Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Received this Ebony AW&S today and am most highly impressed
It had to have been cherry picked for me. It is immaculate
No factory gunk, oiled and ready to go
Superb F/F. Like getting a GEC finished knife from AW&S
Easily the finest Lambsfoot I own
AW&S has redeemed themselves with this one
... and all for under $50 including shipping. WINNER :)

PR0Y6pa.jpg
I have been getting a plaid polishing cloth from my supplier as well. They have certainly been consistantly quite high quality at a fair price from this source.

I have been getting a plaid polishing cloth from my supplier as well. They have certainly been consistantly quite high quality at a fair price from this source.

I have been ordering from various suppliers to see if quality was was different from one to another. The answer is yes, but the sample size is not large enough to be significant.

Midwestern Fish & Chips!
View attachment 1544526
An absolute delicacy we have over here. Potato Cakes. Thinly sliced potato, about 1/16 of an inch, dipped in batter, fried, left to go cold, then fried again, so double fried. With some salt and vinegar if you like, just magnificent. And in some sliced fresh bread with butter { A Potato Cake Sarnie } or a bread roll, UUUMMMM.:p:p:p:p:p:p:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

7qdEetm.jpg

An absolute delicacy we have over here. Potato Cakes. Thinly sliced potato, about 1/16 of an inch, dipped in batter, fried, left to go cold, then fried again, so double fried. With some salt and vinegar if you like, just magnificent. And in some sliced fresh bread with butter { A Potato Cake Sarnie } or a bread roll, UUUMMMM.:p:p:p:p:p:p:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

7qdEetm.jpg
Looks fantastic!;):thumbsup:

7qdEetm.jpg

Wow, those look delicious Leon :cool: They are sold in fish and chip shops here, and the name they're given varies a little around the country, but they're called 'scallops' round here. I've heard that in some places they call them 'fish-cakes', even though there's no fish in them! :D What a feast :) :thumbsup:

You always capture the Damascus perfectly Dwight :) :thumbsup:

They are, trust me.;):thumbsup:. And this is a Sunday Breakfast Treat. A reheated potato cake, with a fried or poached egg on top with some salt and pepper and worcestershire sauce.:p:p:p:p:p:p:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:;).

ZhEOoKJ.jpg

ei0DiPP.jpg

Living like a king mate! :D :) :thumbsup:

Enjoying my lambfoot, made short work of my prep period snack today.
View attachment 1545116

A healthy snack buddy :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope your week is going well :) The shops, pubs, and restaurants re-opened here yesterday (outdoor seating only for the pubs and restaurants) for the first time in many months. I hope they stay open a bit longer than last time, but from some of the things I've seen, I'll be surprised if a minority of idiots don't mess it up again o_O Back with my Hartshead Barlow today:thumbsup:

z8ujsEs.jpg

They are sold in fish and chip shops here, and the name they're given varies a little around the country, but they're called 'scallops' round here.
I was not sure if you had them over there or not. They must have come here with the migration from the British Isles. We get them from the fish and chip shops, we have a proliferation of them from when the Irish Catholics arrived and we could not eat meat on Fridays. I remember as a kid you would have up to 1/2 an hour wait to get your order, i used to ride up on my bike and tell dad in the pub i was ordering the fish and chips on a Friday night, when i was going home with the order balanced on the handle bars run in and tell him, the pub was next door to the fish and chip shop, and it was a goldmine. He knew he had time for one more beer, then drive home and we would have the meal all laid out on the kitchen table, we all ate as a family back then, and could not start till dad got home. We call them potato cakes here, but in New South Wales they also call them potato scallops, i think that would be because they were the first settled state with British Immigrants, i'm only guessing but potato "cakes" might be an Irish thing. Whatever you call them they are good, especially if you get them when they have replaced the oil and they are cooked in fresh oil.:p:thumbsup:.

I was not sure if you had them over there or not. They must have come here with the migration from the British Isles. We get them from the fish and chip shops, we have a proliferation of them from when the Irish Catholics arrived and we could not eat meat on Fridays. I remember as a kid you would have up to 1/2 an hour wait to get your order, i used to ride up on my bike and tell dad in the pub i was ordering the fish and chips on a Friday night, when i was going home with the order balanced on the handle bars run in and tell him, the pub was next door to the fish and chip shop, and it was a goldmine. He knew he had time for one more beer, then drive home and we would have the meal all laid out on the kitchen table, we all ate as a family back then, and could not start till dad got home. We call them potato cakes here, but in New South Wales they also call them potato scallops, i think that would be because they were the first settled state with British Immigrants, i'm only guessing but potato "cakes" might be an Irish thing. Whatever you call them they are good, especially if you get them when they have replaced the oil and they are cooked in fresh oil.:p:thumbsup:.

Happy days! :) There are not a fraction of the fish and chip shops here that there used to be :( Very interesting post about the language Leon. We have potato cakes here, I make them quite often, but they are essentially shallow-fried mashed potato 'cakes', usually with various things added, such as onion, herbs, cheese, bacon, etc, and there is 'bubble and squeak' too! :D Potato cakes are very popular in Ireland, but the ones I've had have all been much the same as the ones here. When I was a kid, a scallop was just a round piece of potato, fried like a chip :D Some fish and chips shops here also sell 'rissoles', but the composition of them varies even more than fish-cakes! :D :thumbsup:

I was trying to find a photo of a Lambsfoot, and I know that I have several, but with more than 20,000 knife photos on my PC, it's a bit of a struggle finding them :rolleyes: Here's chip butty! :D I'm hungry now! :D :) :thumbsup:

HCi30vh.jpg

Happy days! :) There are not a fraction of the fish and chip shops here that there used to be :( Very interesting post about the language Leon. We have potato cakes here, I make them quite often, but they are essentially shallow-fried mashed potato 'cakes', usually with various things added, such as onion, herbs, cheese, bacon, etc, and there is 'bubble and squeak' too! :D Potato cakes are very popular in Ireland, but the ones I've had have all been much the same as the ones here. When I was a kid, a scallop was just a round piece of potato, fried like a chip :D Some fish and chips shops here also sell 'rissoles', but the composition of them varies even more than fish-cakes! :D :thumbsup:

I was trying to find a photo of a Lambsfoot, and I know that I have several, but with more than 20,000 knife photos on my PC, it's a bit of a struggle finding them :rolleyes: Here's chip butty! :D I'm hungry now! :D :) :thumbsup:

HCi30vh.jpg
I have had tea, just cleaned my teeth, now you're making ME hungry again.:rolleyes:;).

It's 10.30am here, and I'm already thinking of the chippy! :D :thumbsup:
Here's a quick fact check from the past talking about "chippy". Roughly 55 years ago, so we are talking more than half a century, mum would give me a ten bob note to get the fish and chips, that was for a family of seven, mum and dad and five kids. That converted to one dollar when we went to decimal currency, to feed a family of seven now would cost about sixty dollars.:eek::eek::eek:.:D.

Back