lambfoot. Jack Black SFO?:D
Glad to hear, Bill!
Yes, A Jack Black SO ebony!;):thumbsup:
Good to see you posting mate, hope your health issues get sorted, and love the wood on that Lambsfoot.:thumbsup::).
Thank you much, Leon!! Love these Ironwood covers!:cool::thumbsup:
I hope the health is getting sorted out as well!:mad::thumbsup:
Filled in some time fitting a new Alpine ferrule and a Yorkshire Rose collar to a cane I picked up in an antique centre ages ago, and now the sun is out again! :rolleyes: :)

yxS1fGO.jpg
Nice combo, Jack!:):thumbsup:
I love the collar you picked up!!
I'll have to get time to get a photo of my canes and walking sticks. But it is a love-hate relationship with them, hate to have to use one, but then they become like knives...need just one more!:p My favorite so far has been my Blackthorn, but they can get expensive.
What an awsome photo, Dwight!!:eek::thumbsup:
I'm planning an easy day ;) Hope everyone is having a great weekend, and that you enjoy your Sunday :thumbsup:

UmAhNIB.jpg
Everyone needs an easy day, no Dr.'s appointments, no big chores, just fiddling around the house!:cool::thumbsup:
Fantastic glow on your Ironwood, Jack!:eek::thumbsup:

Still haven't got round to doing anything with it :rolleyes: I'd need to take off quite a bit of steel to get that edge straight again unfortunately :( Thought I'd show it in relation to recent discussion :thumbsup:

moSbMkE.jpg
Cool project knife for sure! Look forward to seeing what you do with it!:)
Not looking all that promising this morning:thumbsdown:. Overcast, but the Weather Channel says that's all we get - no rain...we'll see. My wife thinks I'm crazy for trying to dig out my HHB but like the Billy Joel song says (paraphrasing) ...You may be right, I may be crazy but I may just be the lunatic you''re looking for; Turn out the light, Oh don't try to save me, You may be wrong for all I know, You may be right!" Kinda sums up my knife addiction.:D
img_2687-jpg.1544033
We had that weather a couple of days ago, high winds, dark clouds...but no rain at all!:rolleyes:

Nothing crazy about your HHB!
After a very busy week, I got my second Pfizer shot on Friday. I reserved the weekend to rest and be lazy, in case I had any side effects. I'm just slightly disappointed that I feel absolutely fine. I have no excuse not to lop some bamboo roots in the backyard before they do their Springtime spread. I can check the veggie garden while I'm out there. The Bagpipe Ebony Big-un has become my favored garden knife.
sm8mRvr.jpg
Glad you did not suffer any from your 2nd Pfizer! My wife and I got our second Pfizer as well a couple of weeks ago. Didn't affect her much, just tired, but my glands under my arm and neck were very tender, and it knocked me down for a couple of days, but totally worth it!:thumbsup:

Love your Bagpipe Ebony, Rachel! Looks rugged and solid!:cool::thumbsup:
Rummaging around in my Lambfoot drawer, I came across this well-worn
(CJ flag) Johnson, Western Works! I can see why it is well worn; it's a pleasure in hand!! The edge comes up like a razor, with just a quick stropping, and the bone has pocket-polished nicely!!:) Time for a spell in my pocket!!;)
c-johnson-western-1-jpg.1544151
Wow, great looking old fella there Charlie! Looks like an old friend. :):thumbsup:
Everyone seems to react differently. I felt a little sleepy and achy behind the eyes from my first shot, but it's hard to tell if that was just the tree pollen in the air. I have some friends who experienced mild fevers, or could hardly lift their arm. (a fair trade for avoiding Covid, I believe)
Be careful out there, I'll bet everyone will rush out to crowd the streets with pent up cabin fever. I don't know about the Oxford vaccine, but the Pfizer one supposedly gives up to 80% immunity a few weeks after the first shot, which I found reassuring because the stores and restaurants never really shut down around here.
Same here. Hope the vaccines stay effective against any of the new strains coming around.
Dandy shot, José!;):thumbsup:
Midwestern Fish & Chips!
View attachment 1544526
Man, I could go for some good catfish now!! Nice photo!:D:thumbsup:
I never get tired of your photos, Dwight!! Excellent!:):thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a....cough...great Monday!
rDZmcZo.jpg

I would suggest you getting a vintage Old Lambfoot . They are a pleasure to use if you can find a decent one . And I percieve you to be a User .

Harry

Good advice Harry :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much.
Vintage lambsfoots aren't so easy to find, but I always keep an eye out and expect I'll come across one, one of these days.

I hope so Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Midwestern Fish & Chips!
View attachment 1544526

:cool: :) :thumbsup:

Another superb photo Dwight :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice combo, Jack!:):thumbsup:
I love the collar you picked up!!
I'll have to get time to get a photo of my canes and walking sticks. But it is a love-hate relationship with them, hate to have to use one, but then they become like knives...need just one more!:p My favorite so far has been my Blackthorn, but they can get expensive.

Thanks pal, it's great seeing you here :) Blackthorn is expensive here too :eek: I know what you mean Dennis :) :thumbsup:

Everyone needs an easy day, no Dr.'s appointments, no big chores, just fiddling around the house!:cool::thumbsup:
Fantastic glow on your Ironwood, Jack!:eek::thumbsup:

Thanks again buddy, I hope you had a good Sunday :) :thumbsup:

Cool project knife for sure! Look forward to seeing what you do with it!:)

Well, it's not like I'm short of Projects! :D :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

My wife and I got our second Pfizer as well a couple of weeks ago. Didn't affect her much, just tired, but my glands under my arm and neck were very tender, and it knocked me down for a couple of days, but totally worth it!:thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a....cough...great Monday!
rDZmcZo.jpg

I'm glad you both got your shots my friend, and hope you're over the side-effects now :) Cool pic there :cool: Don't cough! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a great weekend, and that your week gets off to a good start :) I have a couple of pals who both have the week off work, so with the pubs re-opening here again today, I'm hoping we'll be able to get a few pints in, maybe even a pub meal :) Not all the pubs are opening yet, just the ones with outdoor seating areas, and it's table service only, but I'm hoping we can find somewhere. Nothing exciting planned for today though, just getting on with some work. Still early at the moment, but it looks like another fine day - hopefully without any snow! :confused: o_O :rolleyes: Got my Charlie Lamb in my pocket :) :thumbsup:

rviGoHh.jpg

Good advice Harry :) :thumbsup:

I hope so Rachel :) :thumbsup:

:cool: :) :thumbsup:

Another superb photo Dwight :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, it's great seeing you here :) Blackthorn is expensive here too :eek: I know what you mean Dennis :) :thumbsup:

Thanks again buddy, I hope you had a good Sunday :) :thumbsup:

Well, it's not like I'm short of Projects! :D :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

I'm glad you both got your shots my friend, and hope you're over the side-effects now :) Cool pic there :cool: Don't cough! :eek: :D ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a great weekend, and that your week gets off to a good start :) I have a couple of pals who both have the week off work, so with the pubs re-opening here again today, I'm hoping we'll be able to get a few pints in, maybe even a pub meal :) Not all the pubs are opening yet, just the ones with outdoor seating areas, and it's table service only, but I'm hoping we can find somewhere. Nothing exciting planned for today though, just getting on with some work. Still early at the moment, but it looks like another fine day - hopefully without any snow! :confused: o_O :rolleyes: Got my Charlie Lamb in my pocket :) :thumbsup:

rviGoHh.jpg
The Charlie Lamb is a fabulous knife:thumbsup:. The example you've shown is particularly nice;).

Received this Ebony AW&S today and am most highly impressed
It had to have been cherry picked for me. It is immaculate
No factory gunk, oiled and ready to go
Superb F/F. Like getting a GEC finished knife from AW&S
Easily the finest Lambsfoot I own
AW&S has redeemed themselves with this one
... WINNER :)

PR0Y6pa.jpg

Last edited:
Back